Jump to content
  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

easy44

USD to PhP Exchange Rate

Recommended Posts

tonny

metro bank Monday tru Friday has a promo rate,ask the manager or the asst manager for that rate if you have a acct with them, i know they will  give you the promo rate,which is  a little higher than there rate at the teller as they don't know the promo rate, but be warned it will take 10 to 20 min or more,I did 5,000 US and it took for ever faster at a money changer .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

smokey

Dang check out this 3 year old thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
20 minutes ago, smokey said:

Dang check out this 3 year old thread

The more we talk about it the higher it goes.  Keep talking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey

in 2015 it was 42 and now 52 a nice 25% raise for me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lolhahaha

Whooohooo!!!

 

1 USD =52.4069PHP

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billy
On March 26, 2018 at 8:09 AM, smokey said:

I think the rate at a bank is set in stone.  Bdo does the same for its customers if you have a dollar acct

I'd like to hear about banks that change from pesos to US dollars. I find if I want to buy dollars atBDO I have to show an airline ticket going out of the country and then they will only let me buy a few thousand dollars. I can buy any. Amount of pesos though. Generally I always use an outside exchanger. They deposit in my account then I deposit in there account. No counting money simple and easy. They'll do any amount I ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
19 minutes ago, billy said:

I'd like to hear about banks that change from pesos to US dollars. I find if I want to buy dollars atBDO I have to show an airline ticket going out of the country and then they will only let me buy a few thousand dollars. I can buy any. Amount of pesos though. Generally I always use an outside exchanger. They deposit in my account then I deposit in there account. No counting money simple and easy. They'll do any amount I ask.

I have my corp accounts with BDO . Last year when I wanted to buy  usd it was almost impossible at BDO but in the end i found a manager who got them to give me it in cash .     The next time i wanted usd the bank referred me to a currency exchange woman . She in conjunction with my BDO manager on the phone together put the money in my   BDO   account and as soon as it was there BDO transferred my pesos into the currency companies account.  BDO then transferred the usd via Swift to my Canadian USD account 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billy
10 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

I have my corp accounts with BDO . Last year when I wanted to buy  usd it was almost impossible at BDO but in the end i found a manager who got them to give me it in cash .     The next time i wanted usd the bank referred me to a currency exchange woman . She in conjunction with my BDO manager on the phone together put the money in my   BDO   account and as soon as it was there BDO transferred my pesos into the currency companies account.  BDO then transferred the usd via Swift to my Canadian USD account 

I've found for wiring money out, BDO is the best. There charge is 10.00 US and the wires take 12 hours and it's in my account in the US.  They use to charge $5.00. For exchanging money I use outside exchangers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lolhahaha

I had a few US 100s laying around and since the exchange rate is high right now I took them to the bank to exchange them today. The 100s looked like perfectly new bills. The woman at the bank played with them for a while and decided that one of my 100s had a small  1/100th of an inch tear on it and they wouldn't accept it. Wtf?

I waited for about 30 minutes and did a ton of paperwork in order to exchange 4 100 dollar bills. They even wanted my ssn, which I incorrectly entered onto their paperwork.

Then when it was finally over they exchanged my mint condition bills for a pile that several of the bills looked like they had been passed around between tricycle drivers for a couple weeks. 

I seriously have no idea why they would expect mint bills but I'll remember from now on to just exchange all my money in the mall when we go to the city.

In the mall they ask for nothing, not even an id and just change the money in about 30 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
1 hour ago, lolhahaha said:

In the mall they ask for nothing, not even an id and just change the money in about 30 seconds.

Given that you know that I have to ask what you were doing exchanging money in a bank??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lolhahaha
5 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

Given that you know that I have to ask what you were doing exchanging money in a bank??

The 2 money changers were offline and everybody I asked told me that the bank had a better rate which was true. 52.10 vs 51.50. Of course if I go to the city and change it in the mall the rate probably would have been 52.25 yesterday but thats 75kms away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kabisay-an gid
7 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

In the mall they ask for nothing, not even an id and just change the money in about 30 seconds.

Depends on the mall and store/changer. The changer on the ground floor of the Gaisano store at the Gaisano Grand Mall Mactan, will photocopy your passport and key the serial number of every single bill into their computer, before giving you your pesos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Commercial Banner Advertisers

  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert



  • Adsbygoogle

    Advert

×