Voltage Converter Question

liquido

I will be bring back from the USA a Nutri Bullet blender  that is 110v at 600w...I have 2 small travel voltage converters 220-110 both same size with one rated at 60 watts and the other at 1600 watts..They feel like they weigh the same..Would you trust using the rated 1600w converter for when I use the blender? Its just odd that it weighs the same and is rated at 1600 watts...The 60 watt works fine for my electric toothbrush ..Both made in China..

Is the 1600 watt fused ?

if is  what rating ?

thebob

One is a linear converter, the other a switch mode. You need to know what the "inrush current" is for the appliance.

liquido

Is the 1600 watt fused ?

if is  what rating ?

No its not fused

One is a linear converter, the other a switch mode. You need to know what the "inrush current" is for the appliance.

I'm not in the USA at present so not able to check "inrush current"...  I guess I could buy the same blender(extractor) on lazada for a lot more money than what I paid in the USA..They also have look a like off brand blender(extractor) at about half the price as the "Wondermax"(same as Nutri Bullet) at lazada... 

I had one of those which you can switch from 60W to 1,600W - it overheated very fast. You can buy converters here at ACE or other hardware store, 600W is not small.

If your still in the USA bring back a 5000w unit for about $110............. never worry again!

Untitled11.png

• Like 5

I will be bring back from the USA a Nutri Bullet blender  that is 110v at 600w...I have 2 small travel voltage converters 220-110 both same size with one rated at 60 watts and the other at 1600 watts..They feel like they weigh the same..Would you trust using the rated 1600w converter for when I use the blender? Its just odd that it weighs the same and is rated at 1600 watts...The 60 watt works fine for my electric toothbrush ..Both made in China..

I would can that idea and just buy a blender wired for Philippines voltage. Voltage converters are not very efficient, and consume power from the moment they are plugged in to the mains. Over time, a heavy cost.

• Like 5

I would buy a blender here in philippines wired for 220/240

The risk that the us blender will be plugged into a 220/240 socket is very high

and then you will have to buy one here anyway

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 4

The small travel converters will not work on anything that draws more than a shaver, for me it would not even work on a Waterpik, so buy a blender in the Philippines or buy a converter in ACE in the Philippines that can handle heavy draw. IMO just buy a blender in the Philippines and if you decide to bring the blender then spray paint red the plug so you and others do not forget and plug it in directly, then poof. I brought a rechargeable drill once, even with the red tape on the plug somehow it got plugged in directly and the charger went poof. :(

liquido

Thanks guys...I will leave my blender in the USA and get one from Lazada.....

• Like 2
cvgtpc1

If your still in the USA bring back a 5000w unit for about $110............. never worry again!

attachicon.gifUntitled11.png

You're right!  I BB boxed one over.  Also sent an old coffee maker and coffee to last a couple months with it.  Was awesome having real coffee instead of 3in1 out in the province....then Yolanda fecking took it.

RogerDat

I have used my US Braun stick blender for 12 years + and so far, no one has burned it up cause i don't let anyone but wife use it.

miles-high

If you/your wife owns your house or condo, I have been told that it is easy to have 110 jacks installed by local electrician… Our condos do have both 220 and 110 wired, the warning labels ARE important, however… :)

​It seems those power adapters run cooler @110... a big deal? I guess... :D

If you/your wife owns your house or condo, I have been told that it is easy to have 110 jacks installed by local electrician… Our condos do have both 220 and 110 wired, the warning labels ARE important, however… :)

​It seems those power adapters run cooler @110... a big deal? I guess... :D

That depends what company supplies the electricity

there are 2 ways that the 220/240 is supplied to the houses here from the pole transformers

if someone wants I will find my old diagrams and post it here

• Like 1