Shipping a used Honda generator

Ok, so, can anyone confirm they had to prove they were Filipino to ship a BB?

I myself have received two or three dozen without the shipper meeting this requirement. does anyone think this is likely to change?

could be a new restriction starting same time as start of the 150.000 php duty free limit

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• PhilsFan

• Woolf

• Jester

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would check with another BB shipper. 

Yup!       http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2016/01/20/1544410/value-tax-exempt-balikbayan-goods-raised-p150000

I have had no issues with LBC and they are most places.   Sort of a loose network of agents.  We call and a little old lady shows up and takes the box and puts it in her garage,  a truck shows up and

Posted Images

shadow

could be a new restriction starting same time as start of the 150.000 php duty free limit

Yes, that is the way I read it. But, how many Philippine "new restrictions" are normally enforced in the Philippines, and how many do you feel will be enforced half the globe away?

Only time will tell.

PhilsFan

It would be nice to know if my generator (honda 2000i)might be held hostage before I ship it if I dont declare it.

Also, anyone ever ship a pellet gun? Got a lot of lil' varmits that I don't want to kill but want them to recieve a good sting if they wander through my garage area.

Edited by PhilsFan
shadow

It would be nice to know if my generator (honda 2000i)might be held hostage before I ship it if I dont declare it.

Also, anyone ever ship a pellet gun? Got a lot of lil' varmits that I don't want to kill but want them to recieve a good sting if they wander through my garage area.

The only grounds I can see that would allow it to be held hostage are if you do not prove you are Filipino or you do not declare it.

Richard K

I have used LBC a few times.. never had an issue... no weight limit and good tracking. All my stuff arrived safe and sound. I have sent several computers and monitors. Tools and such.. Good service and fair price.. $80 per after 3.. $85 for one.

I always put that it is household goods or "religious materials"

LBC brings the boxes right to my house and comes and picks them up after I pack them.. good service

• Like 2
AussieLex

Can buy them here ... I have bought a couple in a local sari sari store for under 100 pesos, plastic crap that lasts a couple of weeks... have also bought a couple of metal ones between 1000 and 1500 pesos through a Facebook buy and sell group ... they work pretty well and accurate at about 10 metres which is all I need here for strays ...

• Like 1
shadow

Sending BB box from usa  reminds me of this post

BEWARE US CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/25352-beware-us-customs-and-border-protection/?hl=%2Blaser+%2Bprinter+%2Bbox#entry248445

The post is about checked luggage on an airline, what does that have to do with BB shipping?

PhilsFan

The only grounds I can see that would allow it to be held hostage are if you do not prove you are Filipino or you do not declare it.

Not filipino and No, didnt want to declare it per advice here. So, if they catch it...I will be paying (who knows how much?).

Or I can pay $300 or some such nonsense beforehand? 

shadow

Not filipino and No, didnt want to declare it per advice here. So, if they catch it...I will be paying (who knows how much?).

Or I can pay $300 or some such nonsense beforehand? 

I don't understand where this $300 comes in, or why you think you will be paying any amount other than the shipping fee, which should be less than $100?

• Like 1

The post is about checked luggage on an airline, what does that have to do with BB shipping?

Sorry  link pointed to the wrong post  why ??

here is the correct one http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/25352-beware-us-customs-and-border-protection/?p=248407

corrected my earlier post,  hope it works now

• Like 1
shadow

Sorry  link pointed to the wrong post  why ??

here is the correct one http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/25352-beware-us-customs-and-border-protection/?p=248407

corrected my earlier post,  hope it works now

US customs started scanning outgoing BB boxes a number of years ago. All they are looking for is guns and drugs, they care not one iota about a small generator.

• Like 1
RogerDat

Autos, and motor cycle's and parts are a no no. The BB shipper in Virginia said no gas or oil or anything that ever had fuel or oil in it because of cross  contamination (smell), so only new camping stoves.

You can buy the things here.

shadow

Autos, and motor cycle's and parts are a no no. The BB shipper in Virginia said no gas or oil or anything that ever had fuel or oil in it because of cross  contamination (smell), so only new camping stoves.

You can buy the things here.

I have had numerous auto/MC parts shipped over using LBC and Atlas. You just have to remove all the fuel and oil.

You cannot ship an entire unit, but there is no duty on parts.

Edited by shadow
blaze pontaine

Many guys have shipped over entire motorcycles in a couple jumbo balikbayan boxes - disassembled first of course.

post-3560-0-12486900-1482287281_thumb.jpg

Edited by blaze pontaine
  • Like 2