Catholic Country vs young unmarried girls with children

I think, POVERTY and IGNORANCE is the reason why there are lots of young unmarried girls with children.

As a Filipina, I am sorry for these girls. I believe they do not want that. If only the Philippine government can give more stress in educating the rural areas and giving free education to the indigent children then this young girls will not be a victim of expoitation. :lol:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Jess Bartone

• senseless

• daejang

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess I do not understand Filipino culture. I would think that a country with such a strong religion would inhibit so many young girls from getting pregnant from guys who simply take off and pay no

I thought this was covered in biology 101. Failure to use birth control does not get you pregnant, sexual intercourse does. The Church teaches that you should not have sex outside of marriage or use b

Paul

There is a very simple answer to why the young girls end up pregnant here. It's the same here as anywhere else in the world. The difference between here and many other places, in the west anyway, is the boys aren't held accountable.

That reason is, the girls believe the line of shit the young guys tell them, when they say, "If you get pregnant, I will stay with you." It's all 100% pure bullshit. Most of the time, the guy finds out the girl is pregnant, and leaves her.

Here in the Philippines, as I said, the guys aren't held accountable. In the US, for example, they would make him go to work to support the child. If he didn't, they would not allow him to renew his driver's license. Then, if he continued not to pay, they would garnish his wages. Here, the guy just moves on to his next girlfriend, totally unaccountable, to tell her lies in order to get into her pants.

overthere-really
I think, POVERTY and IGNORANCE is the reason why there are lots of young unmarried girls with children.

As a Filipina, I am sorry for these girls. I believe they do not want that. If only the Philippine government can give more stress in educating the rural areas and giving free education to the indigent children then this young girls will not be a victim of expoitation. :lol:

Poverty and ignorance aren't the main reasons for these pregnancies. As a comparison, most teenagers in the US have been getting sex education at school under one name or another for more than 35 years. Yet even with the availability of birth control of every type here, the pregnancy rate for 15 to 19 year olds got up to almost 12% by the early 90's. It's dropped since then to about 7% but it's still one of the highest in the industrialised world and rising again. I would have thought lack of education/ignorance would top the list too but no, the studies don't bear that out.

I think it's about society's rules and how they are enforced. If young people don't have enough support, guidance and discipline, it's awfully hard to behave differently than how their God given hormones tell them to. In the Philippines, society's rules are pretty strict and I don't disagree with them. I feel sorry for these young women too, I just feel that the responsibility should fall towards the young men too. It was a lot closer to being fair about that in your grandparents day.

Young girls don't make babies, young men and woman do. I don't see how you think these young woman are being exploited. Unless somebody was forced then they both have to share responsibility equally. To have a victim you have to have a perpatrator and that's just not the reality. People do what people do.

I think the Philippines (and every country) should be proactive in how they want to deal with the influences of the cultures they import. It would make the inevitible changes far less painful for everybody. I say take the best and leave the rest. A stronger stick and a sweeter carrot would make for far fewer unwanted pregnancies. Either that or make contraception easily available and accept new rules of sexual behavior. I guess the up side of the present situation is, if you are going to be born an ilegitimite child, it's good to be born into a culture that loves it's children.

From the few experiences I have had, it is not even a matter of the church failing to educate, they are telling straight up lies. I remember my first experience when I had to meet with a nun from the church before our wedding and she insisted that the guy pulling out would cause the woman to get cancer. When questioned on it, she was not even able to give any type of valid excuse for stating such a blatant and unfounded lie.

The concept is a simple one.... MONEY...

Catholics are required to raise Catholic children. More Catholic children means more people giving the church 10% of their meager incomes. The priest takes the largest chunk so he can have his own multi-million pesos car and a personal driver as if he were the pope. The rest of the money collected is then sent to the Vatican where more goblets made of solid gold can be fashioned and so that more 8 year old Brazilian children can be excommunicated for being raped by their parents, impregnated and then forced to abort the pregnancy.

And although they insist that the Philippines is a Catholic country, I would doubt that very much. Number one reason is that they are allowed to continue worshiping false idols even though doctrine is firmly against it. In most cases, Filipinos including the priests differ from doctrine by such a large amount that one can only assume that the Philippine Catholic Church is in itself its own faith completely separated from that of the Roman or even Spanish Catholic Churches.

So much in fact, that President even tried to tempt the Pope by building a multi-million dollar residence:

The Tahanang Pilipino (Filipino Home), better known as "the Coconut Palace", is a palace in Manila, Philippines, commissioned by former First Lady Imelda Marcos for Pope John Paul II's visit in 1981. However, the pope declined the offer, saying that it was too ostentatious a place to stay while in the poverty-stricken Philippines. The Palace's architect Francisco Manosa, later claimed that the Coconut Palace - a showpiece on the versatility of the coconut and its viability as an export - was planned long before the Pope even decided to visit the country.

I wonder how many children died of easily curable diseases because the money was spent building a palace made of coconut shells rather then being spent on basic necessities the poverty stricken people need to stay alive and continue donating large chunks of their income to their faith?

-Nick

overthere-really
From the few experiences I have had, it is not even a matter of the church failing to educate, they are telling straight up lies. I remember my first experience when I had to meet with a nun from the church before our wedding and she insisted that the guy pulling out would cause the woman to get cancer. When questioned on it, she was not even able to give any type of valid excuse for stating such a blatant and unfounded lie.

The concept is a simple one.... MONEY...

Catholics are required to raise Catholic children. More Catholic children means more people giving the church 10% of their meager incomes. The priest takes the largest chunk so he can have his own multi-million pesos car and a personal driver as if he were the pope. The rest of the money collected is then sent to the Vatican where more goblets made of solid gold can be fashioned and so that more 8 year old Brazilian children can be excommunicated for being raped by their parents, impregnated and then forced to abort the pregnancy.

And although they insist that the Philippines is a Catholic country, I would doubt that very much. Number one reason is that they are allowed to continue worshiping false idols even though doctrine is firmly against it. In most cases, Filipinos including the priests differ from doctrine by such a large amount that one can only assume that the Philippine Catholic Church is in itself its own faith completely separated from that of the Roman or even Spanish Catholic Churches.

So much in fact, that President even tried to tempt the Pope by building a multi-million dollar residence:

"The Tahanang Pilipino (Filipino Home), better known as "the Coconut Palace", is a palace in Manila, Philippines, commissioned by former First Lady Imelda Marcos for Pope John Paul II's visit in 1981. However, the pope declined the offer, saying that it was too ostentatious a place to stay while in the poverty-stricken Philippines. The Palace's architect Francisco Manosa, later claimed that the Coconut Palace - a showpiece on the versatility of the coconut and its viability as an export - was planned long before the Pope even decided to visit the country."

I wonder how many children died of easily curable diseases because the money was spent building a palace made of coconut shells rather then being spent on basic necessities the poverty stricken people need to stay alive and continue donating large chunks of their income to their faith?

-Nick

Looks like it's drifting towards religion again.

Can you imagine losing face by being dissed by the Pope??? :lol: I'll bet she wished her father pulled out so she wouldn't have been born. :):D :D

JamesMusslewhite

In a country were it gets dark at 6:00pm and has nothing for the youth to do. In a culture were they had the age of a girl to be 13, and were mature promiscuous men desire these young ladies. With most people living in squatter conditions and unable to even pay taxes. Were country and church are only preoccupied with building palaces and grand temples, and not feeding and educating the population. The church keeps it's money, politicians grab theirs, and the people have little monies to pay the government, so they can not even begin to supply the needs of the people. This leads to a misguided uneducated under-stimulated poor population with nothing to do in the dark. You wonder why they have babies?

Cipro
Religion is not allowed as a topic of discussion on this forum. Please refrain from continuing this line of discussion or the mods will close this thread. Religion just gets too volatile, isn't that odd?

Ya, some people really go into a Crusade when religion comes up. *SNICKER*

mattwilkie

Can we solve the rest of the worlds problems while we are at it ?

Truth is there is a big mixture of reasons for so many kids not all of it can be blamed on the government because culturally the male is supposed to be the more dominant in the relationship so wearing a condom etc. the final word comes down to the partner. Big question is why arent the guys made accountable as this would make them think twice. Abortion is banned and heavily backed by anti-abortion organisations from the U.S. operating in the Philippines offering huge financial insentives to Philippines government bodies and a lot of the low budget operations dealing with sexual education have had financial budgets cut. Interference by the West is a lot to blame for most of the worlds problems because it creates environments that cant move forward. History shows that bloody civil wars eventually end with a single stronger body taking power and a country develops. Look at the French revolution, U.S. independance or the war against the royals in the UK. We dont allow this to happen in many countries anymore which leaves the countries in a solid state of poverty. The middle east wars are a mix of creating Israel and western contractors in there for oil. Africas problems are civil war but we keep throwing money into aid programs that are more of a fuel to war than any assistance. Its a joke... About time we just closed our borders and let each country deal with its own problems eventually it will go one way or another but at least it would no longer sit in the middle which I think long-term costs more lives..

• 2 weeks later...
matt-sing
In a country were it gets dark at 6:00pm and has nothing for the youth to do. In a culture were they had the age of a girl to be 13, and were mature promiscuous men desire these young ladies. With most people living in squatter conditions and unable to even pay taxes. Were country and church are only preoccupied with building palaces and grand temples, and not feeding and educating the population. The church keeps it's money, politicians grab theirs, and the people have little monies to pay the government, so they can not even begin to supply the needs of the people. This leads to a misguided uneducated under-stimulated poor population with nothing to do in the dark. You wonder why they have babies?

I am a Filipina and most of the things you mentioned above were true. More than lack of education... younger generation Filipinos have lost moral values... I have been into the dark with someone and we didn't do it so I didn't get pregnant and didn't have an unwanted baby. But I was not them and they weren't me. I think they need to think more of that CAUSE-EFFECT RELATIONSHIP taught in school. They need to learn from their own lives, from the lives of other people who had been in that situation. They need to reflect. They need to strive hard. They need to have dreams and they need to work on them.

Unfortunately, their parents must have never taught them how to dream too... their parents must not have modeled how it is to be a person of character and values.. how is it to be a person who lives a dignified life... I think we can't put all the blame into these young kids..maybe they weren't just fortunate enough to have good parents.

• 2 weeks later...
RedRanger

It's also part blame of the medical society in PI.

I had my gf get on depo shot(3 month BC via a shot) in PI, So when I visited I didn't have to use condoms.

She was told my two doctors in PI that Depo Shots can lead to her being sterile.

It's also part blame of the medical society in PI.

I had my gf get on depo shot(3 month BC via a shot) in PI, So when I visited I didn't have to use condoms.

She was told my two doctors in PI that Depo Shots can lead to her being sterile.

Same thing happened to me.

Took a Filipina to a gynecologist to be put on the pill and the doctor told her that

the pill would make her sterile.

Athena

Personally, I feel it is a combination of many things but mainly because of the Filipinos general attitude to life. Majority of Filipinos never learned self control, never learn self discipline and never learn to think far ahead. And because majority of Filipinos are catholics

Back in the 80's and maybe even today the vatican bank was or could still be one of the biggest shareholders in durex and before this post is deleted by certain holy joe moderators, that is a statement of fact! On the other hand one would have thougth the church would have condoned the use of conterseptives to increase the share price....go figure.

Edited by Irishguy
  • 3 weeks later...
Jess Bartone
Religion is not allowed as a topic of discussion on this forum. Please refrain from continuing this line of discussion or the mods will close this thread. Religion just gets too volatile, isn't that odd?

I agree wholeheartedly Bob, but judging by the subsequent vitriolic comments, the rule is not enforced. Does this mean I am allowed to take the attacking posters to task?

As for the pregnancy "problem", the only valid answer is to make the boys take a shared responsibility. Seems it's pretty hard to hide in Phils, just look at the mountain of paperwork, police clearances, and ID validitions they go through just to get a job. Soon enough, fingers would start pointing at boys too, and it's just possible the escalating number of single mothers would come back to a more acceptable level.

Sex is good, that's part of being human. Even a man on his death bed will momentarily forget he is sick when a sexy young nurse with an exposed cleavage bends over to straighten his bed. Before the advent of civilisation and medicine, we humans bred like rabbits, and natural selection took care of the numbers. With civilisation came responsibility and marriage.

I can see no reason why that should change.

Forefall

The problem is, the intelligent people are breeding less and less and the uneducated ones are breeding more. This is a worldwide problem. Watch the movie Idiocracy for a nice look at that problem, haha :blink: