Enuff

Bodos Bamboo Bar Resort (Triple B's) Alcoy

Enuff

Absolutely beautiful resort set on the hilltop along side National Hwy as entering Alcoy from Dalaguete.

Upon arrival, when you drive up their driveway, as soon as it levels out, straight ahead is a picturesque view of the ocean and palm trees. 12 rooms appointed perfectly with queen & twin beds, huge CR, table and chairs complete with coffee setup, mini fridge stocked with ice cold cokes and of grass going to the pool. Pool is about 8m x 14m, up to 6' deep and was clean. Hot tub also but more like x spa with jets (no hot water).

Ate dinner at the restaurant bar and chatted with the German owner a bit. He recommended the it potatoes included 2 Sunnyside up eggs, awesome. Drinks we had about 10 shots, 2 beers, 2 mango shakes and 7 jack & cokes. Surprised by the bill of only p3,600 with a 10% discount for hotel guests. Breakfast was equally delicious with a great German bread, crisp bacon and fresh fruits.

Standard rooms are p1950 walk-in and p2,950 for the 4 rooms with rear balcony over looking the ocean. They also are a tropical bird rescue center with about 13 tropical birds in huge cages.

The owners are a German husband and his Austrian wife. He is a musician and sound man. He even built a recording studio for p600k. The locals seem to enjoy the attention of a professional sound recording.

http://www.bbb-alcoy.com

8a44d61ec4a301faa43e2c79670a3141.jpg

ab8100a94c8f9000ae168b9690bbff2f.jpg

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

Davaoeno

Greg- I think the actual spelling is Bodo's  ??

• Like 1

samatm

looks great.  Do you have any   pics of the room?   is there   water access?     Swimming ?  etc

Thanx

Edited by samatm

maximian
45 minutes ago, samatm said:

looks great.  Do you have any   pics of the room?   is there   water access?     Swimming ?  etc

Thanx

There is a link at the bottom of Greg's review that takes you to the resorts website. Looks good.  

• Like 1

Salty Dog

I see the website says the name is Bodo´s Parrot Paradise Resort & Restaurant Alcoy, but in some places on the website they also call it Bodo's Bamboo Bar Resort Alcoy Cebu...

Salty Dog
9 hours ago, Enuff said:

...The owners are a German husband and his Austrian wife. He is a musician and sound man. He even built a recording studio for p600k. The locals seem to enjoy the attention of a professional sound recording.

billy

For a while Budos was leased out to new owners. Did the original owners of the property take it back? I’ve found the rooms and grounds to be very nice but the food was not up to par. Maybe that has changed

Enuff
For a while Budos was leased out to new owners. Did the original owners of the property take it back? I’ve found the rooms and grounds to be very nice but the food was not up to par. Maybe that has changed
Bodos has been around for 15 years, this German/Austrian couple has been leasing it for the last 7 years.

Gus
Bodos has been around for 15 years, this German/Austrian couple has been leasing it for the last 7 years.

Thats correct.
I bought a vehicle from them not long after they took over the lease of the resort .It , ( the Pajero ) was in the name of the original owner who still lived locally,and was supposedly doing some real estate deveolpment.

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

Enuff
Thats correct.
I bought a vehicle from them not long after they took over the lease of the resort .It , ( the Pajero ) was in the name of the original owner who still lived locally,and was supposedly doing some real estate deveolpment.

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

Yes, the German guy is still developing in Alcoy. Shocking to me the owner said there are over 200 Germans residing in Alcoy.