oztony

No Doubt I Got A Better Life Out Of It Also

royman
I suppose it's the luck of the draw with who we meet regardless of which country our women come from. 

I had a wife when in the UK and had  gorgeous daughter with her but we divorced and she stopped my daughter and I contacting each other. When my daughter got older and could fend for herself she found me in Australia, visited me and it was like we had never been apart for those 15yrs. She now lives here in Oz after finding a guy and getting married...her all 'loving' mother did not attend the wedding because she rebuked my daughter for letting me be the one to walk her down the aisle...my daughter hated her 'stepdad' ...so, regardless of which country we come from there will always be 'differences' in relationships. So, that was a mix of unlucky but now very lucky because my daughter is here now.

When in Oz I met a guy with a Filipina gf...they have been together about 20 yrs, very happy and 'to and fro' from Oz to P'pines. They introduced me to a friend..initial contact was online before I actually made my 1st visit to the P'pines to meet her.....we got on well...got together...I moved there and lived with her and her 2 kids..(now 22yrs and 17yrs old who I keep in contact with and always meet up with on my visits there).

She was great although I did initially feel a bit embarrassed walking around with a woman that was almost 20 yrs younger than me. She was a homely girl, not bothered about discos, etc...was happy to stay home and have friends around to do karaoke, ( she was my 'Wonderwall' by Oasis) and cook some bbq and bananaques to sell. She was great. Took her to Oz twice, she loved it although a bit shy with people. Then she got cancer and died. So, a mix of lucky and then unlucky.

A couple of years later I met a Filipina in Oz...I was at a party and simply said,,'kamusta' to her..so it went..'you know the language?', etc, etc. and explained to her my P'pines experience. She had been here 25 yrs, her Aussie husband had died many years ago. We got on well and are now together, not married. A whole different situation..our age gap is only 6 yrs so don't feel embarrassed when seen in public with her.We have plans, we are on the same level. So, a mix of lucky and hopefully not going to be unlucky.

Basically, it's the luck of the draw.. all relationships have there are 'ups and downs'. Make the best of what you have..no one knows what's around the corner...good or bad. Throw in some humour when things are down...if we have had a disagreement the night before, in the morning if she is up before me I will say, 'coffee time? on the kettle petal'..it brings a smile and hug...c'est la vie
  • Like 5

Salty Dog
44 minutes ago, royman said:

...She was a homely girl,...

Can I assume this doesn't mean the same in your country as it does in mine..:biggrin_01:

• Confused 1

royman
13 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Can I assume this doesn't mean the same in your country as it does in mine..:biggrin_01:

Dunno what it means in your country...in my country 'homely'  means happy to stay at home and not into going out too much...what does it mean in your country?

BTW..your toothy grin needs a brush...

Edited by royman
  • Like 1

Salty Dog
2 minutes ago, royman said:

Dunno what it means in your country...in my country 'homely'  means happy to stay at home and not into going out too much...what does it mean in your country?

Homely
United States
(of a person) unattractive in appearance.
synonyms:    unattractive, plain, unprepossessing, unlovely, ill-favored, ugly;
informal not much to look at
"she's rather homely"

DeedleNuts

There is probably a reasonable argument to be made that everything anyone does is done with the aim of improving their life. 

SkyMan
19 hours ago, royman said:

in my country 'homely'  means happy to stay at home and not into going out too much...what does it mean in your country?

We would say homebody.  Someone who spends most of their time at home.

• Like 3