Enuff

Cheap airport hotel

Enuff

We have a 520am flight, looking for a cheap but decent accommodation near the airport.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

GwapoGuy

Places I have stayed in Lapu2x and would recommend:

Express Inn

Chambre Hotel

ACE Pension

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man
1 hour ago, Enuff said:

We have a 520am flight

You could stay anywhere in Cebu or Mandaue and catch a taxi at 3 or 4 am (depending on what time you want to arrive at the airport).

At that time of the morning, it is only 15 minutes from Mandaue or 20 to 25-minutes ride from downtown Cebu.  You will have to get a cab anyway unless you stay at the Airport Waterfront so just get whatever hotel you are fond of.  There are a couple of decent places in the J-Mall area of Mandaue where it is easy to get a cab in the wee hours.

I personally like the convenience of staying at the Airport Waterfront but it costs $100 a night so I often stay at Toyoko Inn, J-Mall for about 1,500 and get a taxi from there.  Each person will have their own preferences.

• Like 4

GwapoGuy
1 hour ago, GwapoGuy said:

Places I have stayed in Lapu2x and would recommend:

Express Inn

Chambre Hotel

ACE Pension

Let me expound a bit on my recommendations:

Express Inn would be my last choice if the other two were not available.

ACE is on the National Highway right across from Gaisano Mall. They have been fixing the property up over the years. Rooms are big and not carpeted and the furnishings were a bit dated the last time I stayed there.

Chambre is less then two years old and located on a quiet side street near the old bridge. Best rate I got was through Expedia.

• Like 1

liquido
Jester

I love the posts,  only takes XX amount of time to get to the airport.  Last trip we were pointed to some biker bar, roach motel near the airport.  We were near the kitchen so lots of roach's.

Early in the morning there was something going on and traffic was at a standstill.   Took us an hour to get to the airport, If it was not for our bags we could have walked there faster! 

In my experience,  you might get there quickly or ever so slooooooooooooooooly.   And I do not have a recommended place to stay near the airport.  

Gus

Park Hill ..

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Enuff

Ended up booking at Radisson with reward points.

Thanks for the information guys

to_dave007
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Toyoko Inn, J-Mall for about 1,500 and get a taxi from there.

Toyoko has a free airport shuttle.  I think it runs hourly on the hour.

Took it to airport once (was good), but never from airport.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1

A_Simple_Man
6 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Toyoko has a free airport shuttle.  I think it runs hourly on the hour.

Correct, but not at that time of the morning (I asked for a previous flight and I think the first shuttle is at 5 am)

• Like 1

SkyMan

Last flight out was early AM also and considered staying a night near the airport but decided to just arrange for an early AM taxi and hung out a few hours in the lounge before the flight.

Enuff
Last flight out was early AM also and considered staying a night near the airport but decided to just arrange for an early AM taxi and hung out a few hours in the lounge before the flight.
How did you arrange an early AM taxi?

Last time we had an early flight we took jeepney from Bajac to Yati and woke up the driver, but that was at 430am.

SkyMan
13 hours ago, Enuff said:

How did you arrange an early AM taxi?

Last time we had an early flight we took jeepney from Bajac to Yati and woke up the driver, but that was at 430am.

The wife arranged it and the price the day before.  I think he came about 130AM.  At that time it's a half hour maybe.  With tip it was still less than half a night in a hotel.

• Like 1

Enuff
The wife arranged it and the price the day before.  I think he came about 130AM.  At that time it's a half hour maybe.  With tip it was still less than half a night in a hotel.
True, but free is always best

• Thanks 1

captainpete

Ace pension is ok right next to the mall and free shuffle to the airport stayed there a couple of times

• Like 1