American murdered in So Leyte

Kabisay-an gid

A Filipino local in Maasin alleged on Facebook that the alleged killer was mentally ill, and police were in the process of filing charges. No name given for the alleged perpetrator.

• Like 1
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darrener

• Enuff

• Irenicus

• RogerDuMond

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An American was stabbed to death in Southern Leyte last Thursday or Friday, apparently all over the ill treatment of a dog by a local, From what I hear the police wanted him in the ground as soon as

It was a link to this link.   Ugh......

Yes that's correct, there are never any murders of foreigners and nobody dies here - ever.

my first comment and post was deleted by our fine and well adjusted moderators............... so I will try again

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10210879637724922&set=gm.1096122600504271&type=3

Do you guys get it now.......?

So many know all........ and they know  f..k all

You, obviously, never learn. Personal attacks seem to be your favorite past time. Stop making them. 

so the fact that I knew the guy and spoke to his widow means nothing in your oh so perfect rose tinted eyes......?????

I believed 100% the FIRST HAND info that you provided me in your first post...

It may have been a rough sketch with  missing details but thanks for the heads up about this poor fella whom you knew,albeit briefly that was murdered in your area... Tragic news indeed..

I will treat any local press reports and "news" links with extreme cynicism and will await your update if and when it appears. 

Thanks again.

Edited by fred42
Irenicus

my first comment and post was deleted by our fine and well adjusted moderators............... so I will try again https://www.facebook...00504271&type=3Do you guys get it now.......?

We got it and thanks for posting the link.  Terrible incident.

The police here seem to take their time alerting the media of these things, especially when it involves murders.  Same thing happened when Ted Blaszack was murdered on Negros Oriental.

Still nothing in the news... stay Third World, Philippines.

The reason is they don't want to alarm the tourists 

If they reported all the kidnappings, local murders and robberies tourists would not believe this is paradise 

• Like 1

Just found this on the Internet ?

His widow is raising money claims she is broke the only postings of his death seem to be on her Facebook Account ?? 

https://www.youcaring.com/suzanne-m-blaszak-595749

This is not the same person. There is a thread about this case here someplace.

Edited by Lost

The reason is they don't want to alarm the tourists 

If they reported all the kidnappings, local murders and robberies tourists would not believe this is paradise 

I'm more cynical than that.

I believe that the police just do what is easiest for themselves.

Blame it on natural causes or suicide, and hope that the "problem" goes away.

Also, they might be labeled a "traitor", if they get involved in a local vs foreigner situation.

• Like 1
Kabisay-an gid

where in southern leyte did this happen 

Maasin City

liquido

paradise

Certainly not a "paradise" here...

Just found this on the Internet ?

His widow is raising money claims she is broke the only postings of his death seem to be on her Facebook Account ?? 

https://www.youcaring.com/suzanne-m-blaszak-595749

I guess I should look here more often. Sorry to hear about Ted... I met him once last January. He was a very nice guy trying to get by with a handicapped wife and very limited income. RIP

• Like 1

:rip: sorry to hear of yet another expat being murdered. :(

Even when I am angry at a local, I always leave with a smile and/or handshake, excuse that I am stressed and hope he accepts my apology etc.

I can always make other plans later, lol.

Never leave with a grudge.

Edited by ckfm
  • Like 2