NigelandMJ

Camotes Electric

NigelandMJ
Posted (edited)

Ha, Went to pay the electric bill, day before yesterday. wife went in and got a ticket for 365, serving 340 something. after an hour she came out, said now 360 but brown out!!!! I said OK we wait a bit. later, looks like people are coming out with paid bills, so she when again, sorry brown out again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We did this several times . \\\wife spoke to security guy, he said Oh, Celco are only distribution. The power generation company are different.. I smell a rat here. We spent over 3 hours trying to pay our electric bill. Which I have to say is extortionate.(12.98per kph) And I dont understand  why they cant supply a reliable electricity supply. we have several black outs every single day. You dont know when or for how long.

Edited by oztony
correct title spelling

Woolf
18 minutes ago, NigelandMJ said:

wife spoke to security guy, he said Oh, Celco are only distribution. The power generation company are different.. I smell a rat here.

Why ???        That is normal

Enuff
Ha, Went to pay the electric bill, day before yesterday. wife went in and got a ticket for 365, serving 340 something. after an hour she came out, said now 360 but brown out!!!! I said OK we wait a bit. later, looks like people are coming out with paid bills, so she when again, sorry brown out again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We did this several times . \\\wife spoke to security guy, he said Oh, Celco are only distribution. The power generation company are different.. I smell a rat here. We spent over 3 hours trying to pay our electric bill. Which I have to say is extortionate.(12.98per kph) And I dont understand  why they cant supply a reliable electricity supply. we have several black outs every single day. You dont know when or for how long.
Do they have other payment options?

I dreded paying Globe, MCWD and Veco as all 3 hit different and you needed to go wait in line at SM, so I was told.

After extremely little research found out I can pay Globe online with credit card and I can pop into my favorite M Lhullier and see my girls when paying Veco. MCWD is the only bill I have to struggle with at SM now.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Woolf

I pay my VECO bill online from my BPI account   same with GLOBE

• Like 1

Enuff
I pay my VECO bill online from my BPI account   same with GLOBE
My funny BPI story.

Tuesday I needed to go to BPI to pay a visa fee. I walked in and the gaurd told me to stand in this line. 30+ people already sitting and 20 or so in line. I asked the guy in front of me what I'm standing in line for. He said to enter info into machine so you can get you tickets #.

It only took 2 hours in all.

I've never seen more than 4 people in my EastWest branch, which is why I prefer EastWest.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

smokey
3 hours ago, NigelandMJ said:

All of what you said PLUS the insult of charging for system loss

Dafey
3 hours ago, NigelandMJ said:

The power generation company are different

The power plant that 'supplies/produces' and the electric for your island is in Ormoc. So yes, it's a different company but affiliated. However, if you have brown outs every day the problem is on the Celco side. I live in western Leyte and have a brown out once every month or so. Friends in Ormoc have them very seldom. Tacloban across the mountain a little more often.

43 minutes ago, smokey said:

sorry brown out

Very sad the electric company doesn't have a generator. Our local lottery store, (about the size of a porta-pottie) has a generator!

Woolf
7 hours ago, smokey said:

All of what you said PLUS the insult of charging for system loss

What is system loss ??

Hoss

It is kind of strange that there are so many power outages...They are not making any money during a power outage...

Cgu
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

What is system loss ??

System loss is what you pay what other "steal". This is the reason they do not care if they cannot charge all the electricity they buy - the difference is shouldered by the legal payers. Additionally the old equipment they use has some loss as well, also shouldered by the legal consumers, so they do not care to update their grid.

Woolf

Under what part of the bill is system loss listed ??

I do not have a bill here but as far as I remember it is under transmission cost

transmission lines  are either 138,000 volts or 69,000 volts

do you really think that people are stealing from those lines, I think if you try you will be dead in less than a second

veco distribution.png

Cgu
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

I do not have a bill here but as far as I remember it is under transmission cost

Whatever is produced, will be charged. No party will ever lose any money, all losses are charged to the consumer. System loss Charge (notice including non-technical, meaning subsidizing all squatters, who want to watch TV, refrigerator, charging phones .- its a way that the government subsidizes electricity for the ones that cannot afford it and of course the power companies refuse to pay for it. Its like an SSS system )

Systems Loss Charge
It is the electricity used up (lost) in the distribution system for delivering power from VECO's receiving point to the consumer's metering point. This represents both technical and non-technical system losses. The Energy Regulatory Commission has set this at 8.5% for private distribution utilities as provided by Republic Act (R.A.) 7832.

Woolf
Posted (edited)

Veco has done a lot to minimize stealing of electricity

In squatter and low income areas veco installs the meters on poles 

then they can not steal from veco only from each other

see picture below

I am still pretty sure that system loss ib liste under transmission cost on the veco bill

if my meter was installed  like on the picture, I would have a slave meter installed at my house,

so I could check it against the veco bill

Relateret billede

Edited by Woolf

Cgu
17 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Veco has done a lot to minimize stealing of electricity

Yes, maybe they improved, but still, there is a lot of "stealing/subsidizing". They really do not have incentives to stop it, as they will charge it through the system loss (as long as the "system loss" does not exceed 8.5%, which is a lot....

They will steal before the meter is attached, not after, as then, of course, you alone will shoulder the loss (and you can control it - this is sometimes done with the water, as this is much harder to control). If it is done before the meter, the loss will be distributed among all legal consumers. Everybody knows when the VECO guy is coming to read the meter - just detached it for an hour and then reattach.

17 minutes ago, Woolf said:

am still pretty sure that system loss ib liste under transmission cost on the veco bill

Could be, you know how they are here - just check their page and they have an explanation for everything - no need to argue where it is listed - just follow their rule 🤣

http://www.veco.com.ph/page.html?main=clients&sub1=your bill&sub2=unbundled rates

to_dave007

I pay CEBECO Electric at Prince Warehouse