Lost

Is having children worth it?

Jack_be_nimble

Another option would be to play the favorite uncle. I had an aunt that I loved just as much as my own mother.

rep1

You're thinking all about yourself. How about you think of children?

Where will they be living? Denmark? Finland? Switzerland? Can they grow up without fear and worry? without seeing the ugly side of this wretched world, all the garbage, despair and insanity?

• Like 1

Skywalker

Can they grow up without fear and worry? without seeing the ugly side of this wretched world, all the garbage, despair and insanity?

They can in Detroit.

• Like 3

newtocebu

My kids are my everything.

I always wanted to have my own.

Their births were the best thing to have happened to me.

Yeah, i have had to make sacrifices ( such as leaving a very laid back lifestyle in the Philippines ), but have absolutely no regrets.

We have an excellent life in Australia, and would not change a single thing.

• Like 4

toshi

if i had no kid i could be easily retire..

but no I have them (One) I'm happy, although kids give wurry they also give joy

i don't want more but I might make a few once I'm 60-70 or so..but we see when we get there..

USMC-Retired

if i had no kid i could be easily retire.. but no I have them (One) I'm happy, although kids give wurry they also give joy

ditto except i have 2

smokey

The country and the Earth in general is already way over-populated. Why promote it ?

Personally I am 70+++ and I do not have kids and I do not regret it.

How many old farts here already have kids that they'll never likely even see graduate from high school ? Or even grade school ? Then what happens to these kids when you are dead ? There are enough "street children" now. We surely don't need any more.

I did see a guy at the mall bragging he was 72 years old and just had a baby ... for me I have done my share of diaper changing 25 years ago so I am good to go

• Like 5

Pman

Yep, kids are totally not worth it.

Just listen to any news media.

White people need to stop breeding all together.

Then Muslims and Mexicans will rule the earth.

• Like 6

RogerDuMond

If you could figure out a way to do it, the best option would be to skip children and go straight to grandchildren.

• Like 4

oztony

Roger , ....that was very funny..... :)

• Like 1

Lost

Haha, as expected these replies don't disappoint. I decided to ask this question here as this board is populated by interesting dudes -- kinda a cross-section of world views and experiences. I think this is a question most guys face in their life and many guys are reluctant fathers.

I'm ashamed to admit I'm a millennial. I'm married to a Filipina who wants kids ASAP (big surprise, I know). I'm reluctant as I want her to finish her schooling and I love our freedom to travel the world at will. Plus kids generally annoy me, but my brother is a great father and says the only kids he likes are his own.

Children seem a lot cheaper here in the Philippines (until private school), so I like the idea of having young kids here rather than the US. And maybe move back to the States when they reach school age.

If you have to ask then no.  

I'm pretty sure our species would be extinct every man followed that advice.

Skywalker

I'm reluctant as I want her to finish her schooling

Nothing like a stay at home mother with a great and expensive education right?  I just don't get that bit.

And your freedom to travel will stop for sure.  Seen it dozens of times.  Specially when they start school.

Headshot

Plus kids generally annoy me, but my brother is a great father and says the only kids he likes are his own.

That is why male lions kill all of the cubs when they take over a pride.

• Like 2