Hi from Jay

Hi y'all.

I'm Jay, just registered here, and plan to move to Cebu later on this year, marry my sweetie, and settle down there. I hope I can survive the heat: I'm from the Seattle area and not very used to that big, warm glowing thing in the sky, what is that called? :blink:

I met Karen online 16 months ago in an IRC chatroom associated with an Internet radio station that I used to DJ for. She had a lot of questions which I tried to be helpful and answer. She decided that I was a nice man for some reason, and things just went from there.

Plans are for us to get a room or small apartment together if we can find one, and live fairly frugally while saving money for a house and for children, in case we have any (she wants a couple of kids), and perhaps start a small business of some sort together. This is mainly her idea. ;)

Now, I'm off to read some of the topics here and learn more about life and culture in and around Cebu City. Pleased to meet y'all.

Welcome, I am sure you will be able to adjust. I am from Vancouver and find the weather here somewhat different from the wet and cold. No longer do I have to bleach the deck to get rid of the algae.

The wife has to remind me to turn on the aircon. I think I am more of a local than her. Or, perhaps I am Kuripot.

Daz

• 1 month later...
kar wren

:D

Hi All!

Welcome me here too Jay! This is your sweetie! Thought i'd sign in too! 14344!

PS.

This is really me.

Paul

Hi Jay,

You any relation to Seattle to Cebu, or whatever his username is? :lol: God, I hope not. LOL

Hi y'all.

I'm Jay, just registered here, and plan to move to Cebu later on this year, marry my sweetie, and settle down there. I hope I can survive the heat: I'm from the Seattle area and not very used to that big, warm glowing thing in the sky, what is that called? :D

I met Karen online 16 months ago in an IRC chatroom associated with an Internet radio station that I used to DJ for. She had a lot of questions which I tried to be helpful and answer. She decided that I was a nice man for some reason, and things just went from there.

Plans are for us to get a room or small apartment together if we can find one, and live fairly frugally while saving money for a house and for children, in case we have any (she wants a couple of kids), and perhaps start a small business of some sort together. This is mainly her idea. :)

Now, I'm off to read some of the topics here and learn more about life and culture in and around Cebu City. Pleased to meet y'all.

Hi Jay & Karen,

Welcome to the forum, lots of very good advice here in this site, but maybe needs a bit of common sense filtering the info as sometimes as you will

notice everybody isn't always singing off the same hym sheet (but that's typical of life generally anyway isn't it?), anyway Cebu is a good place to be.

Best regards Chaz

Caveat Emptor

Welcome to the forum, Jay! :D