Sign in to follow this  
goggleye

Paypal in the Philippines?

Lost

If she has a Philippines account make sure she is accessing the Philippines site: https://www.paypal.com/signin?country.x=PH&locale.x=en_PH

If she has a US account make sure she is accessing the US site: https://www.paypal.com/signin?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US

If I try to access my US account from the Philippines it will get blocked and vise versa.

Edit: just saw the access denied part... if she's getting an "access denied" message for the entire site it's probably a blocked IP address or computer/browser issue. Like I said before, the phone app will probably work.

Edited by Lost
  • Like 1

goggleye

Here is what I get from time to time. Just now in fact. All I have to do is restart my Smartbro and I can usually get through. It's just an IP issue and not a problem with the account its self. 

attachicon.gifapp.jpg

thanks - she will try it    appreciate the help guys  

goggleye

Have her try from a different computer.

See Tullieoz's post above.

thanks   I want to get her visa started soon  I will be in touch  

Edited by Headshot
Removed duplicate quotes
  • Like 1

Pman

Because you hadn't used it in two years or so? We use our account regularly, I'm sure that will make a difference. Also, I assume your PP account may be US based, and you were trying to log in from the Philippines? Under those circumstances, I would hope they would try to verify the account.

I am just the opposite of Rogerdat, if a site doesn't accept Paypal or direct bank deposit, I don't buy there.

Is yours a Philippine PayPal account?

No, last time I used PayPal was to pay rent in the Philippines. I had to do the same pin text to my phone then do a second verification after that. It was a horrible hassle.after that I just started taking cash out at he bank and paying cash for my rent.

• Like 1

ckfm

My Canadian paypal acount is blocked since I tried to access it from Canada. Same happened to my Ph paypal account when I tried to access it from Germany. Paypal says they can't do anything about it, WTF?

Now I can't use neither of th ebank accounts nor CC I used in those accounts.

Funny thing is, the Ph still works when I purchase on ebay but not for other payments or withdrawals.

shadow

Is yours a Philippine PayPal account?

No, last time I used PayPal was to pay rent in the Philippines. I had to do the same pin text to my phone then do a second verification after that. It was a horrible hassle.after that I just started taking cash out at he bank and paying cash for my rent.

Yes, ours is a Philippines PP account.

• Like 1

Haxton

If she has a Philippines account make sure she is accessing the Philippines site: https://www.paypal.com/signin?country.x=PH&locale.x=en_PH

If she has a US account make sure she is accessing the US site: https://www.paypal.com/signin?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US

If I try to access my US account from the Philippines it will get blocked and vise versa.

Edit: just saw the access denied part... if she's getting an "access denied" message for the entire site it's probably a blocked IP address or computer/browser issue. Like I said before, the phone app will probably work.

Is it even blocking the access if you having a usd-pp-account, but using a vpn within the phils?

Problem with having a philipino pp-account might be that if you load it up with a usd-bank/creditcard, you might get raped with currecny-exchange-fees?

HeyMike

A few weeks ago I used my US paypal and bought some things from stores in the States. The items were delivered to my brother in New Jersey. I placed the orders from the Philippines and everything went fine, without a hitch.

• Like 1

Goetz1965

I have my old german paypal account and wasn't able (allowed) to add my philippine metrobank account to it (paypal only allows european banks added).
So I just created a 2nd paypal account with my current location and now have my metrobank account added to it. 
Paypal works fine here for me.

• Like 1

ckfm

A few weeks ago I used my US paypal and bought some things from stores in the States. The items were delivered to my brother in New Jersey. I placed the orders from the Philippines and everything went fine, without a hitch.

Make sure you don't try to access your account from another country, like on a stopover somewhere. That culd raise a flag and freeze your account. Just saying.

As I mentioned, my account still works when I buy stuff on ebay.