• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
Stranded Shipscook

Tips for cheap Flights to Europe Please ( Germany )

Stranded Shipscook

need some tips, any help welcome.

Gotta fly quickly within the next week to Germany, as my mom isn't well at all and i want to see her before...

Anyone got cheap websites where i could inquire and book ?googling is very confusing ( or maybe i am right now )

I haven't paid/booked a flight myself since 2004, everything was always arranged for me, so it's kind of "virgin" territory for me.

preferred destination are all German Airports or the nearby Dutch/Belgium ones.But i am flexible, Paris, London, anything does. ( Railtickets are cheap for me)

Edited by Stranded Shipscook (see edit history)

BFHammer

how long will you stay there? 1 way is nearly as expensive as round trip or more sometimes.

• Like 1

Danishman

Momondo.com, which I have used many times and which I think is reliable and manageable.

• Like 1

BFHammer

http://www.expedia.c...2a3334f318&��to bonn

http://www.expedia.c...c-598b52fcdff7 Berlin

Monday or tues are the cheapest, it's gets more expensive thurs-onward.

I searched from manila since I assumed you would know the cheapest way there. Is the airport open with the flooding is the question.

All you will need is credit card and passport number to book the flight.

Edited by BFHammer (see edit history)

BFHammer

if you need a rental car there is a trick with priceline. You go an bid on the cheapest car for 5 dollars a day. It will reject you. Then you will get an email later offering like 11 dollars a day. I don't know if it works with a flight only a few days away though.

Woolf

http://www.qatarairways.com/dk/en/homepage.page

Cebu to Frankfurt sep 03, 2012

return

Frankfurt to cebu oct 03, 2012

1329.12 USD

Stranded Shipscook

how long will you stay there? 1 way is nearly as expensive as round trip or more sometimes.

Good point and question.,

i stay for at least 2 weeks up to one month.

In the old days +21 day tickets were considerably cheaper, but the ticket market and rules has considerably changed a lot since the eighties.

from what i saw on the last 20 tickets used,the Travel Agents in Cebu/manila are also not the cheapest always. That's why i ask around here.

Woolf

http://www.cathaypac...n_INTL/homepage

cebu to frankfurt 03 sep, 2012

return

frankfurt to cebu 03 oct, 2012

1035 usd

cebu - hongkong - amsterdam - frankfurt

ooh there is a cheaper one if you change the dates 960 usd

Edited by Woolf (see edit history)

BFHammer

Good point and question.,

i stay for at least 2 weeks up to one month.

In the old days +21 day tickets were considerably cheaper, but the ticket market and rules has considerably changed a lot since the eighties.

from what i saw on the last 20 tickets used,the Travel Agents in Cebu/manila are also not the cheapest always. That's why i ask around here.

http://www.expedia.com/Flights-SearchResults-RoundTrip?c=cf12fcac-9034-4ca6-b9b2-e03fb4ec9701& one month is only a few dollars more.

BFHammer

I'd book the one month. My rule for when I was planning my trip there was 3 week minimum if i had to endure the awful 20 hours on a plane. Though that was also a vacation not a family issue.

jtmwatchbiz

need some tips, any help welcome.

Gotta fly quickly within the next week to Germany, as my mom isn't well at all and i want to see her before...

Anyone got cheap websites where i could inquire and book ?googling is very confusing ( or maybe i am right now )

I haven't paid/booked a flight myself since 2004, everything was always arranged for me, so it's kind of "virgin" territory for me.

preferred destination are all German Airports or the nearby Dutch/Belgium ones.But i am flexible, Paris, London, anything does. ( Railtickets are cheap for me)

let's set aside our banter and please take my advice.

can't help you in flights, but i can sympathize for your situation. i had to do the same thing last year with my dad. take it from me...go ASAP as i was too late and i hate to see the same thing happen to you. grab the quickest flight despite trying to save a few bucks and get there as soon as humanly possible!

i hope it works out and hope if possible your mom's condition can improve!

Stranded Shipscook

let's set aside our banter and please take my advice.

can't help you in flights, but i can sympathize for your situation. i had to do the same thing last year with my dad. take it from me...go ASAP as i was too late and i hate to see the same thing happen to you. grab the quickest flight despite trying to save a few bucks and get there as soon as humanly possible!

i hope it works out and hope if possible your mom's condition can improve!

That's what i am doing right now, trying to get a flight by all possible means and using also the experience of all members.

Thanks.

Edited by Stranded Shipscook (see edit history)

Woolf

I have found that it is cheaper to book direct with the airlines

The Cathay Pacific flies from cebu to hongkong to central europe (frankfurt, amsterdam & more) so only one stop and you avoid manila

pinipig

please check QATAR, they have shortest flying time , NAIA is working,

sperry

look at low cost airlines to singapore, kl, hong kong especailly the last one. there was/is huge overcapacity on that route. air new zealand once worked out really well for me hk-> london. i just got a steal to hk on airphil express from cebu.

or look at royal jordanian from Hk and pickup easyjet in amman to gatwick. you might not pay a surcharge for single way like this. gatwick to ashford to pick up eurostar is pretty easy.

good luck, god speed

• Like 1