Sign in to follow this  
Lee

Social Security increase, NOT !

Lee

I got my SS statement a few days ago, basically the measly increase we will get next month will be eaten up by the increase in Medicare cost, thus here we go again, yet another year with no increase in our SS income. :(

• Like 1

cebubird

LOL

Soarking

post-16607-0-97682500-1483108664_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Jester

Why do they keep giving increases, I have not spent what they gave me last year!    

• Like 1

Paul

I got my SS statement a few days ago, basically the measly increase we will get next month will be eaten up by the increase in Medicare cost, thus here we go again, yet another year with no increase in our SS income. :(

How much is it, anyway?

And, what happened with the one time deal they were going to offer you guys?

Lee

How much is it, anyway?

And, what happened with the one time deal they were going to offer you guys?

My medicare went up for $105 after they rounded up, now went up to $108, the increase on SS was .03%, so depending on how much a person was getting in SS, it will be around a wash for me after SS rounded the increase down, I guess I should not have retired at 55 :( that took away some earning years that would have increased my monthly but I am not sorry I got to enjoy those years instead of working. 

• Like 5

cebubird

I signed up for one of those HMO deals that refund your part b premium.

Yeah, that was something seeing that staement and then the part b taking what little it was.

RogerDuMond

the measly increase we will get next month will be eaten up by the increase in Medicare cost

Move to the Philippines then you won't have to pay Medicare.

Why do they keep giving increases, I have not spent what they gave me last year!

You do know that you can give money back to the government if you have too much. You aren't required to keep any money the give you.

• Like 3

RogerDat

If U B a military retire, U must pay part B to keep champus.

Semper paratus

My medicare went up for $105 after they rounded up, now went up to $108, the increase on SS was .03%, so depending on how much a person was getting in SS, it will be around a wash for me after SS rounded the increase down, I guess I should not have retired at 55 :( that took away some earning years that would have increased my monthly but I am not sorry I got to enjoy those years instead of working. 

The increase will only be X .003, as in 3/10 of one percent.

Soarking

The increase will only be X .003, as in 3/10 of one percent.

WOW They are so generous. I can't wait to see how much that increases my SS Check. I'm going to go pick out my new SUV with all the options.

• Like 1

Semper paratus

WOW They are so generous. I can't wait to see how much that increases my SS Check. I'm going to go pick out my new SUV with all the options.

Yep, most increases will be somewhere between $1.50 and $9.00. Try not to spend it all in one place.

• Like 1

Soarking

Yep, most increases will be somewhere between $1.50 and $9.00. Try not to spend it all in one place.

WAIT, That's only between P 75.00and P 400.00. That won't even touch a used multi-cab or even a used trike. I'm screwed till next year.

Salty Dog
Hell I've only had Medicare for less than a month and it's already gone up to $126, exactly the full amount of my increase...

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1

Dafey

WAIT, That's only between P 75.00and P 400.00. That won't even touch a used multi-cab or even a used trike. I'm screwed till next year.

You're probably screwed next year too....DOH!!! I ruined a whole year of hope!

Hell I've only had Medicare for less than a month and it's already gone up to $126, exactly the full amount of my increase...

You got a $126 increase in SS?