Sign in to follow this  
Mikala

Parklane Hotel - Cebu

Mikala

I stayed at the Parklane hotel last week for 3 nights. Staff was extremely polite and pleasant. Room was decent, yet over-priced (as always) at $50 a night. Noise from the traffic outside was kind of bothersome. Shower was good though and no problem with hot water at any time of the day or night. Bed was decent, television was a tiny LCD mounted on the wall. Air conditioning worked well, but something was wrong with the remote control, so could not control it. Room came with a bathtub (non-slippery), so the wife was happy with that. Overall a better experience than Mandarin Plaza or Quest hotels.

Would I stay there again? Probably not. I prefer Golden Prince.

Note: my only reason in staying at the Parklane was its proximity to my condo building.

Edit: ate lunch at the hotel restaurant. Ordered chicken breast, while the wife ordered Bistik. Of course the chicken breast was out of stock (sir). Ended up all chicken related dishes were out of stock. Went with a Caesars Salad. Both dishes sucked. Caesars salad was pathetic.

Edited by Mikala
  • Like 3

Mattnlenny

I agree with the overpricing.  I think our room ended up being P3300 or so after all the taxes are added in.....as per the room service menu, Crispy Pata P900!

We stayed there on Saturday night.  Started out well with being given keys to a room that was already occupied when I walked into it.  The place itself is still fairly nice, the Koreans next door were having a party most of the night which put a bit of a downer on it though.

Location is pretty good though with it being only a short stroll to Ayala.

Last time I stayed there would have been around 2011/2012 and the 1st floor had a bar and live music, which has now been turned into a kids playground set up.  Its a shame as they used to have some really good bands there.

Probably won't go back.

• Like 1

rep1

Noise from the traffic outside was kind of bothersome.

No sound-proof window? When I stayed in Quest I couldn't hear anything outside.

Shower was good though and no problem with hot water at any time of the day or night.

But hot enough? Their typical heater feels like 3000w. Double is required to make you sweat.

dnl_grout

Thanks for the review...watched Parkland being built

Thanks also to Mathnlenny....they turned the bar in to a kids romper room?

:yahoo:    So much more fun there I can't go back...fear of heart failure 

Mikala

No sound-proof window? When I stayed in Quest I couldn't hear anything outside.

But hot enough? Their typical heater feels like 3000w. Double is required to make you sweat.

No sound proof windows. I had a direct view of the intersection leading to Ayala. I did not hear any traffic noise when staying at Quest (several times), but heard plenty of construction noise next door. :(

Forex

Yes I've stayed there too. I thought it was overpriced and somewhat dated.

But its interesting to hear you say Parklane was better than Mandarin as I believe Mandarin is one of the best value for money hotels in Cebu.

So where is Golden Prince? Near Ayala? I'll have to look it up.

• Like 1

Mikala

Yes I've stayed there too. I thought it was overpriced and somewhat dated.

But its interesting to hear you say Parklane was better than Mandarin as I believe Mandarin is one of the best value for money hotels in Cebu.

So where is Golden Prince? Near Ayala? I'll have to look it up.

Yes, definitely dated.

My stay at the Mandarin wasn't what I wanted. At the time, the bathtubs were new and QUITE slippery. I asked management about it and they just told me they don't consider it a problem. Not wanting to risk injury, I decided not to stay there again. There was also the problem with their wireless internet bring out of commission and "waiting for a part from Manila". In my 5 days there, it was never fixed. Manila isn't that far away!

Golden Prince is close to Red Planet. An easy walk to Ayala and they have rooms with a full sized refrigerator, microwave and such that I prefer, rather than eating at some horrible place, such as Pancake House for breakfast! :( Sure, Golden Prince is also dated, but often cheaper than Quest, Parklane or Mandarin.

• Like 1

Enuff

I enjoyed my stays at both golden prince and wellcome over Radisson blu

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

rep1

Golden Prince is close to Red Planet. An easy walk to Ayala and they have rooms with a full sized refrigerator, microwave and such that I prefer, rather than eating at some horrible place, such as Pancake House for breakfast! :( Sure, Golden Prince is also dated, but often cheaper than Quest, Parklane or Mandarin.

Take my advice and have Korean BBQ for breakfast! A few steps into Archbishop Reyes Ave, on the left, before CTBC Bank. Don't sit near the windows there are flies.

and then go to Quest for the drink. They have coffee-mixed cocktails, tasty and cheaper than Starbucks.

GwapoGuy

Doesn't the Parklane add 10% service charge to everything?

It has been a while since I was there. Do they still have the poolside bar?

bkkmarlowe

Didnt the owner of Park Lane hotel get shot and killed some years ago?

As I recall it, he was gunned down by motorcycle hit men while driving his car... does anyone remember this?

Edited by bkkmarlowe