Shipping a used Honda generator

Manila Forwarder is the best I've found and I use them regularly. You would have to ship to their warehouse in CA. They have a site where you can enter the shipment dimensions to get a price from CA to Central Visayas. I have shipped a lot of stuff that is used, personal use for my household and have never had a charge other than freight. On the other hand I have shipped several large expensive items that are much cheaper in the USA and it almost always is about a wash. Shipping vs buying in PH. Check out Lazada PH and OLX PH. Sorry I can't be more help but now you know more than me.

• Like 2
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• PhilsFan

• Woolf

• Jester

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would check with another BB shipper. 

Yup!       http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2016/01/20/1544410/value-tax-exempt-balikbayan-goods-raised-p150000

I have had no issues with LBC and they are most places.   Sort of a loose network of agents.  We call and a little old lady shows up and takes the box and puts it in her garage,  a truck shows up and

Posted Images

PhilsFan

Manila Forwarder is the best I've found and I use them regularly. You would have to ship to their warehouse in CA. They have a site where you can enter the shipment dimensions to get a price from CA to Central Visayas. I have shipped a lot of stuff that is used, personal use for my household and have never had a charge other than freight. On the other hand I have shipped several large expensive items that are much cheaper in the USA and it almost always is about a wash. Shipping vs buying in PH. Check out Lazada PH and OLX PH. Sorry I can't be more help but now you know more than me.

Was looking at them earlier tonight. No offices in Minnesota. So I find boxes? and pack everything, then ship to them.. seems like it would be more expensive, not less. don't most shipping companies use a standard size box and where to get them?

Thalcoozyo

Aren't honda generators available to purchase in the Phils?  Just buy it locally. Or have I missed something?

TheWhiteKnight

http://www.umaccargo.net/branches.html

I used them often.. shipping computers, servers, computer parts, all sorts of gadgets, small appliances... 4 to 6 weeks... door to door... never paid a cent more than their published prices... :)

NB https://my-shoppingbox.com/client/#/is another way to ship things... delivered to your home... airfreight relatively expensive but good to send small computer parts, cell phones, etc. I have not tried their ocean freight, however...

UMAC is the best, pinoy comes to house, picks up , puts in garage eventually gets shipped over here, perfect never opened. 40 days from the west coast. Leaves replacement boxes for future shipments.

BB box newbie here.

I called Forex as they have an office here in Minnesota metro.

The guy said I could ship my little Honda 2000 generator, but that it would cost an additional $300 (in addition to the $130 shipping rate) due to US Customs and/or Manila customs will be inspecting/scanning my box. Quoted 45-55 days to CDO, Mindanao from Minnesota. 

Google turned up Forex and Atlas as my local choices here. There's got to be a better way methinks....any BB experts here who could give some good advice?

I'm betting that generator does 110/120V 60HZ, what's the point? The power here is 230V / 60HZ. Why has no one else mentioned this?

Sell in US.

Buy locally.

Edited by TheWhiteKnight
PhilsFan

Aren't honda generators available to purchase in the Phils?  Just buy it locally. Or have I missed something?

Well the thinking was, that I already own a good generator, and replacement in Phil's is about 60K. 

TheWhiteKnight

Well the thinking was, that I already own a good generator, and replacement in Phil's is about 60K.

It' works on the different electrical standard, get rid of it.

PhilsFan

UMAC is the best, pinoy comes to house, picks up , puts in garage eventually gets shipped over here, perfect never opened. 40 days from the west coast. Leaves replacement boxes for future shipments.

I'm betting that generator does 110/120V 60HZ, what's the point? The power here is 230V / 60HZ. Why has no one else mentioned this?

Sell in US.

Buy locally.

I was going to buy a step-up-step-down transformer...about 4500p, and ship that as well.

I own lots of high quality extension cords, too.

I have scrapped the idea of shipping the generator at this point. will look into buying something locally, as has been suggested.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, really appreciate it. Not many good shipping options in the twin cities, it seems.

mods: Ok to close this thread if you wish.

I have scrapped the idea of shipping the generator at this point. will look into buying something locally, as has been suggested.

Probably your best way to go.

mods: Ok to close this thread if you wish.

Okie dokie.