Sign in to follow this  
Topper

Siquijor

Topper

My wife and I are planning a trip to the PI and would like to visit Siquijor while we are there. From what I can gather on web sites, it seems I can take a flight from Mactan to Dumaguete and a ferry over to Siquijor. Has anyone visited the Island? If so, could you give me some information about the island, like transportation, costs and places to visit? I'm planning on staying 2 or 3 days before heading off to other points unknown.

ex231

I just went to Siqijour.com to copy/paste the link for you and learned that the creator of the site, Gary, passed away this past Christmas. This saddens me as Gary was truly a great guy.

This site will give you some pretty good ideas and info. We liked staying at Coral Cay. Rooms are nice and very reasonable, good resto/bar, and beautiful Apo island sunsets. It's owned by an American and filipina wife and they have a great staff.

http://www.mysiquijor.com/

• Like 6

Topper

I just went to Siqijour.com to copy/paste the link for you and learned that the creator of the site, Gary, passed away this past Christmas. This saddens me as Gary was truly a great guy.

This site will give you some pretty good ideas and info. We liked staying at Coral Cay. Rooms are nice and very reasonable, good resto/bar, and beautiful Apo island sunsets. It's owned by an American and filipina wife and they have a great staff.

Thanks for the help. I will check it out. BTW, sorry for the loss of your friend.

Ricbak

You have many places to stay but the best area for bars restaurants is probably in the San Juan area. Coral Cay is a nice place to stay in Solangon and has a couple of restaurants nearby Dagsa and Barkads nearby accomodation that is good are Tropicasa, Charisma and Treasure island. Nicest place to stay in my humble opinion is still Coco Grove resort ( Google it)

Things to do...........Island tour visiting the convent Lugnason waterfalls and Salagdong beach. If you are into diving and snorkelling plenty of places try Last Frontier Dive

Want a great place for a drink with views all over the island..............Infinity Heights resort

Want live music...............Baha bar in Maite

Best Food but not cheap.........book a table at U Story resort great ambience for sunset drinks and dinner

Entertainment and food...........Thursday nights BBQ at Coco Grove resort

Cheers

Ricbak

Edited by Ricbak
  • Like 5

samatm

If Flying isn't convenient ...  Driving or taking Bus to Dumagette  isn't a bad way to go.    Stop off  at Oslob to swim the Whale sharks... Nice views on drive down south cebu coastline.

• Like 2

colemanlee

And dont forget the island is famous for its collection of monsters like the Aswang....I too someday will get there

http://insights.looloo.com/siquijor-destinations/

samatm

And dont forget the island is famous for its collection of monsters like the Aswang....I too someday will get there

http://insights.looloo.com/siquijor-destinations/

True that...    i can count at least three guys that have told me they got a curse inflicted upon them and their stomachs swelled out like balloons ..

infas

You can take a ferry in Cebu also.

Last time i visit there where no atm's so bring enough cash with you.

• Like 1

Paul

Damn. That hit me like a ton of bricks. 

Wonder if Monsoon knew this.

Daddy

You can take a ferry in Cebu also.

Last time i visit there where no atm's so bring enough cash with you.

There are ATM's there now. I live there most of the time.

Daddy

True that...    i can count at least three guys that have told me they got a curse inflicted upon them and their stomachs swelled out like balloons ..

Are you sure that wasn't ladies?

Coral Cay is a good place, we go there to eat occasionally. It is owned by Dave and his wife.

Infiniti Heights is another resort in the mountains with spectacular overlooking views. Also owned by an expat,(Aussie, Gary), and his lovely Filipina wife. It is a bit more expensive than Coral Cay but I don't know their rates.

Food is good at both places which is a rarity in Siquijor.

Edited by Daddy
  • Like 2

samatm

Yes.. the ladies already had that curse bestowed upon them by the gentlemen who were then cursed with their own bloated tummies.   Three different guys have told me that yarn and that it happened to them.  All three were pinoy.. so the legend is strong. 

• Like 1

AlwaysRt

I got that bloated tummy curse also, but in the States by multiple sources. Coca-cola, Pepsi, Cheez-its, McDonalds, Dairy Queen....

• Like 6

Jim Sibbick

Coral Cay is a good place, we go there to eat occasionally. It is owned by Dave and his wife.

Infiniti Heights is another resort in the mountains with spectacular overlooking views. Also owned by an expat,(Aussie, Gary), and his lovely Filipina wife. It is a bit more expensive than Coral Cay but I don't know their rates.

Food is good at both places which is a rarity in Siquijor.

I stayed at Coral Cay in August but found the prices in the restaurant too expensive for me. I went outside across the road and along about 100 metres to a restaurant whose name I forget but they offered very good service and nice food at about a quarter/third of the Coral Cay price. 

Topper

Thank you all for your replies about Siquijor. I have made some arrangements on getting there and this is how the schedule looks at this time.

We will be taking a flight from Cebu to Dumaguete and then a ferry over to Siquijor. I tried to book a place at Coral Cay on line, but the site would not allow me to make a reservation and pay with a credit card. I sent emails to the front desk and couldn't get a straight answer from them on how to pay for the room. After three attempts I just gave up and booked a place at Casa de la Playa Beach Resort for a couple of days. Then on to Lazi Beach Club Resort for a couple of days and then on to White Villas Resort for a couple of more days to finish up the trip. Then it's the ferry back to Dumaguete where we will spend one day and then a flight from Dumaguete to Boracay. From there we will island hop around for a couple of more weeks and end back up at Mactan where we will have a family get together before we leave.

If all goes well and I don't get sick, it should be a memorable experience. The only thing that worries me is the stiff neck I might get from looking at the pretty ladies  :acute: and the cross eyes from making sure the wife doesn't catch me looking  :biggrin_01: . 

• Like 6