Talisay City flooding forces residents to flee

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2017/01/16/talisay-city-flooding-forces-residents-flee-520393

Talisay City flooding forces residents to flee

SOME residents of Talisay City in Cebu were evacuated Monday, January 16, due to flooding. The affected areas Sitio Bahala, Barangay Dumlog and Sitio Isla Verde in Barangay San Isidro. Talisay City Mayor Eduard Gullas went to Sitio Isla Verde on Monday to convince the residents to leave their houses to the massive flooding in the area. Below are some photos courtesy of the Office of Mayor Gullas.

• Like 1

this morning when I passed the bridge

the area within the red "circle"

was flooded

post-6705-0-72725200-1484550629_thumb.jpg

RogerDat

Looks like a dry riverbed (the sandy area). Very common during wet season when a good rain hits.

They have been warned before in such places, but have nowhere to go due to poverty.

when typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) passed, some the "houses" were washed away there

Edited by Woolf

this morning when I passed the bridge

the area within the red "circle"

was flooded

Oh my!  'Crocolandia'!?  I do know the area a bit, Dumlog I think, just don't recall a 'crocolandia'....?