Enuff

I've been wanting to "test" amazon.com here so I finally found something worth ordering to try.

I ordered a Dymo Label Maker (available on Shopee & Lazada for about p2,300/$43).

I found on Amazon for p1930/$36 (label maker$17.72 + shipping & handling $18.48 total $36.20)

I ordered on Friday 8/17/18 and it delivered on Friday 8/24/18 via DHL.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Chris24

Nice.  Door to door to your residence?

Enuff
Nice.  Door to door to your residence?
Yes, was amazed it took exactly 1 week.

to_dave007
1 hour ago, Enuff said:

Yes, was amazed it took exactly 1 week.

I'm surprised..  VERY surprised..  Was there any import duty?  Anyone try this with something that required a duty to be paid to Bureau of Customs?  Does that get handled by DHL?

Did you get to choose DHL as courier of choice or did Amazon determine that directly?

Enuff
I'm surprised..  VERY surprised..  Was there any import duty?  Anyone try this with something that required a duty to be paid to Bureau of Customs?  Does that get handled by DHL?
Did you get to choose DHL as courier of choice or did Amazon determine that directly?
I didn't choose anything or pay anything extra at time of delivery.

• Like 1

Goetz1965

The local tax (US) is deducted when they send internationally.
Amazon then adds a charge for "tax declaration" but that usually doesnt make the item more expensive than it was with US tax (or german tax).
Good thing is - in case the local tax is lower than amazon expected you get a refund - happend to me once and the refund was on my amazon account 3 month later.
Delivery is either with DHL or with UPS - usually 5-6 days only.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lamoe

Bite is some of the things I wanted -kites believe it or not - LiPo batteries I understand  - can not be shipped here.

Size of package?

Flakes

We could do a group order next time it might lower the overall costs.

• Thanks 1

cookie47
Bite is some of the things I wanted -kites believe it or not - LiPo batteries I understand  - can not be shipped here.
Size of package?
Hi,
Lipo batteries create a difficulty in movement as we all know PH is one big archipelago.Air transport is problematic due to the regulations around Lipo batteries. The airlines have to go through some strict safety issues when requesting to carry at "commercial quantities".
I'm guessing that if they do arrive by plane its Manila and then shipped to all ports required. I don't know about recent travellers on the forum but when we checked in In Australia 6 months ago we were asked about lipo batteries in both our check in and hand carry...

https://www.cinema5d.com/new-regulations-regarding-flying-with-lipo-batteries/

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

GBT62

Most of the things I have searched that have then popped up as being on Amazon ..... they won't deliver to the Philippines, regardless of cost 🤨🔫

Goetz1965
4 hours ago, GBT62 said:

Most of the things I have searched that have then popped up as being on Amazon ..... they won't deliver to the Philippines, regardless of cost 🤨🔫

1) Klick the International Delivery BEFORE you search

2) If no one delivers https://johnnyairplus.com WILL - they have a branch in the Basement of SM City for Pickup - just ask them.
Regular smaller parcels are 1200php, larger or more than 3KG is then 2400 ... And so on - because Airfreight. They do send by ship too but that will take 3 month.

Headshot

I ordered a package from Amazon on Friday. It shipped the same day and made its way all the way to Cebu by Sunday afternoon. UPS delivered the package on Monday (no customs due). When I ordered, they said it would take 7 to 14 days to get here, so I wasn't expecting it to be delivered until sometime next week. I would imagine that it depends on a lot of things all going right to get here that quick, but this shows that it is possible (even without paying extra to have it expedited). I'm pretty impressed.

• Like 3

jtmwatchbiz

that's some speedy delivery!  

Headshot
14 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

that's some speedy delivery!  

Yeah, I was amazed too.

Freedvr72

Your so lucky. I was ordering each month on Amazon my first 6 months in Moalboal. USPS took only 2-3 days to get from America to Manila,  then usually only anothet 2 days handed over to customs then handed back to...*drum roll...PHILPOST where they send USPS a automated message to the tracking "attempted delivery, failed" this is before it's even left Manila for Cebu,  once it gets here I usually call over a dozen times, being told it's still in Manila, then told it's in Carcar, then told delivery driver only makes 2 runs a week here, then told it's in another Cebu office, each time, at the 2 weeks in Cebu mark, I finally reach a boiling point and start threatening to contact obusdsman and USPS, every time it has arrived "opened but nothing missing" next day at local post office where they want another 400 to 600 pesos despite 2 weeks sitting in Cebu and paying USPS for first class priority mail at a rate of about 2k pesos. BUT , I've always got it!! It was after 7th time I couldent handle the stress of what I have now heard is worst rated mail service in the world... PHILPOST. the domestic mail carriers are good (LBC) but I've heard the kids they use to hand deliver mail in Uganda to remote African villages have a better track record. Kiss "tracking" goodbye after Philpost gets it, they just keep putting 'attempted delivery,  failed". At first I actually believed their system error excuse, but after 4th time in a row, it's systematic corruption and pure laziness. NOTE: MY EXPERIENCE ONLY.

Now I use a local respected  Sari Sari store that owner uses FEDEX and initially had to talk driver in giving him directions,  but since I've been loyal customer, and your Filipino neighbors can be great help!! He lets me use his stores numbered store address for FEDEX , thank goodness. 

Edited by Freedvr72
  • Like 1