• Commercial Banner Advertisers

baby43

visa to tour Australia

baby43

Hi everyone a friend of mine told me a Filipino visiting family here in Australia does not need a visitors visa now to visit, I cant find anything on the internet to say this, only something was in a newspaper in Manila saying this was a scam .

oztony

only something was in a newspaper in Manila saying this was a scam .

"Ding"..

• Like 6

Mikala

Hi everyone a friend of mine told me a Filipino visiting family here in Australia does not need a visitors visa now to visit, I cant find anything on the internet to say this, only something was in a newspaper in Manila saying this was a scam .

Already noted and vetted on another Philippines forum as a joke news article. Seems to be 4-5 of these jokes per year that Filipinos don't need a visa to go to the USA, Australia, Antarctica, etc... :paul:

• Like 4

ozboy

There are these scams all over FB....The other day I replied to one that was a Migration Agent supposedly based in Melb.....When I did a MARA Agents check on his Registration Number he was using.... he was unknown.....As soon as I commented with he facts I was banned.....The Ads still appear but I cannot comment......People get fooled so easily...

• Like 3

ckfm

Facebook in the Philippines are full of scams - but they seem to work because they always get a lot of interest from seemingly normal people.

I think Filipinos are prune to scams because they don't want to accept the truth.

• Like 3

KennyF

One of my brothers-in-law recently had his Australian tourist visa application rejected, despite having children and a house in the Philippines. Visa definitely required, and it's not automatic, even with financial sponsorship.

I never could figure out why a visa to visit Oz has to be so hard.

Anyone who has lived there for any length of time would know that it would be  difficult if not impossible to live below the radar for long.

KonC

• Like 2

Salty Dog

Here you go a list of countries Filipinos do or don't require a visa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Filipino_citizens

It's not that cut and dry. The list doesn't show all the countries that a Filipino with a US Green Card can travel to without a Visa. I would assume the same might be so for permanent residents of some other countries. Also Filipinos traveling as passengers on cruise ships can visit some countries without a Visa even though that country normally requires Filipinos to have a Visa.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Headshot

It's not that cut and dry. The list doesn't show all the countries that a Filipino with a US Green Card can travel to without a Visa. I would assume the same might be so for permanent residents of some other countries. Also Filipinos traveling as passengers on cruise ships can visit some countries without a Visa even though that country normally requires Filipinos to have a Visa.

It isn't the green card other countries look for. All they need to see is a valid US visa in the passport. Even a visitor's visa will do. No green card is necessary.

Monsoon
It isn't the green card other countries look for. All they need to see is a valid US visa in the passport. Even a visitor's visa will do. No green card is necessary.

Ummm... No

Try going to Canada with a Philippine passport and a B1/B2...

Many countries have their rules regarding this exception specifically described as residents of US with valid green card / permanent residency visa. 

Edited by Monsoon

Salty Dog

Ummm... No

Try going to Canada with a Philippine passport and a B1/B2...

Many countries have their rules regarding this exception specifically described as residents of US with valid green card / permanent residency visa. 

Bahamas, Jamaica, Mexico to name a few, all require a Filipino to have a Visa.

Except:

To enter The Bahamas, Filipinos are exempt from Visa requirement if they are permanent residents of the United States. An Alien Registration Card is required, along with a national passport (passport from the Philippines).

Jamaica tourist visa is not required for citizens of Philippines holding a US Alien Registration Card (Green Card) for a stay up to 180 days.

US Permanent Residents, regardless of nationality, do not require a visa to Mexico. They must carry their valid passport AND valid US Green Card with them
Edited by Salty Dog

miles-high

All they need to see is a valid US visa in the passport.

Sorry but unless a Filipina came to the US with a CR1/IR1 visa (but I think that visa is still conditional, that is valid for 2 years?), she will have no "valid US visa in the passport"... My wife's K-1 visa was valid only for 90 days... Now, she only has a green card, no visa...

Also Filipinos traveling as passengers on cruise ships can visit some countries without a Visa

Very true, wife did not even need her passport to visit Croatia during our cruise... Our next cruise trip to Mexico, Belize, Honduras and Cayman, no visa is required... :)

Re tourist visa to Australia, she needed to go to a personal interview (before our marriage) to get a visa, took her 1 month to get it... This year with her green card, all she needed was e-filing but still took her 1 month to get it... :)

Monsoon

Mexico to name a few, all require a Filipino to have a Visa.

Not anymore:  Starting May 1st, 2010, all those foreign nationals, regardless of their nationality, visiting Mexico for tourist, business or transit matters won't need a Mexican visa as long as they have with them a valid and not expired USA visa in the passport.

The point of my response is his was VERY erroneous. 

Mexico just happens to be the odd exception. 

Salty Dog

....Mexico just happens to be the odd exception. 

Belize is another one like Mexico. Citizens of Philippines that hold a valid permanent resident card or a valid multiple-entry visa from the United States do not require a visa for Belize

AlwaysRt

Every country makes their own rules. Always check what is currently needed for the specific country(s) you plan on visiting or transiting through no matter what passport you have. Bad idea to assume about visas.

• Like 2