Sign in to follow this  
Skywalker

Harley's in Ayala today.

shadow

Desktop expert states facts of bikes he never been riding. And cannot admit he was wrong on his points on 1) sitting position, 2) who is pulling away. Oh well  :itsokay:

Don't be afraid of me riding off limits. No plans to die yet. When I buy a R1, then I am ready ...

Hopely Rouser/Kawa have improved their quality controll. 

BTW I never take extra weight in the back with R3. And my daily dose is ca 500km. Before lunch   ;)

I never argued the fact of the sitting position once I made the original statement and you corrected it (I liked and thanked you for your correction). I've never seen one, so how would I know.

If you are afraid of the powerband (as you state), I would be pulling away from your R3 on a Dominator. Both to me are children's bikes, I was riding bigger and badder bikes that these in my teens.

I rode one of these for 6 years, (this is a real motorcycle) 116 hp. It would do 125 MPH in 11 seconds (That's 200+ KPH). And yes, I over revved it, 12,000 RPM was 125 MPH in fourth gear, as I was never afraid of a powerband:

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_vf1100c_magna_v65%2083.htm

Once you stated you were afraid of the powerband on a 300 CC motorcycle with a whopping 40 HP at top end (which you admittedly have never been to), sorry, I could do nothing buy laugh. That's just hilarious.

It doesn't look to me like the R3 could pack much extra weight. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

I'm done here. I'll be looking for both bikes in the upcoming months.

• Like 2

RR3

I never argued the fact of the sitting position once I made the original statement and you corrected it (I liked and thanked you for your correction). I've never seen one, so how would I know.

If you are afraid of the powerband (as you state), I would be pulling away from your R3 on a Dominator. Both to me are children's bikes, I was riding bigger and badder bikes that these in my teens.

I rode one of these for 6 years, (this is a real motorcycle) 116 hp. It would do 125 MPH in 11 seconds (That's 200+ KPH). And yes, I over revved it, 12,000 RPM was 125 MPH in fourth gear, as I was never afraid of a powerband:

Once you stated you were afraid of the powerband on a 300 CC motorcycle with a whopping 40 HP at top end (which you admittedly have never been to), sorry, I could do nothing buy laugh. That's just hilarious.

It doesn't look to me like the R3 could pack much extra weight. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

Thank You. I know You are a star, a mega star.

Where in PI You can ride 125 mph? Not on my island. Speed is limited by the road and conditions. 125 mph is 201 kmh. Yes, I like it. R3 most useful from 7,000 to 9,000 rpm. 

R3 vs Dominator is not a race. It is a slaughter  :cool:

Edited by RR3

PhilsFan

That V65 was an awesome muscle-bike, like the VMAX, too...scared the piss out of me the first time I climbed on a VMAX and the wheel came up at about 100 mph...holy crap Batman, don't slip the clutch! VMAX has NO weight up front.

Ran 11's myself on a turbo Yamaha...good times, no doubt. Agree that in US the R3 is a toy commuter bike due to road conditions...600cc is minimum to stay out of the way now.

• Like 1

RR3

Sweet memories of times gone by. Reality check: we are in PI. In USA speed limit is 55mph. And You did 125mph. So You been breaking the law. Naughty boy.

Or You did 125mph in Autobahn where the speed is free. I am not afraid of speed. When the roads good. Been to Autobahn, done that.

Here we have only one decent straight peace of 'high-way'. First, the one-leg mechanic takes half of it to his welding shop, half-way the straight is elementary school and turn to *usay, lot of trikes hanging there. Plus all the dogs, carabao, kids, hubug, ceres vs librando race, younameit. This is my place of speed test. Can't hit the red. Don't want to kill myself nor anybody else.

PhilsFan also driving fast. In USA. He calls R3 a toy bike (a big seller in USA). And he wants to buy Dominar 400. As a toy? How is Bajaj selling in USA? I don't think anything Made in India can be sold in USA. Except curry masala  :cool:

Check Your Speed at RPM in Gear

http://www.gearingcommander.com/

Edited by RR3

thebob

Roll on speed is far more important here than top speed. Passing and getting off the lights is what is important.

• Like 3

smokey

Thank You. I know You are a star, a mega star.

Where in PI You can ride 125 mph? Not on my island. Speed is limited by the road and conditions. 125 mph is 201 kmh. Yes, I like it. R3 most useful from 7,000 to 9,000 rpm. 

R3 vs Dominator is not a race. It is a slaughter  :cool:

well in Cebu if the conditions are right you can do 100 plus in the tunnel just watch for oil on the road

SkyMan

I'd much rather have the Yamaha twin posted earlier.

That was my thinking....

post-940-0-67506900-1485220067_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

shadow

Sweet memories of times gone by. Reality check: we are in PI. In USA speed limit is 55mph. And You did 125mph. So You been breaking the law. Naughty boy.

Or You did 125mph in Autobahn where the speed is free. I am not afraid of speed. When the roads good. Been to Autobahn, done that.

Here we have only one decent straight peace of 'high-way'. First, the one-leg mechanic takes half of it to his welding shop, half-way the straight is elementary school and turn to *usay, lot of trikes hanging there. Plus all the dogs, carabao, kids, hubug, ceres vs librando race, younameit. This is my place of speed test. Can't hit the red. Don't want to kill myself nor anybody else.

PhilsFan also driving fast. In USA. He calls R3 a toy bike (a big seller in USA). And he wants to buy Dominar 400. As a toy? How is Bajaj selling in USA? I don't think anything Made in India can be sold in USA. Except curry masala  :cool:

Check Your Speed at RPM in Gear

http://www.gearingcommander.com/

Thanks, but for almost double the cost, I see no advantage whatsoever in the extra 7 HP.  As you said, you don't need it here. Philsfan also pointed out the very inadequate pillion seat. My wife goes almost everywhere with me, so her comfort needs to be considered also. We also often have bags and gear. The better torque at lower RPM of the Dominar is a great advantage for hauling around 300+ pounds. The Dominar looks to be by far the best choice for me and the type of riding we want to do on it, as well it is much closer to fitting in our budget. 

Now then, the topic is about Harleys in Ayala. If you wish to start a new thread about the RR3, please feel free to do so.

• Like 1

shadow

It's OK for grandad. In Japan they are popular with women because of the low seat height.

I'd much rather have the Yamaha twin posted earlier. 

One of the best handling street bikes I have ever been on is the 81-82 XV750 Virago, with the air adjustable monoshock. Great bike, and very durable. They did have some serous starter/planetary gear problems though. I think that system was another thing Yamaha copied from Triumph.

PhilsFan

RR3,

Obviously you love your bike and it suits you because your a single guy with no woman. The R3 IS a great bike, no one is disputing that, understand?  

The Dominar is a better all-around bike (we think) because comfort will be better and because Philippine riding is mostly slow riding due to the road conditions here. In slow riding, you want a bike with lots of low and mid-range torque and good brakes. The fact that Dominar should be good in the twisties AND comfortable for your woman makes it a better all-around bike than a purpose-built sportbike like the R3 or KTM.

You think we are Old and Slow? haha...think again. I did not buy an R1 even though it is available ..because it is useless here for anything other than bragging rights. I outgrew that silly notion a long time ago. 

Enjoy your ride..it's a great bike. I would be happy to chat with you regarding sportbikes in the Philippines...on another thread.

Heck, I will even start a new thread for you.

Edited by PhilsFan
  • Like 1

RR3

Thanks, but for almost double the cost, I see no advantage whatsoever in the extra 7 HP.  As you said, you don't need it here. Philsfan also pointed out the very inadequate pillion seat. My wife goes almost everywhere with me, so her comfort needs to be considered also. We also often have bags and gear. The better torque at lower RPM of the Dominar is a great advantage for hauling around 300+ pounds. The Dominar looks to be by far the best choice for me and the type of riding we want to do on it, as well it is much closer to fitting in our budget. 

Now then, the topic is about Harleys in Ayala. If you wish to start a new thread about the RR3, please feel free to do so.

I said the top speed I don't need. Power for passing and out of red lights I need. R3 gives me that. I leave wife and kids home. R3 is my excuse to get out and relax. 

Your Honda VF 1100cc made just 120 mph, or by some 125 mph. R3 321cc tops about same. Some progress obviously happened in 33 years... 

Honda VF 1100cc was marketed as 'power cruiser'. Bajaj Dominar 400 is also marketed as 'power cruiser'  :ROFLMAO:

shadow

I said the top speed I don't need. Power for passing and out of red lights I need. R3 gives me that. I leave wife and kids home. R3 is my excuse to get out and relax. 

Your Honda VF 1100cc made just 120 mph, or by some 125 mph. R3 321cc tops about same. Some progress obviously happened in 33 years... 

Honda VF 1100cc was marketed as 'power cruiser'. Bajaj Dominar 400 is also marketed as 'power cruiser'  :ROFLMAO:

Ok, we get it. You love your R3. You are welcome to it. The Magna is something I owned and loved many years ago, probably when you were still a baby. You obviously would not understand, but after riding a Magna, your R3 is little more than a babies toy. As is the Dominar.

BUT, not everyone wants an R3. It is just not practical for the kind of riding most expats do here. "Power cruisers" are much better suited for more mature audiences to travel on. Is there some easy way to make you understand that? Or do we have to see another three days worth of antagonistic posts about it?

Philsfan, in an effort to end this, has started a new thread, just for you. I would suggest you go there.

Edited by shadow
  • Like 2

RR3

Ok, we get it. You love your R3. You are welcome to it. The Magna is something I owned and loved many years ago, probably when you were still a baby. You obviously would not understand, but after riding a Magna, your R3 is little more than a babies toy. As is the Dominar.

BUT, not everyone wants an R3. It is just not practical for the kind of riding most expats do here. "Power cruisers" are much better suited for more mature audiences to travel on. Is there some easy way to make you understand that? Or do we have to see another three days worth of antagonistic posts about it?

Philsfan, in an effort to end this, has started a new thread, just for you. I would suggest you go there.

I have great respect for You and Your knowledge. But in this case Your facts mostly not correct and Your arguments not convincing.

Also I stink garlic and old RH. But I am no young anymore. Ok, time for my daily dose of adrenaline with my baby, makes me feel young and guapo. Get Your motor running...