Sign in to follow this  
quit_yume

Question About Circumcision for Kids in the Philippines

richard_ost
I'd like to see that law.

You're correct. Wish I had internet back then so I could have had an argument with the idiots. Doesn't really matter when the child's middle name got dropped out in the eyes of my country.

Skywalker

The preventative educational requirements regarding HIV and STD's is teaching the use of condoms.  

Believing that circumcision will prevent HIV and STD's is irresponsible, and frankly ignorant, and more importantly dangerous.

The added benefit will be the prevention of unwanted pregnancies.  Everyone wins.  But that's probably too simple a concept for those in favour of mutilating naturally formed baby boys.

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 1

Tullioz

So then you'd leave the umbilical cord and placenta attached?

The umbilical cord and placenta are not meant to be a permanent part of the child's body. The umbilical cord would eventually dry out and fall of naturally separating the babies body from both the cord and the placenta, circumcision is an unnatural process.  

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 8

HeyMike

I am not for mutilation of little boys or anyone, but I have no problem if parents want their sons circumcised.

HTM

So then you'd leave the umbilical cord and placenta attached?

It will naturally fall off, it needed no surgery.

Didn't you know this?

• Like 2

Skywalker
I am not for mutilation of little boys or anyone, but I have no problem if parents want their sons circumcised.

Wonderful statement.

So why can't you give us a sensible and viable reason why you think it's absolutely fine for parents to mutilate their sons, even though you claim not to agree to such action.

Would you support parents if they wanted to get their daughters circumcised?

Edited by Skywalker

Skywalker

Try reverse engineering.

If you tried to introduce circumcision now, where it simply didn't exist, they'd lock you up and throw away the key.  And with good reason!

There are good reasons why we don't accuse women of being witches, and burning them.  Because it's a rather barmy idea.

It's dark ages thinking.

• Like 1

HeyMike

Wonderful statement.

So why can't you give us a sensible and viable reason why you think it's absolutely fine for parents to mutilate their sons, even though you claim not to agree to such action.

Here's another wonderful statement...

I don't think it is fine for parents to mutilate their sons.

• Like 1

HongKongPhooey

Wonderful statement.

Not addressed to me but my thoughts are similar for this reason:  There may be some justification for parents to choose circumcision for medical reasons, and would consider that decision as preventive medicine.  I personally could not find enough evidence to justify the procedure on my newborn son; purely my opinion as a parent, I am not a physician.  Someone else may look at the risks/rewards and make a different decision.  I may not agree with their assessment in that case, but would not consider it as a barbaric or abusive under those circumstances. 

However, if a parent has the procedure done purely for cultural or religious reasons, then that’s just retarded.

• Like 1

Skywalker

Double post!

I'm repeating myself.

I'm repeating myself.

Edited by Skywalker

HeyMike

Try reverse engineering.

If you tried to introduce circumcision now, where it simply didn't exist, they'd lock you up and throw away the key.  And with good reason!

There are good reasons why we don't accuse women of being witches, and burning them.  Because it's a rather barmy idea.

It's dark ages thinking.

Not sure of your point, but I see nothing wrong if parents wants their son(s) circumcised.

• Like 1

HeyMike

However, if a parent has the procedure done purely for cultural or religious reasons, then that’s just retarded.

That statement is retarded.

PhilsFan

Guess I am a "mutilator" then. My 9 year old and his mother want it done this summer school break. I just do not view it as a big deal either way.

I was circumsized as an infant...probably better to do it then. I think of it as no more serious than docking a dogs tail or pinning it's ears. not a BFD in IMO. 

• Like 2

Jawny

In the area I live, the most common time of circumcision is while the boy is in elementary school. Early as age six, also as old as 12. Commonly done as a group of surgeons shows up and does the surgery on large groups of boys.

I've never heard of any teasing one way or another as to the curcumcision.

I have to update and correct this post. I asked some others about the teasing for boys who are not circumcised. It IS common to be teased, contrary to my original post. Of course, out of sight, out of mind, so some boys never get found out until later in life. But, teasing is common.

oztony

Much prefer being circumstyled :) Got a little always out there smiley face ,

easy to to keep clean and can act as a back up snorkel if I get short of breath,

beats being wrapped up in a skin lid for your existence.... :)

• Like 1