soupeod
Posted (edited)

Picture of prices shows in preview but not after submitting.

Edited by soupeod

oztony
24 minutes ago, soupeod said:

Looks like something failed to upload ....{or you just didn't feel like saying much..😁} , because the cupboard is bare here amigo.....

• Like 1

soupeod
1 hour ago, oztony said:

Looks like something failed to upload ....{or you just didn't feel like saying much..😁} , because the cupboard is bare here amigo.....

I will upload the pics later from the Pc.

soupeod

IMG_2511.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

soupeod
Posted (edited)

(Will upload later)

Edited by soupeod
  • Like 1

soupeod

The staff where very friendly, professional and kind.  Hot water in the showers. Bathtub in the superior suite. All have aircon. Standard room was just a bit smaller but all had plenty of room.  The small restro had aircon and a secure parking area.

IMG_2501.JPG

IMG_2499.JPG

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2498.JPG

IMG_2497.JPG

IMG_2502.JPG

IMG_2503.JPG

IMG_2504.JPG

IMG_2505.JPG

IMG_2506.JPG

IMG_2507.JPG

IMG_2508.JPG

IMG_2509.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

savarity

Thanks, im in Tacloban now and will be in Ormoc within days, good to have this info.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

fordtech

If I stay over in Ormoc I always stay at IALodge, will check this place out. Thanks

• Like 1

Dafey

Wow!!! A bathtub! Nice report, thx

1 hour ago, fordtech said:

always stay at IALodge

We usually stay at the IALodge but they raised their prices last time and Pongo's is now comperable. Worth a try. Also the parking will make a difference. The location of both are good.

@soupeod, how was the resto menu?

• Like 1

soupeod
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Wow!!! A bathtub! Nice report, thx

We usually stay at the IALodge but they raised their prices last time and Pongo's is now comperable. Worth a try. Also the parking will make a difference. The location of both are good.

@soupeod, how was the resto menu?

I did not look at the menu but you are about a block or two away from the bus term and all eating establishments. The SanMg was cold 😄

• Like 2

savarity

I'm staying in IALodge now (1,150, deluxe, no view) and walked around and took a look at most of the other hotel rooms around town today.

Between IALodge and Pongso, I'd say the difference is new but a small and basic room in IA, compared to old but larger and nicer furnished rooms in Pongso.

Decided to go with David's Inn for the rest of my stay though, 1050 for a premium room with fridge, balcony, and semi-private rooftop lounge. Their 800p standard rooms are just fine too, but no fridge.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Dafey

The thing about the IA Lodge with no view is it's very quiet day or night so no traffic noise from the street.

16 minutes ago, savarity said:

Decided to go with David's Inn for the rest of my stay

I've driven by David's and seen it on the web...can you give us a miny report?

• Like 2

A_Simple_Man
3 minutes ago, savarity said:

the difference is new but a small and basic room in IA, compared to old but larger and nicer furnished rooms in Pongso.

That's because IA was totally destroyed by Yolanda and had to be rebuilt and Pongos survived the storm pretty good.  Where would you rather stay this typhoon season? 😁😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A_Simple_Man
Just now, Dafey said:

can you give us a miny report?

Stayed there many times in the past.  Current reviews may be different but one thing has likely not changed.  They have some good prices if you book in advance but if you just show up:  "Sorry, all the cheap rooms are sold out but we have some very nice rooms for some extra money."   Me:  "But there is no one else in the hotel and its already 4 PM"  Clerk:  "Yes Sir, but they all have reservations so they will maybe all come later on.

• Like 2

fordtech

I like  having KFC and McDonald's right next door to IALodge. Plus its right next door to the Van and Bus terminal. 

• Like 3