• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

A Culture of Corruption?

InternetTough

Is it corruption, ignorance, low self esteem, or some combination thereof......................How can a predominantly Roman Catholic country, the RP,( and many other countries) go to church on Sunday, enjoy and participate in its holidays, holy days,,, and yet descend into the cold blooded, thieving practices, and other various crimes that exist...............How does that happen?

I am Roman Catholic, and I will be the first to say ............ROME, the Vatican and the the Holy Father is ,,,,,,and has been for centuries,,,,dubious! Like most religions, they seek a following, but are never measured on the results of their teachings.

How could you possibly measure the results of the Catholic Church while you are still in this world?

I am a Catholic, too.

Edited by InternetTough

SkyMan

All people are corrupt every where in the world....if they think they can get away with it.many a man has taken what he thinks is his fair share of money.Why look how the American Lawyers are leading the way?

Thank God you're wrong there. One case of many: My first visit to the PI I'm in Robinson's Mall in Manila and I thought my ATM transaction failed. I'm 20 ft away looking for another ATM and some lady grabs me and hands me my p20K. I try to give her one but she refuses.

The PI is a land of extremes where the rich are very rich and the poor very poor. The good are very good and the bad, well

ps....bye the way...when is the last time you found a hundred dollar bill on the floor....and looked for the owner?:thats-funny:

Ummmm , well, when was the last time I found a hundred dollar bill.......or a twenty..... I find some pesos on the side of the road when I walk my dog. I found a wallet in grocery store parking lot when I was 9, gave it to my mom who called the guy and he gave me a bola tie. Very nice.

Edited by SkyMan

SkyMan

Is it corruption, ignorance, low self esteem, or some combination thereof......................How can a predominantly Roman Catholic country, the RP,( and many other countries) go to church on Sunday, enjoy and participate in its holidays, holy days,,, and yet descend into the cold blooded, thieving practices, and other various crimes that exist...............How does that happen?

I am Roman Catholic, and I will be the first to say ............ROME, the Vatican and the the Holy Father is ,,,,,,and has been for centuries,,,,dubious! Like most religions, they seek a following, but are never measured on the results of their teachings.

Thanks for your candor about your own religion. I would point out thought that while +99.9% of the population claims to be RC, the %age that actually attends a mass other than maybe Christmas, Easter, funeral christening, and Wedding is substantially smaller. I also imagine the %age with any concept of the 2nd commandment is pretty small.

Cary

Just now on Rated K, Corina Sanchez profiled several millionaires and that included Manny. And all they talked about was money. How big an engorgement ring was how much was the car. Money. is it any surprise, and I do not condone it that almost every time you get int a cab for example you have to fight with the driver even if he does have a meter? They wan their cut. They see their stars in dresses that shows parts only their husbands are suppose ot see. Its from the top down and no the RP is not alone but in the RP's case it is helping to keep the country down.

SkyMan

That's a very big statement by the Op that expats come from corruption free countries. I guess that rules out the US which has an economy on it's knees due to corruption on a massive scale.

Perhaps if you were to read beyond the third sentence of my first paragraph?

We, most of us expats, come here from relatively corruption free societies. Or at least corruption free on the worker bee level. We don't have to slip a few bucks to the jerk at the license bureau to get a license in a reasonable time or without some of the annoying things like tests, getting something shipped across country and it actually getting there doesn't require tipping the mailman, notary services are free or at least cheap and not based on the amount of the transaction, and handing the cop 3 or 4 bucks with your drivers license is a quick trip to jail. Here, we're in a whole new world and it's point blank in our faces. We ask, why do these people put up with this?

First, I didn't say corruption free but 'relatively' corruption free. I didn't say it doesn't exist but that the average person just doesn't see it. Also, I said on the worker bee level. The average individual doing average things with public servants isn't going to be asked for a tip to make things happen faster. Yes, we know our elected officials are on the take and even down to, say the city planner level, but the average guy isn't going to be developing a subdivision so that isn't a problem unless that guy buys a home in the subdivision and there's a problem due to what the developer 'paid for' later.

sjp

mmm sounds like an attack on my relgious beliefs [ or at least what you guess them to be ]

You dont know why i said it? it was only to demonstrate how trying to be so very politically correct can end up being so silly

I,m sorry you are so sensitive. I will refrain from similar comments to you in the future. And whats wrong with being silly, I might not have a lawyers wit but I am happy and successful in my life and thats all that really matters

I can promise you that I will not pick apart your opinions as I would rather just get along with people and learn from others

mpt1947

I,m sorry you are so sensitive. I will refrain from similar comments to you in the future. And whats wrong with being silly, I might not have a lawyers wit but I am happy and successful in my life and thats all that really matters

I can promise you that I will not pick apart your opinions as I would rather just get along with people and learn from others

Although I tend to keep my mouth shut and my ears open, each of us have opinions and should not be afraid to share them.

Another way of learning is the free exchange of ideas - offer an opinion - it may be shot down, but while it is being torn apart, you can learn from it - either that you were wrong, or that you need to present them better - Just keep in mind what Paul wrote earlier today - Criticize the post, not the poster and you will be fine

Just my thoughts

Mr. Mike

How could you possibly measure the results of the Catholic Church while you are still in this world?

I am a Catholic, too.

I see your point ........but we should take this discussion to the DTD!

eggnoggin

i lived amongst the savages of the world from tan to the deepest black..corruption in their world is actually a respite from the frenzy and violence inherent in their dna...its as close to the white interpretation of a rational stratification of reaction to compulsion theyre gonna get in the next century..multi culturism and racial fostering by the sexually conflicted aint rocket science.."superior" motive and moral equivalence from whining keyboard commandos wont pry your loved ones from between the bloody grins of the "ritualistic tribal" cannibal doing his thing..the structure and application of filipino law and judicial is a nice example..when unwound ..its just a core of primal violent reaction...wrapped in miles of meaningless convoluted rationale .. a camouflaged shitbirds nest of soggy meaningless twine.... :thats-funny:

aussiedon

i lived amongst the savages of the world from tan to the deepest black..corruption in their world is actually a respite from the frenzy and violence inherent in their dna...its as close to the white interpretation of a rational stratification of reaction to compulsion theyre gonna get in the next century..multi culturism and racial fostering by the sexually conflicted aint rocket science.."superior" motive and moral equivalence from whining keyboard commandos wont pry your loved ones from between the bloody grins of the "ritualistic tribal" cannibal doing his thing..the structure and application of filipino law and judicial is a nice example..when unwound ..its just a core of primal violent reaction...wrapped in miles of meaningless convoluted rationale .. a camouflaged shitbirds nest of soggy meaningless twine.... :thats-funny:

I was wonderin when ............. now everything is clear. now about those Mulanggay leaves...

Mr. Mike

i lived amongst the savages of the world from tan to the deepest black..corruption in their world is actually a respite from the frenzy and violence inherent in their dna...its as close to the white interpretation of a rational stratification of reaction to compulsion theyre gonna get in the next century..multi culturism and racial fostering by the sexually conflicted aint rocket science.."superior" motive and moral equivalence from whining keyboard commandos wont pry your loved ones from between the bloody grins of the "ritualistic tribal" cannibal doing his thing..the structure and application of filipino law and judicial is a nice example..when unwound ..its just a core of primal violent reaction...wrapped in miles of meaningless convoluted rationale .. a camouflaged shitbirds nest of soggy meaningless twine.... :stick_poke:

Holey moley, that's a mouthful! :thats-funny:

I was reading an article on South Africa not long ago. White farmer murders......seems things are a little out of control.

Edited by Mr. Mike

Alan S

This thread is going downhill fast and pretty soon, someone will post something that gets them banned.

Hence I will close it before that happens.