Sign in to follow this  
goggleye

Paypal in the Philippines?

goggleye

I sent Neng some money on Paypal to make some hotel deposits.  Normally paypal works without a hitch but she says she can't access her account from there in the Phils-it says access denied. A couple of others told her there they had a problem too.  Anyone else having a problem?

shadow

I sent Neng some money on Paypal to make some hotel deposits.  Normally paypal works without a hitch but she says she can't access her account from there in the Phils-it says access denied. A couple of others told her there they had a problem too.  Anyone else having a problem?

I just logged into ours, no problem. Paypal has been working flawlessly for us here for about 7 years now.

Pman

I just logged into ours, no problem. Paypal has been working flawlessly for us here for about 7 years now.

Except when I tried to pay you Shadow???

Did you opened it in the Philippines?

I couldn't get mine to work in the Philippines either goggleye.

shadow

Except when I tried to pay you Shadow???

Did you opened it in the Philippines?

I couldn't get mine to work in the Philippines either goggleye.

Which you must admit was probably due to your horrible internet connection...

RogerDat

for the last 2 years paypal has not worked for me. I think they are hacked. I have reported them more than 20 times for phishing scams.No matter what I have entered, they will not accept it, so i no longer use any store that insist that they be used.

• Like 2

Pman

Which you must admit was probably due to your horrible internet connection...

In part.

Actually it was because it wanted to send a pin code to my US sim card which meant I had to switch sim cards. Which then timed out the internet session.. which then wouldn't let me re-access paypal.

• Like 1

Mikal

Well I can't pay for anything online using Paypal if I have a ship to address in phils.  Different sort of problem I suppose, a Paypal policy problem.

Edited by shadow
sorry, edited wrong post
  • Like 2

shadow

In part.

Actually it was because it wanted to send a pin code to my US sim card which meant I had to switch sim cards. Which then timed out the internet session.. which then wouldn't let me re-access paypal.

Because you hadn't used it in two years or so? We use our account regularly, I'm sure that will make a difference. Also, I assume your PP account may be US based, and you were trying to log in from the Philippines? Under those circumstances, I would hope they would try to verify the account.

I am just the opposite of Rogerdat, if a site doesn't accept Paypal or direct bank deposit, I don't buy there.

Edited by shadow
  • Like 1

Lost

Just checked and mine works. PayPal does block login attempts from suspicious locations or IP addresses. If you are using a VPN or a public wifi connection -- or really any dynamic IP address in this country -- you have a chance of being blocked. Is this the same PayPal account being accessed from both your country an the Philippines? Try to download the PayPal app on a smart phone and match it to your account.

• Like 1

Enuff

Well I can't pay for anything online using Paypal if I have a ship to address in phils. Different sort of problem I suppose, a Paypal policy problem.

shocking to me but I have had a few successful transactions with my usa paypal account purchasing in and delivery to philipines. lazada, mandaue foam and 2 others I can't remember from manila.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tullioz

Here is what I get from time to time. Just now in fact. All I have to do is restart my Smartbro and I can usually get through. It's just an IP issue and not a problem with the account its self. 

post-15209-0-03468200-1482236917.jpg

• Like 1

Mikal

shocking to me but I have had a few successful transactions with my usa paypal account purchasing in and delivery to philipines. lazada, mandaue foam and 2 others I can't remember from manila.

Huh, not really surprising I suppose but I just had Paypal say no to a couple of different purchases on Lazada in the last couple of weeks.  They specifically said it was because the ship to was in phils.  Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck next time.

goggleye

she isnt  able to access her account  - says access denied - so she can't transfer the money from her paypal to her BPI account    I will have to call paypal later after I drink some coffee.

Enuff

Huh, not really surprising I suppose but I just had Paypal say no to a couple of different purchases on Lazada in the last couple of weeks. They specifically said it was because the ship to was in phils. Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck next time.

I've had more failures than successes but I keep trying.

shadow

she isnt  able to access her account  - says access denied - so she can't transfer the money from her paypal to her BPI account    I will have to call paypal later after I drink some coffee.

Have her try from a different computer.

See Tullieoz's post above.