At SM Seaside, restaurant suggestions?

Enuff

We really really enjoyed RACKS  bbq ribs both pork and beef.    Tender fall off the bone variety.    Nice  sauces as well.  spicy hot and regular.   The place is pleasantly affordable..but not Cheapie Cheap.     I had enjoyed RACKs years before in Manila.  this branch seems to be more upmarket.. ie no 99 peso  lunch plates.  etc.    Worth.  Also  they actually served brewed Ice tea..not the fake nestea mix.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enuff

• ron100

• Headshot

• ckfm

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tuna tacos were amazing   Pizza extremely thin and delicious   wings were a hit       Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

look for vikings to close shortly after my visit!   Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Vikings Cebu BranchADULT RATE: Adult Weekday Lunch: 688 (+5% service charge) Adult Weekday Dinner: 888 (+5% service charge) Adult Weekends/Holiday Lunch & Dinner: 888 (+5% service charge) KIDS R

The wife and I and happen to like chicken and rice sometimes when eating out in the Philippines and we think http://www.manginasal.com/menu/has some of the best chicken and at reasonable prices, they have one on the main floor at seaside.

• Like 1
cvgtpc1

it's horrible but tends to open up after sm. going into city is a pot luck.

we have used uber and taxi and both were running waze. took us out in the boonies of Consolacion to talamban rd.

took only 30 mins and zero traffic.

I would suggest waze to all

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Waze does the same here...at times will take you on a route that makes you think it's lost then you'll suddenly pop out where you wanted to be lol

There was a grid lock today from SM Mabolo to SM seaside. You managed to get there before that, it's just timing. I was ready to kill somebody, lol, joking, haha.

• Like 1

I always like Majestic chinese restautant at SM Seaside and Ayala. The wife likes Vikings (buffet) at SM Cebu (if it's your birthday, you are free I believe), but I haven't tried Vikings yet.

Edited by MikeC
  • Like 1
Goetz1965

You get always very delicious and cheap meals in Kuja-J Restaurants - same quality and look as in the Lanthaw (looks like a copy) but aout 20% cheaper.

I was also to the Krua-Thai Restaurant in SM City last (think they have one in seaside too) -I can recommend the fish filet in black pepper sauce at 320php - size is for a foreigner and taste is excellent.

Max Restaurant also is good if you like a good grilled (not fried) chicken - comes near to the grilled ones I know from germany. Proces is a bit higher that the usual chicken restaurants - but its ok.

I cant recommend Choobi-Choobi !
I was in 3 different branches and everytime I was disappointed - the look is like a eatery (and thats the only positive thing I can say) - food always is too cold or too fried - in the mabolo branch it has moskitos even indoor - and proce is way too high for what you get!

A very nice one is Harbour City - you choose from the car t that goes around what you like - its more like small appetizers but price is about 60-70php each.
As most of them are very tasty you easily end up spending more by eating more - but especially for philippinos its a good thing as they can choose what they like and taste different things - no risk that a expensive meal has to be "take out" because they dont like the taste.

Foodcourt is always an adventure but most meals there are tasty - just do it !

• Like 2
Headshot

I was also to the Krua-Thai Restaurant in SM City last (think they have one in seaside too) -I can recommend the fish filet in black pepper sauce at 320php - size is for a foreigner and taste is excellent.

I like their tasty Chicken with Panang Curry over rice (you have to order the rice separate, but it's good to soak up the curry). Their fresh spring rolls are also very good (but I always ask for the sweet peanut sauce rather than the hot green sauce that normally come with them).

liquido

I like their tasty Chicken with Panang Curry over rice (you have to order the rice separate, but it's good to soak up the curry). Their fresh spring rolls are also very good (but I always ask for the sweet peanut sauce rather than the hot green sauce that normally come with them).

I do not recommend the Pad Thai....One of my favorites when going to Thailand..

Goetz1965

In Krua Thai only the scent is awfull - why do they have to scent that restaurant like its a cr ... :(

Headshot

In Krua Thai only the scent is awfull - why do they have to scent that restaurant like its a cr ... :(

I guess your nose is more sensitive than mine. I have never noticed any bad scent in the Royal Krua Thai Restaurant in SM City Mall.

• Like 2
Boss Ross

I always like Majestic chinese restautant at SM Seaside and Ayala. The wife likes Vikings (buffet) at SM Cebu (if it's your birthday, you are free I believe), but I haven't tried Vikings yet.

Yes, birthday person is free at Viking. We thought it was Awesome, food and service. A very  good variety of food. I will need to go there at least 3 times to try everything. They even have pizza. Looking forward to trying that, hope it is good.

• Like 2

yes vikings is good ,go 3 times to try every thing?? ,i think it might be more than that though, as there is a lot a different stuff to try ,with about 6/8 different roast meats ,and oysters, only at the weekend  with free flow beer ,and saki is a must ,and a great selection of fruit shakes about 990 pso evenings and weekends

i have to get my seniors card, as they give 20% discount which then makes real good value

Edited by ron100

yes vikings is good ,go 3 times to try every thing?? ,i think it might be more than that though, as there is a lot a different stuff to try ,with about 6/8 different roast meats ,and oysters, only at the weekend with free flow beer ,and saki is a must ,and a great selection of fruit shakes about 990 pso evenings and weekends

free beer for p990??

yes last time i went u get free flow beer and saki included in the price,actually its 888 plus 5% for evenings and weekends and 688 plus 5% for weekdays lunch

Edited by ron100
  • Like 2

look for vikings to close shortly after my visit!

• Like 5