Irish_Geo

Oceanjet - Business class and porters

Irish_Geo
Posted (edited)

Question...

Last time I travelled back to Ireland from Ormoc to Cebu with Oceanjet I went through the usual process when I checked in and all was well.

Then, as I sat in my business class seat, reading a book on my tablet a porter appeared with my suitcase.

He seemed fairly intent on getting paid for doing so.

I said thanks and continued reading, he kept repeating "Porter Sir." Then again after a little delay, then again etc

I bit my tongue and refused to allow myself to have an "Irish" chat with the lad as he was obviously "At it."

Eventually he gave up and went back outside :)

Has this happened to you?  Do you pay them?

I pay 50php when I check in for my bag to be taken onboard - I didnt ask for it to be taken all the way up into the business class cabin and I have had it brought up before by porters but nobody's ever tried to get paid for doing so before...

Cheers,

Geo...

Edited by Irish_Geo
  • Like 2

Dafey

If I'm traveling business class I don't check my bag at the counter but will hand it to a porter as I make my way to the boat. Then I'll give him the 50 pesos

soupeod

Ive had them say dont pay me here pay on the other side. Going both ways. 50p a bag

savarity

I just carried my own bag last week coming from Ormoc The business class area was almost empty, me and one other person.

Sounds like this fellow gave it a shot, didn't get a tip, that's that, doesn't sound like a big deal.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Irish_Geo
Posted (edited)

No big deal for sure brother.

50php is less than a quid :)

Its the "lets get the dopey Puti nga Tawo to hand over some cash when they dont have to .." attitude that boils my piss at times..

Edited by Irish_Geo

SkyMan

I always tip big if I do a good job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

liquido
11 hours ago, Irish_Geo said:

Question...

Last time I travelled back to Ireland from Ormoc to Cebu with Oceanjet I went through the usual process when I checked in and all was well.

Then, as I sat in my business class seat, reading a book on my tablet a porter appeared with my suitcase.

I said thanks and continued reading, he kept repeating "Porter Sir." Then again after a little delay, then again etc

I bit my tongue and refused to allow myself to have an "Irish" chat with the lad as he was obviously "At it."

I pay 50php when I check in for my bag to be taken onboard - I didnt ask for it to be taken all the way up into the business class cabin and I have had it brought up before by porters but nobody's ever tried to get paid for doing so before...

Cheers,

Geo...

I like your style of business class traveling....

Davaoeno
11 hours ago, Irish_Geo said:

I have no problem with your post but I would appreciate it if you would post a link to a website that provides translations from Irish to English !! :rofl:

• Haha 1

hyaku
23 hours ago, Irish_Geo said:

Question...

Cheers,

Geo...

If I can't handle bags myself? I don't bring them. Learned my lesson years ago with Supercat (now 2Go). Porters grabbed our bags then tried to charge us three times the amount of the ticket. Security on Pier 1 will sometimes try to stop you and point to the baggage area. I just smile, point to all the Filipino carrying bags and walk on. All my bags have wheels anyway. 

aussiekangaroo
Posted (edited)

When we recently moved to Bohol we brought a fully loaded car worth of belongings, The security guy at the pier gate for the car said we had to check in all our bags but after my girl and the Winland security who was helping us pack all our things and lead us the way on his motor from LGF2 to the pier had a quick chat the security guy from winland just went and checked in for us & paid the terminal fee while we waited there with the fully loaded car then we gave a 40 peso tip to the pier guard and he let us proceed. probably would have cost alot if we had to check it all in and the pain of going through x-ray.

Edited by aussiekangaroo
  • Like 1

Daddy

From Dumaguete to Siquijor they insist on checking luggage, especialy anyone they think is a tourist. it is a riipoff at the dumaguete. I contacted Ocean jet office and made a complaint and I'm sure it went to the circular file if it even made it that far.

hyaku

Ocean Jet Ormoc is more easy going than 2 Go. But even then I have used boats in Ormoc for over 10 years. They get to know you. Watch out for the sniffer dog in 2Go. He has fleas that jump on your luggage.😂