toshi

what is the best/cheapest health insurance for expats

RogerDuMond
3 hours ago, Jawny said:

Also, Philhealth has a lot of copay for some treatments.

Philhealth pays 30% for outpatient and it doesn't cover Z benefits which are things like cancer treatments.

1 hour ago, HTM said:

Even 1500 a month for Phil health is not bad!

You must have made nine months of payments, but if you pay the full year when you take it out, it is usable immediately.

3 hours ago, Woolf said:

As far as I remember foreigner is no longer covered by wife´s philhealth

If you take out the retired expat Philhealth plan, your wife is covered on your plan.

Edited by RogerDuMond

HTM
15 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

You must have made nine months of payments, but if you pay the full year when you take it out, it is usable immediately. 

Still nice price! less then 30 USD monthly

HTM

I don't know if the new Universal Health Care bill going to make a different in Phil health for foreigner.

TequilaSunset

Bumping for any updates ya'll might have. I am starting to look at the actual costs of me living in the Phil's now. No ETA as to when it will happen since I am still taking care of family member, but I want to be prepared the best I can. 

Semper paratus
On 11/30/2018 at 8:11 PM, Cgu said:

Tells you almost everything but they change their minds as often as I change my underwear, and sometimes that's as often as once a week.

RogerDuMond
52 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

Tells you almost everything but they change their minds as often as I change my underwear, and sometimes that's as often as once a week.

I got Philhealth for Retired foreigners. It cost me 17,000 pesos for one year and two days later I had an outpatient procedure for a kidney stone and Philhealth sent me a notice saying that they paid 18,000 pesos to the hospital.

Edited by RogerDuMond
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

roderick

Does Phil Health or any other Philippine heath insurer offer cover for medical treatment needed outside the Philippines - particularly Thailand?

• Haha 1

Jawny
5 hours ago, roderick said:

Does Phil Health or any other Philippine heath insurer offer cover for medical treatment needed outside the Philippines - particularly Thailand?

Most of the info I’ve gotten regarding philhealth is that overseas coverage is limited to OFWs.

https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/overseas/

• Like 1