• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

A Culture of Corruption?

Davolives

When I first got here and got my atm card i was having a few problems figuring out the system. I punched withdraw for 10,000 but only 5,000 came out. I didnt know that another 5000 was being disbursed right after [ and it was outside in blinding sun and heat so I wasnt at my best anyway], so as I walked away the 2 girls behind me called me back and showed me the other 5000 in the machine !!

• Like 1

RogerDuMond

The reason Catholics break their own rules is because they don't believe there is a heaven...... Why would anyone steal and commit adultery knowing the result will be everlasting damnation??

The catholic faith is just culture.....they don't believe in it.

This is not the place to debate the Catholic religion.

Wombat No More

You're a lucky guy mate! ... Did you marry one of them? ... You can't let the honest ones escape

When I first got here and got my atm card i was having a few problems figuring out the system. I punched withdraw for 10,000 but only 5,000 came out. I didnt know that another 5000 was being disbursed right after [ and it was outside in blinding sun and heat so I wasnt at my best anyway], so as I walked away the 2 girls behind me called me back and showed me the other 5000 in the machine !!

Mr. Mike

This is not the place to debate the Catholic religion.

Understood,,,,,Roger that!...........my bad! :closedeyes:

JackJohnson

OP...since the bank bailouts here in the states, I see the United States as TOTALLY corrupt.

Obama is Bush Black: continued the two wars he said he'd take us out of, and added one more in Libya,

did not shut down Gitmo, renewed the Patriot Act, and renewed Bush's tax cuts for the rich. I could go on and on.

I'm not that familiar with day to day life in the PI, but I fear that corruption is worldwide and simply part

of the fabric of life in many countries.

Mr. Mike

Baywak sir!.............read the above post,,,,religion is a sensitive subject! ........nuff said my friend!

Cary

Roger just said this is not a thread on Catholic religion. If you want to talk about it go to the DK. I am ans will remove all comments on it. Stay on topic.

Mr. Mike

OP...since the bank bailouts here in the states, I see the United States as TOTALLY corrupt.

Obama is Bush Black: continued the two wars he said he'd take us out of, and added one more in Libya,

did not shut down Gitmo, renewed the Patriot Act, and renewed Bush's tax cuts for the rich. I could go on and on.

I'm not that familiar with day to day life in the PI, but I fear that corruption is worldwide and simply part

of the fabric of life in many countries.

...for the record.. self serving assholes are everywhere, and every country. The USA is no different. The difference is we, the citizens, can make changes if we the "citizens" wake-the-hell-up!

Edited by Mr. Mike

Headshot

You're a lucky guy mate! ... Did you marry one of them? ... You can't let the honest ones escape

That makes it sound like you believe the honest ones are rare. I don't believe that (and I know you don't either). Most of the people I know here have been honest with me. If anything...a lot of people here are TOO honest (say what's on their minds even when they shouldn't). If people act dishonestly...we don't associate with them anymore. Weeding out the dishonest people makes our lives better for not having that influence around us and our future family.

Davolives

...for the record.. self serving assholes are everywhere, and every country. The USA is no different. The difference is we, the citizens, can make changes if we the "citizens" wake-the-hell-up!

ah, religion and politics- always good to fall back on !! lol

sjp

We need to get off our high horses and stop judging these people. Maybe if we were in the same situation as them from the very start ( born and raised here ) we would act the same. Poor education, little or no hope, Very few jobs to be had and a government that doesn,t give a sh#t about them.

When the US first brought Blacks over to there country they didn,t excel much until they started to get a good education and a little opportunity and a few good men to lead them ( Martin Luther King ). Thats what the Philippines needs today is a few good men or women in the right places leading the way to change. There are a lot of good god fearing and honest Filipinos that would love to see a change in their country and would vote for and follow them ( as long as the bribes weren,t to high from the other candidates )lol. I have noticed a lot more friendliness and honesty that unfriendly and dishonest but sometimes desperation makes you do stupid things.

Mr. Mike

ah, religion and politics- always good to fall back on !! lol

In this day and age ,,,,what else is still there? Everything else is tolorated and/or ignored...well there is still sex, drugs and rock and roll!

easy44

Honestly, I don't know what there is to discuss about this subject. The OP pretty much defined the conditions here in the PH and, short of a bloody revolution (which ain't gonna happen) nothing is going to change. There is no Lee Kuan Yew to whip the country into shape and until one appears things will continue on exactly as they are. There is no incentive for any of the current politicians to change a thing. The deck is already stacked in their favor.

TheDuke

I guess it will be hard for me Skyman because I will do just like Elinel and do everything by the book here. I am no hero either.

Comment removed.

Edited by TheDuke

Davolives

We need to get off our high horses and stop judging these people. Maybe if we were in the same situation as them from the very start ( born and raised here ) we would act the same. Poor education, little or no hope, Very few jobs to be had and a government that doesn,t give a sh#t about them.

When the US first brought Blacks over to there country they didn,t excel much until they started to get a good education and a little opportunity and a few good men to lead them ( Martin Luther King ). Thats what the Philippines needs today is a few good men or women in the right places leading the way to change. There are a lot of good god fearing and honest Filipinos that would love to see a change in their country and would vote for and follow them ( as long as the bribes weren,t to high from the other candidates )lol. I have noticed a lot more friendliness and honesty that unfriendly and dishonest but sometimes desperation makes you do stupid things.

I believe that the people brought to the US were only Africans [ and not at all Americans] and that the main reason that they didnt excel much is because they were owned slaves. I wont discuss reiligion but I dont see what "god fearing" has the slightest thing to do with what kind of filipinos that want to see a change in this country.