• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

Dentist / Oral Surgeon / Dentures

Headshot

Since Skyman started a topic on house painters, it reminded me that I wanted to start topics on many subjects for services that that are often passed on word-of-mouth. In other words, if you don't have contacts, you don't find the person or company that provides the service. I will start these threads on as many types of services as I can. Note: I consider any specialty as a service, so you will see painters, plumbers, carpenters, masons, electricians, lawyers, medical specialties, dental specialties, diesel mechanics, gasoline engine mechanics, LPG engine mechanics and conversion, brake repair, auto body and paint, auto electric systems, etc. Also, if you think of other specialties that I miss, let me know, and I will add a topic. I will pin all of these topics, so they stick around over time.

So...if you know of a DENTIST / ORAL SURGEON that you would recommend, please put the dentist's name, whatever contact information you have, where he or she is located (town or city and address of his or her office(s)) and why you would recommend this dentist over others. Also, if you know details (like specialties, years in practice, patient interactions), I'm sure that would be helpful to a lot of other members. Does the dentist do crowns, root canals, fillings, cleaning, extractions, bridges, implants, x-rays, etc.? What types of anesthetic or sedation are available during procedures?

• Like 7

mexiwi

I have used Dr. Gilbert Suarez at Smile Designs in Northwing at SM Cebu

He did a root canal for me to fix up some damage from an abcess. Good guy and good follow up because i still had a little infection so had a couple issues.

Pricing excellent by Australian standards, not cheap by Philippines standard but cheaper that the Green Apples and Metrodental (tried Metro, expensive and not good patient care)

Used all the good drugs, no pain, and I am a girl when it comes to Dentists

• Like 1

Mandingo

Since Skyman started a topic on house painters, it reminded me that I wanted to start topics on many subjects for services that that are often passed on word-of-mouth. In other words, if you don't have contacts, you don't find the person or company that provides the service. I will start these threads on as many types of services as I can. Note: I consider any specialty as a service, so you will see painters, plumbers, carpenters, masons, electricians, lawyers, medical specialties, dental specialties, diesel mechanics, gasoline engine mechanics, LPG engine mechanics and conversion, brake repair, auto body and paint, auto electric systems, etc. Also, if you think of other specialties that I miss, let me know, and I will add a topic. I will pin all of these topics, so they stick around over time.

So...if you know of a DENTIST / ORAL SURGEON that you would recommend, please put the dentist's name, whatever contact information you have, where he or she is located (town or city and address of his or her office(s)) and why you would recommend this dentist over others. Also, if you know details (like specialties, years in practice, patient interactions), I'm sure that would be helpful to a lot of other members. Does the dentist do crowns, root canals, fillings, cleaning, extractions, bridges, implants, x-rays, etc.? What types of anesthetic or sedation are available during procedures?

Great idea to have service type threads where forum members can recommend or dissuade services of providers. I think this is a big help to members. Thanks...........

• Like 1

billy

thanks headshot i think this will be great for all the members

Headshot

thanks headshot i think this will be great for all the members

The more members contribute to these topics, the better resource it will be. So...if you have any experience with any of the topics I am posting, please contribute. Thanks.

Rocketman

DENTIST

I've used the following Dentist a few times and will continue to use her.  She's about 35 years old and has a nice office on A.S. Fortuna.  Her prices are very reasonable and she has kept all her appointments on-time.  I don't recall the exact prices but cleaning was about P500, a girl I brought in to her having gingivitis was cleaned for P1,000, reattaching a porcelain veneer was about P300.  Her equipment seems modern and the office is very clean. 

Justeen Catan (General Dentistry/Orthodontics), 236-5012, Unit 1-B JAB Commercial Center, A.S. Fortuna, Banilad, Mandaue City, Monday - Saturday 9-5, Sundays and Holidays by appointment

Edited by Rocketman

gasturbine

I can recommend Dr. Chonga  Pascual on the 6th floor of Perpetual Succor  Medical Arts building. She is a dentist and oral surgeon. I have used her for years. She is painless and as good as it gets here in Philippines. She is Manga Cum Laude graduate of Cebu Doctors University. Tele is 231-0628 room 601.  I to have encountered less than honest dentist. My sister in law went to a dentist in the  building just outside Ayala and dentist said she had 15 cavities, real count was four by x-ray. Me and my wife went through at least 5 dentist before we found a competent one. Big item is do they have a autoclave for sterilizing instruments, if not pass them by hepatitis is hard to cure. Dave

• Like 2

JohnD

I recommend;

I Smile Dental Care Clinic

Dr. Sally Barral

Room 301 Goodwill Bldg

Osmena Blvd

Cebu City

My family and I have used her for several years both in Cebu and on Camotes where she has a 2nd office. Clean, Painless, Good Prices.

ellenbrook2001

Dentist referral please when you refer too a very good dentist make sure they have a x-ray machine ,autoclave for sterilizing instruments etc his a waist of time too go there then after go too another place too have x-ray,then go back again , a hate too go too many places for only one teeth anywhere thanks for your help and your input.

• Like 2

billy

can anyone recommend a dentist or place to get partial dentures.  someone your happy with. also the differences on hard plastic dentures and the new soft plastic dentures

afmayer

can anyone recommend a dentist or place to get partial dentures.  someone your happy with. also the differences on hard plastic dentures and the new soft plastic dentures

My wife had partials and retainers done by a Dr. Dy at Dimoc Center Dental Clinic at 40 Don Gil Garcia St in Cebu City.

I was impressed by the Clinic and the quality of the work. The prices seemed reasonable also.

http://ph.shop.88db.com/dimoccenter/doctors

• Like 1

ed villas

why dont you check out this link, its been discussed many many times before and it may have the info you seek

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/forum/50-health-medical-dental-fitness-diet/

mistaeric

Needed a lot dental work done so what better place to do it for a cheap price then here in the Phils. I made in appt at Dentaland and showed up at Ayala mall right on time and filled out a quick info sheet and waited with another ex-pat. My name was called and I walked to the back and sat in the chair and what I thought was the dental hygienist proceeded to clean my teeth. Then with her asst taking notes she examined each of my teeth,and at that time I knew she was the dentist. She told me I had 9 cavities that needed filling,and one extraction needed. I agreed and told her to get started on the fillings. About 2 hrs later she told me we are finished to my surprise I felt some pressure but not excessive pain. Then I asked about the extraction. She said,,Sir I would not recommend the extraction because you will be traveling in 4 days back to the U.S. and the pressure on the extraction would not be good. Im thinking DAMN!! I don't want to wait 6 days before I get this tooth out of my mouth,but she's the dentist and I had no choice. So I walked the receptionist and was told my fee was P6,300 for 9 fillings. Better than the States that's for sure! There was also 4 other ex-pats awaiting work done in the waiting area.So when I get back to my hotel I make appt at Green Apple dentist for the next day. I arrive at the office,fill out sheet,wait a few mins,and was walked to back to the dental chair. The dentist recommended x-ray for the tooth to see any problems(Dentaland did not do x-ray)she might face. So I told her I would be traveling tues back to states,and at that time she gave me all the warnings by law she had to,then ask my decision to proceed or not. I told her I would take the chance and lets get this tooth out pronto. She novacained me up and got started her work. I was preparing myself to grip the arms of the chair because I knew the pain was coming because she kept switching these midevil torture tools into my open mouth. BUT to my surprise the big pain never came only some pressure like someone pressing down on your teeth if you can imagine that. Before I knew it she was backing the torture tool tray away from me,and in my mind its was (HELL YEAH I MADE IT!) and she started giving me her recommendations on future work if I like. Which Dentaland did not do.Total cost of xray and extraction was P1280. IMHO Apple Green Dental was a little more professional with recommending work that needs to be done in the future if client desires. Both as of now both offices did good dental work. Also Im on a board of postal workers and I mentioned all the dental work done here in Cebu city. And quite a few guys jumped on me with,,I WOULD NEVER GET DENTAL WORK DONE IN PHILS,BECAUSE THEY DON'Y AUTOCLAVED THEIR DENTALTOOLS! I didn know what the hell these guys was talking about,so anybody got opinion about autoclave here in phils?

Skywalker

Definition of AUTOCLAVE

: an apparatus in which special conditions (as high or low pressure or temperature) can be established for a variety of applications; especially : an apparatus (as for sterilizing) using steam under high pressure

So it's a steam steriliser for cleaning those tools they put in your mouth.  A kind of superclean overkill, considering how much bacteria there is already in your mouth.  Your postal worker friends are over cautious.

Guy60417

My very first job, I worked in a laboratory and one of my duties was putting stuff in the autoclave to be sterilized.

Thanks for the review -- you say that Dentaland is at Ayala, but where is Green Apple? I need cleaning, some fillings, but I hope no extractions.