scoander

Nurses having to cover missing stock?

Davaoeno
3 hours ago, cookie47 said:

What a load of rubbish..        Theres a distinct difference between carelessness and accident.They are quite different in their description.

that is very observant of you .  Of course after a careful reading of my post you no doubt realized that I used the word " carelessness" and that I did not mention the cases of  "accidentally " !   I am so sorry that I didn't say what you wanted me to say . Perhaps next time send me a PM so I know what to say to meet with your expectations .

Otherwise I will continue to post using words of my own chosing .

Edited by Davaoeno

lamoe
10 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

There is a distinct similarity too.  Both maneuvers have the person responsible for the breakage saying:  Not my fault.

Third maneuver

Someones else's fault for which you are being blamed.

In the case of the coffee pot the responsible person for the "accident" wasn't there.

When very young, my grandson did break something in a store. I was holding his hand and he reached out - my fault - I offered to pay for it

"No sir, thanks for offering but that's why we have insurance".

Asked about that. If a buck or two they may eat it, if more, price tag and debris collected and claim at end of month filed.

Bed Bath & Beyond - at one time had ridiculous return policy -  over 1 year no receipt on Kitchen Aid stand blender ($$$$$)  -  happens even with best equipment - was in store buying a new one -looking at brands - store mgr asked if she could help - explained about old one -  "bring it in I'll replace it - no charge"

Question is - does that type of policy encourage "customer entitlement" OR a good marketing strategy to encourage customer loyalty?

Given the purchasing choices in the US even in a small city (150,000), competition is very strong unlike here where it's looking in 3 to 5 stores to find an item rather than having 10 stores with same item.

Enuff
Third maneuver
Someones else's fault for which you are being blamed.
In the case of the coffee pot the responsible person for the "accident" wasn't there.
When very young, my grandson did break something in a store. I was holding his hand and he reached out - my fault - I offered to pay for it
"No sir, thanks for offering but that's why we have insurance".
Asked about that. If a buck or two they may eat it, if more, price tag and debris collected and claim at end of month filed.
Bed Bath & Beyond - at one time had ridiculous return policy -  over 1 year no receipt on Kitchen Aid stand blender ($$$$$)  -  happens even with best equipment - was in store buying a new one -looking at brands - store mgr asked if she could help - explained about old one -  "bring it in I'll replace it - no charge"
Question is - does that type of policy encourage "customer entitlement" OR a good marketing strategy to encourage customer loyalty?
Given the purchasing choices in the US even in a small city (150,000), competition is very strong unlike here where it's looking in 3 to 5 stores to find an item rather than having 10 stores with same item.

In the USA those large box stores strongarm the manufacturers with ridiculous policies, often times some suit type makes an agreement that darn near cripples most companies. In turn they have to screw over their employees and shareholders or raise the cost adding in the "loss" factor.

Returns are extremely rare here as most are conditioned to accept the fact that inferior products are everywhere. Such is life.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

cookie47
In the USA those large box stores strongarm the manufacturers with ridiculous policies, often times some suit type makes an agreement that darn near cripples most companies. In turn they have to screw over their employees and shareholders or raise the cost adding in the "loss" factor.

Returns are extremely rare here as most are conditioned to accept the fact that inferior products are everywhere. Such is life.

Yes exactly, KMart in Australia has a no questions asked return policy.

You should see the queue at the returns counter in the new year with everybody "returning" Christmas presents that they didn't like or don't fit. Unfortunately (depends on your philosophy) everybody has accepted this as normal. When visiting relatives they always say "keep the receipts just in case " you don't like it".

Anyway this thread started as an employee breakage/loss issue and its gone off track.

I'm going to butt out now...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

lamoe
26 minutes ago, Enuff said:

Very true - they are conditioned - one of the few areas she and I disagree on

Have learned to not even touch a purchase if possible until a clerk checks that it's not broken or the thing even works  - zipper on bag - didn't, extension cord caught on fire in store (wasn't asked to pay for it - 😱) went to ACE

This conditioning - in my opinion - has  two results

The first is the foreigner is looked at with disdain for making a fuss about inferior quality / service

The next is, given the chance, they will exert control in small ways that foreigners see as being rude and impolite to others.

• Like 1

cookie47
Very true - they are conditioned - one of the few areas she and I disagree on
Have learned to not even touch a purchase if possible until a clerk checks that it's not broken or the thing even works  - zipper on bag - didn't, extension cord caught on fire in store (wasn't asked to pay for it - ) went to ACE
This conditioning - in my opinion - has  two results
The first is the foreigner is looked at with disdain for making a fuss about inferior quality / service
The next is, given the chance, they will exert control in small ways that foreigners see as being rude and impolite to others.

Last reply..........

I purchased some globes/bulbs at ACE. After deciding on what i needed i pick up the box and took off to the check out.
An employee called me and said he needed to check if they worked.

Although I had seen this done before it was totally alien to me.

Was the check for their benefit "or" mine....

lamoe
5 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Last reply..........

I purchased some globes/bulbs at ACE. After deciding on what i needed i pick up the box and took off to the check out.

Standard procedure here - conditioned response due to inferior quality shipped here - even to ACE

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

Enuff
Last reply..........

I bought a 3D coffee pot at Fooda. It's a decent brand name for me. They plugged it in and it got hot, it works sir. Next morning I filled it with water and it leaked on to the counter. I took it back next day, with receipt and original box. Went to customer service and said "it's broke". They called manager over, he looked at receipt and asked what's wrong, my reply "it's broke". He goes to the small appliance Dept and I follow. He asked the employee if he tested it and he said yes. So Mr manager unboxes it and plugs it in and says it's getting warm sir. I said yes but it's supposed to brew coffee. He instructs dong to get a pitcher of water. He pours it in and it runs all over their counter and sales stuff. I said "see, it's broke". They gave me a new one and tested it with water. It's still working fine.

• Like 3

lamoe
7 minutes ago, Enuff said:

I bought a 3D coffee pot at Fooda. It's a decent brand name for me. They plugged it in and it got hot, it works sir. Next morning I filled it with water and it leaked on to the counter. I took it back next day, with receipt and original box. Went to customer service and said "it's broke". They called manager over, he looked at receipt and asked what's wrong, my reply "it's broke". He goes to the small appliance Dept and I follow. He asked the employee if he tested it and he said yes. So Mr manager unboxes it and plugs it in and says it's getting warm sir. I said yes but it's supposed to brew coffee. He instructs dong to get a pitcher of water. He pours it in and it runs all over their counter and sales stuff. I said "see, it's broke". They gave me a new one and tested it with water. It's still working fine.

Same with the big box appliance store near True Value (tested with water) and Metro

Coffee pot / glass kettle

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

SkyMan
On 8/14/2018 at 8:06 AM, cookie47 said:

Last reply..........

I bought some small appliance and they wanted to test it.  I said, go ahead but if it doesn't work when I get home it's coming back.

The whole testing mentality is really annoying when it comes to computer parts.  To test a motherboard they have to unbox it, breaking the Do not buy if seal is broken seal.  Then they have to unbox a CPU, memory, PS and a HDD.  If it boots up they say it's good, take it apart again, and rebox.  But the taking apart could damage it and there's no saying the system would be fine under normal operations.  I have more confidence in the factory testing.

• Like 1

cookie47
I bought some small appliance and they wanted to test it.  I said, go ahead but if it doesn't work when I get home it's coming back.
The whole testing mentality is really annoying when it comes to computer parts.  To test a motherboard they have to unbox it, breaking the Do not buy if seal is broken seal.  Then they have to unbox a CPU, memory, PS and a HDD.  If it boots up they say it's good, take it apart again, and rebox.  But the taking apart could damage it and there's no saying the system would be fine under normal operations.  I have more confidence in the factory testing.
Wow, you make a good point.
I'd never believe that would happen to a motherboard.(testing). Without your post..

I've messed around with computers a bit and i know that to get a motherboard to fire up you need so many other peripherals.

Ill risk getting into trouble for saying this but i wonder what's happens when you buy "condoms"

TESTING SIR................