• Commercial Banner Advertisers

baby43

visa to tour Australia

Ozepete

Geeeez  things sure have changed.

When I was a kid they were busy trying to entice people to migrate to Oz. There was advertising campaigns overseas and what a deal, only 10 pounds was required and the Oz gov paid the rest, but guess what! 

We ended up with shit loads of winging Poms!

At least the Dagoes could lay concrete, the Greeks could play the bouzouki, the Scots wore skirts and the Irish, well they were bloody good entertainment value!  :yahoo:

Now we keep our navy busy shooing the invaders away! :ROFLMAO:

Edited by Ozepete
  • Like 1

cookie47

Gee the archives are interesting
OZEPETE

One has to be careful that something said doesn't come back to bite you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

cookie47

pom (plural poms)

(Australia, South Africa, New Zealand,sometimes pejorative) An Englishman, a Briton; a person of British descent.1987, Linda Christmas, The Ribbon and the Ragged Square: An Australian Journey, page 27,I could see more than mere humour in car stickers that read ‘Grow your own Dope: Plant a Pom’ ... ‘Keep Australia Beautiful: Shoot a Pom’.1989, Tony Wheeler, Australia: A Travel Survival Kit, Lonely Planet, page 10,The prize for being Australia′s original pom goes to the enterprising pirate William Dampier, who made the first investigations ashore about 40 years after Tasman and nearly 100 years before Cook.2008, Lawrence Booth, Cricket, Lovely Cricket?, page 214,At one stage a group called British People Against Racial Discrimination complained to the Advertising Standards Board in Australia about an advert for Tooheys beer that claimed it was ‘cold enough to scare a Pom’.

Usage notesEdit

The use of this word to refer to a British person is considered by some to be pejorative or offensive.

I rest my case....

oztony
On 6/5/2018 at 2:16 PM, cookie47 said:

Gee the archives are interesting
OZEPETE

One has to be careful that something said doesn't come back to bite you.

This topic that you are quoting is nearly 2 years old .....if you want to dig around and have a look at a bygone era ...fair enough....but please do not confront members over stuff that is history , it serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever .....if you find something and feel you have something beneficial to add to it with the best interests of the forum in mind ..so be it.. but this is unnecessary.

cookie47
This topic that you are quoting is nearly 2 years old .....if you want to dig around and have a look at a bygone era ...fair enough....but please do not confront members over stuff that is history , it serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever .....if you find something and feel you have something beneficial to add to it with the best interests of the forum in mind ..so be it.. but this is unnecessary.
@oztony,
I was looking in the archives because i asked a question and was told to "check the Archives"It was about a very important subject," Healthcare."which in fact apart from one member i haven't got an answer. However as the archives are quite difficult to navigate on a phone i ended up accidentally or otherwise with the said post. I wasn't rooting around in the archives to start trouble. I just found a subject that over many many years can get under your skin.

So, in regard to" your request" i will now shut up (with no hard feelings) and say nothing unless I'm asked a question.
As i said in an apology to Richard K. Forums are not the same as talking face to face. Body language, eye contact, voice tones, etc are all lost when typing from a keyboard.I will now probably be seen as a trouble maker which unfortunately is sooo far from the truth, "if" we or others ever have the opportunity to have a coffee,

but ill just wear it for now.

David.

• Like 1

cookie47
@oztony,
I was looking in the archives because i asked a question and was told to "check the Archives"It was about a very important subject," Healthcare."which in fact apart from one member i haven't got an answer. However as the archives are quite difficult to navigate on a phone i ended up accidentally or otherwise with the said post. I wasn't rooting around in the archives to start trouble. I just found a subject that over many many years can get under your skin.

So, in regard to" your request" i will now shut up (with no hard feelings) and say nothing unless I'm asked a question.
As i said in an apology to Richard K. Forums are not the same as talking face to face. Body language, eye contact, voice tones, etc are all lost when typing from a keyboard.I will now probably be seen as a trouble maker which unfortunately is sooo far from the truth, "if" we or others ever have the opportunity to have a coffee,

but ill just wear it for now.

David.

I forgot to add A Ozepete to the apology as he was the party involved.

Ozepete
39 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

I forgot to add A Ozepete to the apology as he was the party involved.

All good mate, no apology needed cos everyone knows I'm a prick! 😉

Just don't take things so seriously, the original post was all done in jest, except the bit about ... nar it was all in jest. 

Cheers mate and enjoy the Phils. 

• Like 2

cookie47

Yeh Mate,
Very sorry....
I think its just I'm at the end of my tether.
Unexpected decision to commit to the Philippines having visited for so many years.

Sell everything we own apart from 8 Balakbayan boxes.

Buy new house.

2 months in Singapore at my nieces, with a 12 month old whilst house finished.

The thought of having to purchase "all" the necessary household items

No car

Driving on the right.

Going to LTO.

Going to B I.

I'm worn out. Didn't think i would do this at 70.

See ya Cobber

• Like 1

Ozepete
2 hours ago, cookie47 said:

Yeh Mate,
Very sorry....
I think its just I'm at the end of my tether.
Unexpected decision to commit to the Philippines having visited for so many years.

Sell everything we own apart from 8 Balakbayan boxes.

Buy new house.

2 months in Singapore at my nieces, with a 12 month old whilst house finished.

The thought of having to purchase "all" the necessary household items

No car

Driving on the right.

Going to LTO.

Going to B I.

I'm worn out. Didn't think i would do this at 70.

See ya Cobber

No worries David, we all get stressed out at times... That's what they invented alcohol for.. 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 2