Sign in to follow this  
Kreole

Most secure way to send credit cards from the US to the Philippines

Kreole

I live on Siquijor island, and was just notified that my credit union will be sending my new cc in mid February.  In a post from last year, a couple of routes were mentioned, such as FedEx and UPS.  However, I imagine that it might be a little more difficult to receive in the province.  I wonder if either of those will deliver here?  Extra charges?  Is the envelope passed on to LPS when it gets to Cebu?  I do have the option of having the cards delivered to the hotel where I frequently stay in Cebu have been staying for the last 6 years, and who's management I trust.  Any suggestions here?  Thanks ahead.

USMC-Retired

You can have it delivered to a location of the agency.  I often use the Office in SM mall for deliveries of this sort.  

RogerDat

My wife sent mine one time by Fed Ex, and they custom taxed it for mailing fee, since then PhilPost has delivered them to my PO box with no problem.

Edited by RogerDat
  • Like 1

NOSOCALPINOY

My USAA credit card was about to expire, USAA from Texas sent me a new card at our home today here in NCR after 3 days via FedEx including a tracking number at no charge. They even increased my credit card limit without me asking.

shadow

Fedex will be passed off to Air21, while UPS will be passed off to LBC. Either should get it to you, or at least for pickup at your choice of branch location on Siquijor.

Edited by shadow

RogerDuMond

Fedex will be passed off to Air21,

If it is Air21, they don't call it that here on Cebu. They call themselves FEDEX and deliver out here in the province in a FEDEX truck.

liquido

My friend in the USA sent one to me USPS Priority mail and got it ..I was so frickin mad when he sent it that way ...maybe i was lucky

Jester

We have sent them UPS/Fedex ,  this is to a small Brgy on Biliran.  After paying an outrageous $70 from the US, they call and make them pick it up at their office in Naval (The big town on Biliran)

shadow

If it is Air21, they don't call it that here on Cebu. They call themselves FEDEX and deliver out here in the province in a FEDEX truck.

Well, I am referring to what my experience in the past has been here in Negros Oriental. Anything shipped to us FEDEX has arrived through Air21. Siquijor in the past being a remote island that was part of Negros Oriental, I sincerely doubt they have FEDEX trucks there. I can see Siquijor from my bedroom window.

Edited by shadow
  • Like 2

rep1

My friend in the USA sent one to me USPS Priority mail and got it ..I was so frickin mad when he sent it that way ...maybe i was lucky

doesn't USPS use FedEx/DHL/... for international delivery? or you mean airmail?

Jack_be_nimble

Fedex will be passed off to Air21, while UPS will be passed off to LBC. Either should get it to you, or at least for pickup at your choice of branch location on Siquijor.

FedEx is now passed off to Air21 like in the old days of 4 years ago?  I thought 2GO was the in-country handler since approx 2 years ago. Good to know there are many options.

Edited by Jack_be_nimble

shadow

FedEx is now passed off to Air21 like in the old days of 4 years ago?  I thought 2GO was the in-country handler since approx 2 years ago. Good to know there are many options.

I think they will pass it off to whoever is more convenient in the given area. However, FEDEX does not operate trucks everywhere, they use other couriers in many remote areas, but you can usually count on it getting there (or close).

Jack_be_nimble

I think they will pass it off to whoever is more convenient in the given area. However, FEDEX does not operate trucks everywhere, they use other couriers in many remote areas, but you can usually count on it getting there (or close).

Thanks, Shadow, for the clarification.  I do remember some talk years ago about FedEx getting booted out, and using in-county couriers exclusively, leaving FedEx to have only distribution locations near airports and shipping docks. So, I guess that never really happened, not completely, anyway.  Or, my mind is fuzzy this morning.

• Like 1

liquido

doesn't USPS use FedEx/DHL/... for international delivery? or you mean airmail?

Really not sure about that ..It was a few years back..When he told he used USPS cause it was cheaper  I thought it would be a hail mary getting it..When I actually got it i had to apologize to him plus it was less than 2 weeks..

senseless

For those of you who get screwed by fedex being charged taxes on the cost of shipment.... I switched to DHL because DHL does not make you pay tax on the cost of the postage. This is probably some internal scam that allows a senior at fedex/air21 to collect some plus plus.

I went once and personally processed the clearance for a server valued at 85,000P. I knew they would try to screw me and I knew what the rules were. I processed myself and only paid the 12% vat (no added duties as they were trying to charge me). I didn't have to pay any tax to customs for anything else than the goods (they didn't tax me for the cost of shipment - only for the value of the goods themselves). I'm pretty sure there's no 'rule' that says that customs agents need to tax the cost of shipment. Maybe I'm wrong. But, In my experience with UPS, DHL and Fedex, only Fedex made me pay taxes on the shipping cost.

As far as I know Fedex is 100% handled by Air21. They might have a fedex truck even a fedex uniform. It doesn't mean they answer to anyone from fedex. In the same way, you might walk into a mcdonalds or an ihop and see someone in a mcdonalds/ihop uniform selling mcdonalds/ihop food. It doesn't mean that employee is answerable to the US parent company. They're completely separate with different CEOs.

Also, I just sent the wife's new card over in a my-shoppingbox, box. Is it really a concern if someone steals a card that isn't even yet activated? If you don't receive it just say it was stolen get a new one and try again. Eventually one will get through. Personally, I've never had any problems with MSB and things going missing. (And I've sent some valuable stuff with them).

Edited by senseless