Cgu

Road widening Phil Style

Cgu
Posted (edited)

Drove up to Liloan along the coastal road and it seems that they plan to widen the road to 4 lanes. These pictures were taken in Tayud Liloan. It seems whenever they come across a tree, post or even a hydrant, they just omit this littel section. It is really hilarious and so funny (and at the same time so dumb). I think it becomes rather 2 lanes plus plenty of markets around .....poor people who have to commute up north. They really do not spare the poor people with anything...

anything and 1.jpg.51fa73949417e7a7bc51e689d4f79f12.jpg put them more and more in 3.thumb.jpg.e444cbbcb4d8b9de84bde29e6ef12244.jpg their misery....

2.jpg

Edited by Cgu
  • Thanks 1

savarity

They did that in a street near mid-town Cebu City too, not far from me. Paved around two trees, which are now in a lane. I don't know why.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

lamoe
5 hours ago, savarity said:

They did that in a street near mid-town Cebu City too, not far from me. Paved around two trees, which are now in a lane. I don't know why.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Were told to pave the road not remove obstacles.

Same with sidewalk on Escario leading to Osmena near 7/11

hyaku
Posted (edited)

Most of the road widening here results in creating a rice drying area. If a road is widened from two to four lanes? They "still' drive down the outside/passing lane.

Edited by hyaku
  • Thanks 2

SkyMan

Fecking disaster isn't it?  Started about 6 years ago after they opened the Cansaga Bridge.  Anyone with any sense would have said "Hey, you're going to need to widen that road.  How about do that before opening the bridge when there's next to no traffic?"  No, let's open the bridge to show how we're helping traffic.  After 6 years "improving" the road, it is now about as good as it was before they started.  The 2 lanes they had were a bit cracked in some places but perfectly passable.  They started on the right track by adding lanes to the outside but then decided they wanted to tear up the existing road.  Numerous rumors as to why they stopped including right-of-way battles (some between different gov't branches) but mainly I'm sure the money has been funneled off to other projects/pockets.

Even with the carp road, the new bridge way was so popular the light at UN Blvd was backing up traffic on the Mactan bridge so they shut it down and required everyone to turn right, then do a UTurn which effed everything up worse.  

They widened the Mandaue side right after the bridge opened with asphalt.  Someone had died along the road and they had the mourners tent out in the road.  They paved right up to the tent, stopped and started paving again after the tent.  They came back a week later and paved the tent patch but it just blows your mind they would do that.

• Thanks 1

Cgu
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Someone had died along the road and they had the mourners tent out in the road.  They paved right up to the tent, stopped and started paving again after the tent.  They came back a week later and paved the tent patch but it just blows your mind they would do that.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I had a good laugh driving up there seeing that, but this tops it all!!!!!! If I hadn't seen the ongoing construction now, I would never believe your story....