Sign in to follow this  
Rocket

How much is the Australian aged pension when living O\S

Rocket

Hi all was just wondering how much the Australian aged pension Payment would be if living in Cebu, I have asked at my Centrelink office and they said it would be about $600 a fortnight is this correct?

• Like 1

ron100

u just get the basic amount which is about 800,think its about 798( an as long as u have lived in australia for the last 32/36 yrs ,)  a fortnight,go to the center link web, and they have a place where u can estimate it an also explains what u loose if u live over seas,

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/age-pension.

Edited by ron100

Rocket

Thank's for the info and the link, $798 is a lot better than what they told me.

reddingo

I now get A$820.60 a fortnight after they cut my supplement to just the basic amount which they do after you have been overseas for more then 6 weeks. If you go back to Oz they give you the full amount which is about A$53 more then cut it again if you go overseas again for more then 6 weeks. I don't know if they have already passed the law where you only get this amount if you have lived in Oz for at least 35 years but as I have it won't affect me. Hope this helps.

• Like 3

Gus

They insisted I moved to monthly from fortnightly, and also offered to pay direct into a Philippines bank account if I supplied the information.

Happy to go monthly, but declined the direct pay option.

Actually it's 13 x 4 weekly payments a year.

Not really monthly.

Back in Oz for a short visit

and 4 weekly payments gone from $1639.99 to

$1754.20

Just an aside .. I went into Centerlink office 2 days after arriving back from a 4 year absence, to update some details, and International had already been into my file and updated it.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gus

Hi all was just wondering how much the Australian aged pension Payment would be if living in Cebu, I have asked at my Centrelink office and they said it would be about $600 a fortnight is this correct?

Just thinking about that ..

Are u on the full single pension, if you are on married , or subject to assets testing you may get less .

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Art

$410.30 a week or as reddingo says $820.60 a fortnight for a single guy.  This is the full amount you get after being overseas for more than 6 weeks.  

Outside Australia pension rates and thresholds are re-assessed in January, March, July and September each year.  Things change 4 times a year got to love the bludgers. 

If you marry overseas you get less, you get the one partner share unless your wife is in Australia and then she may be subject to other rules. 

• Like 2

Skywalker

It's not a lot.

It's disgraceful that they reduce it when you're abroad. It's not a benefit, it's what you paid in.

UK pensioners fair even worse in Thailand, the pension gets frozen. But I think UK pensions are just paid normally here?

• Like 1

ellenbrook2001

AUSTRALIAN pension if you have working for 35 years over 65 and have the assets test you will get the full pension .now moving to the PHILIPPINES you will get a little less but no concession card thanks to the bitch GILLARD .your medicare only work in AUSTRALIA every time you go there .

did apply for the Age  pension 7 years ago and get most of it i get pay every month to my ANZ bank account  $ 1641 exactly he increase by 2% every 6 months .

but not enough for me to live on , lucky have a super so i am fine .

hope will help .

bargeman

It's not a lot.

It's disgraceful that they reduce it when you're abroad. It's not a benefit, it's what you paid in.

UK pensioners fair even worse in Thailand, the pension gets frozen. But I think UK pensions are just paid normally here?

UK pensions are in fact paid in full for those of us living in the Phils.

We also get any increases awarded as they are not frozen.

However, its a pittance compared to what we paid in over our working lives and the interest that it should have accrued.

KennyF

I live permanently in RP and I get 817.50 per fortnight direct into my ANZ account.

Keep in mind that you MUST be a resident of Australia and be in residence for 2 years before or 2 years after claiming the OA pension for it to be portable.

Once it is portable you get the whole $817.50 regardless of where in the world you live.

During the 2 years before or after you can leave Oz for (was 13 weeks) a few weeks.

Those weeks are counted in the 2 years but your pension stops while you are gone.

Immigration and Centerlink computers are linked.

Centerlink knows when you enter or leave Oz in real time.

KonC

• Like 1

Rocket

Thank you all for your response to my question.

Gus , I'm currently 64 and planning on retiring in the Philippines my wife is a Filipina but is a fair bit younger than I.

If I am paid around $800 per fortnight that would be OK for us to live on there.

Skywalker

If I am paid around $800 per fortnight that would be OK for us to live on there.

That's a huge question, but a significant part of any expenditure is rent, if you already have a place to live that's paid for, you will live quite easily on your pension subject to other spending habits.

Rocket

Hi Skywalker,

Yes we will buy a house on Mactan so the pension will be for normal living expenses.

Skywalker

Yes we will buy a house on Mactan so the pension will be for normal living expenses.

If you intend to spend almost all of your time on Mactan, that's probably useful, otherwise you might spend a lot of time on the bridges.  

I don't know your situation, but if you've never lived here, you might want to start by renting.  Buying here tends to be a long term commitment, since selling can take years.

• Like 3