BossHog

Help me pimp my router!

Woolf

I just had a look at the pictures in the OP

it has 4 lan port 

the lan ip of the modem-router is 192.168.254.254

if the is the router with the sim-card

there should be no problem connection a second router to one the lan ports

connect a cable from the second routers wan port to one the lan ports on the first router

it should work out the box, no need for any configuration

Woolf

@BossHog

Did you get that second router working 

GBT62
On 8/17/2018 at 11:53 AM, Woolf said:

I have tried using those, and was not satisfied with the performance, I have tried 2 sets

send one set back, the other set  I can not return, I have given up using them

I will not recommend  using them

with utp catx  you know it will work

Agree there.

I have used these in a small house - the bandwidth they resulted in was much less that advertised.

Like all network configurations, they constantly test the speed at which they can reliably work - and drop to a lower mutually agreed speed as quality deteriorates.

Even within a house they can and will drop far below their advertised max speed as there can be a lot of noise in powerlines - depending what other devices you are powering in the same circuit. They also will not work across all circuits in a house. Most of these limitiations are in the fine print of course.

I was successfully streaming HD (not UHD) video between 3 adjacent rooms on a single circuit with no other devices plugged in - without too many resets. If I ever used them again I'd keep the receipts though to return them if the results in-situ were too low.

Edited by GBT62

BossHog
On 9/10/2018 at 1:12 AM, Woolf said:

@BossHog

Did you get that second router working 

Well, I'm still in the same place. Globe box in the resto with the 80 meter Ethernet cable to the house. All working fine.

Wasn't able to get the secondary Globe box to work as an extender. Seems it's not designed for that.

Ordered an Asus router from Lazada but it hasn't shown up yet. When it arrives I'll put the Globe box in the house (higher elevation, clear line of sight to the tower, better signal) and connect the Asus router in the resto.

Lazada orders take forever here.Ordered a blender five weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived.

When the router eventually arrives I'll most likely bug you for assistance; you've been a great help so far. Cheers, mate.

Woolf

just connect the utp cable to one the rj45 sockets  on the globe box

and the other end the utp cable to the wan socket on the asus router and it should work