expat08

Best Restaurants in Cebu

Jack Rat
47 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

the last of the Pie p*orn :)

Today at the Reef Hotel,  Noosa :)

image.png.2d641324aa9717173e98d0f0ac1f69fe.png

image.png.5ac8d6efae2dffccab5bac90c3cfca25.png

Now I have to cold turkey on pies - till I make my own - I picked up a pie maker yesterday too :)

image.png.58c17fafc95d5d21b6a334625c77cf5e.png

48 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

the last of the Pie p*orn :)

Today at the Reef Hotel,  Noosa :)

image.png.2d641324aa9717173e98d0f0ac1f69fe.png

image.png.5ac8d6efae2dffccab5bac90c3cfca25.png

Now I have to cold turkey on pies - till I make my own - I picked up a pie maker yesterday too :)

image.png.58c17fafc95d5d21b6a334625c77cf5e.png

You are cruel!! It looks like possibly a plate of fish and chips next to the pie? Mate, I really miss my regular Friday night feed of good old  Barramundi fish n chips..Truly, nothing to match it here..

• Like 2

GBT62
17 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

You are cruel!! It looks like possibly a plate of fish and chips next to the pie? Mate, I really miss my regular Friday night feed of good old  Barramundi fish n chips..Truly, nothing to match it here..

Fisherman's basket with beer-battered chips, fish, prawns, scallops - washed down with a WA Alcoholic-Ginger Beer - high society here  😂

Now I need to learn to roll my own puff-pastry - haven't found large frozen sheets in Cebu yet 🥧

• Like 2

Gus
Fisherman's basket with beer-battered chips, fish, prawns, scallops - washed down with a WA Alcoholic-Ginger Beer - high society here  
Now I need to learn to roll my own puff-pastry - haven't found large frozen sheets in Cebu yet 🥧
I picked up an identical pie maker for a mate in Toledo a while back .
He's pretty competent in the kitchen, but struggled to get the pastry right .
Many test runs and tastings ( the pies are pretty small ) , but I think he eventually gave up :( .

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

rep1
On 6/15/2018 at 6:45 PM, RangerUp said:

Pig & Palm has a Michellin rated chef,  I went there once and it was definitely the closest thing to 'fine dining' in Cebu.

Possibly Abaca and Shangi-La resorts. But you're also paying Western prices.

Never see that chef. can't be a filipino at 20s!

I revisited last month and the experience is much, much better over a year ago. Price is the same, two-person discounted set lunch is no more.

salad of c***flower, fish on breads, risotto. the first two were delightful, amazing. A little too much, 2 courses would do.

max111
33 minutes ago, rep1 said:

Never see that chef. can't be a filipino at 20s!

I revisited last month and the experience is much, much better over a year ago. Price is the same, two-person discounted set lunch is no more.

salad of c***flower, fish on breads, risotto. the first two were delightful, amazing. A little too much, 2 courses would do.

If I remember this correctly... The chef who opened the Pig&Palm is a brit, who also has restaurants in UK, USA and OZ.  Chances you'll see him in Cebu are slim....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1