• Commercial Banner Advertisers

expat08

Best Restaurants in Cebu.

aussiekangaroo

Anyone know if there is any place to buy good quality frozen meat pies like four N twenty in Cebu?

newtocebu
4 hours ago, Gus said:

I've just been there for a coffee on that reccomendation.
Sorry didn't take a photo.
It's called Cafe Engleberg.
Coffee was good. 80p Americano.
But smallish cup.
The menu small and I wouldn't say it's cheap. Swiss breakfast 250p.
Mind you I live in Pattaya now where it's so competitive and 99 baht breakfasts are commonplace.

So going in towards Collingwood it's on the left. There's a newish set of strip mall type shops. Very modern and clean.

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate

Hard to imagine that strip of land is now modern and clean - it was once a popular toilet and dumping ground

GBT62
3 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

There is a Lebanese restaurant at Escario Central

Thanks - may look into that.  I did find an interesting combo-resto near there in Escario as few weeks back -  Senor Kimchi. It's a Mexican/Korean place (yes a weird mix) but had some great food and cocktails.  The Chilli Con Carne Pizza was a pleasant surprise - as were the Calamansi Mojito's ! 

1 hour ago, Freetochat said:

Don't forget The Welsh Deli up near Manila for bacon, sausages, pies etc.  He does a good range and posts out in refrigerated boxes next day delivery.  https://www.facebook.com/pg/welshdeli/about/

IMG_3211.JPG

Thanks - never heard of them - organising an order now :thumbs_up: 

35 minutes ago, aussiekangaroo said:

Anyone know if there is any place to buy good quality frozen meat pies like four N twenty in Cebu?

Nope mate - I actually looked slowly through the freezers at Landers yesterday - no go. I've not seen at S&R not Rustans. 

They seem to stock a lot of US and UK items - and a little AU Beef and Lamb - but not pies etc. I managed to get US White Castle frozen Jalapeno Slider Burgers ...... ummm won't get those again. The real White Castle is great - these tasted like cardboard and cheese....

• Like 2

TequilaSunset

GF wants to try Koa Tree when I arrive, any input?

Freetochat
15 hours ago, aussiekangaroo said:

Steve the owner at Circa 1900 http://circa1900cebu.com/ used to do a range of fresh aussie pies that could be home frozen.  He advertised last year the service from one of his outlets near Banilad. Maybe worth dropping him an email or FB message

• Like 1

mikewright
3 hours ago, Freetochat said:

Steve the owner at Circa 1900 http://circa1900cebu.com/ used to do a range of fresh aussie pies that could be home frozen.  He advertised last year the service from one of his outlets near Banilad. Maybe worth dropping him an email or FB message

I see that this is the same Steve who used to have the Canvas Bistro in Ayala, which later moved to Banilad.  Canvas was probably my favourite restaurant in Cebu at the time, they had some seriously good food there and did a great meat pie, even had pie floater on the menu from memory. It had an extensive menu, and the whole family loved eating there. Was sorry to read that Canvas closed last year, but will give circa 1900 a try.

I see circa 1900 does an Aussie Meat Pie & Chips with Onion Gravy P495.  Could be just the thing for an Aussi looking for a pie fix!

• Like 1

Gus
Kiwi Lodge used to do a good range of pies, eat in OR takeout frozen.
This info is a few, years old now.
Need to update.

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

aussiekangaroo
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Freetochat said:

I ordered the Aussie meat pie and chips for myself and fish and chips for my gf a few nights ago from Honest Bee casa dos. I wasn't really impressed with the food at the price we were paying and especially the pastry wasn't to good but the meat was reasonable tho wasn't expecting the local mushroom in it. Gf said she prefers the bangus from the local sizzling place on Salinas drive. Luckily we had 300 off a 700 peso order.

Edited by aussiekangaroo (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Freetochat
1 hour ago, aussiekangaroo said:

I ordered the Aussie meat pie and chips for myself and fish and chips for my gf a few nights ago from Honest Bee casa dos. I wasn't really impressed with the food at the price we were paying and especially the pastry wasn't to good but the meat was reasonable tho wasn't expecting the local mushroom in it. Gf said she prefers the bangus from the local sizzling place on Salinas drive. Luckily we had 300 off a 700 peso order.

Had a meal at Crca once and that was good, but have never had the pies.  Just remembered the ad.  I buy my pies from Welsh Deli.  Bought Beef and Mushroom, Cornish Pasty and Apple pie before.  All were good and reasonable price.

• Thanks 1

aussiekangaroo
28 minutes ago, Freetochat said:

Had a meal at Crca once and that was good, but have never had the pies.  Just remembered the ad.  I buy my pies from Welsh Deli.  Bought Beef and Mushroom, Cornish Pasty and Apple pie before.  All were good and reasonable price.

Will give them a try soon..