DeedleNuts

Entering with Filipino Wife

DeedleNuts

So I've entered PH quite a few times in the past, but is the procedure any different if it's the whole family entering together? She is filipino with a PH passport, and she will have her son and husband with her. How does that work? Which VISA is best? Do they all line up like foreigners or what?

Probably going into Manila if it matters.

Asking for a friend ;)

Woolf

http://www.philembassy.no/consular-services/visa/balikbayan-program

Balikbayan Program

The Balikbayan Program as instituted by Republic Act 6768 (amended by Republic Act 9174) was launched by the Philippine Government to attract and encourage overseas Filipinos to come and visit their motherland. This is in recognition of their contribution to the economy of the country through the foreign exchange inflow and revenues that they generate.

The program allows visa-free entry to the Philippines for a period of one (1) year for foreign passport holders, with the exception of visa-required nationals.
The term "balikbayan" shall mean

A former Filipino citizen with foreign passport and members of his/her family. The term “family” shall mean the spouse and minor children of the balikbayan (who are not balikbayan in their own right) who are travelling to the Philippines together with the balikbayan

A Filipino citizen who has been continuously out of the Philippines for a period of at least one (1) year from the date of last departure and their families

A Filipino overseas worker

Balikbayans traveling to the Philippines are advised to declare before the Philippine Immigration Officer at the port of entry that he/she is availing of the privilege and has to present either their old Philippine passport or copy of Philippine birth certificate as proof of their former Philippine citizenship.
Accompanying family members of the balikbayan should bring appropriate supporting documents:

For the spouse: copy of marriage certificate

For each child: copy of birth certificate

For adopted children: copy of adoption papers

Aside from visa-free entry to the Philippines, Philippine Law (R.A. 9174) provides benefits to balikbayans:

Tax-exempt maximum purchases in the amount of USD 1,500, or the equivalent in Philippine and other currency, at Philippine Government–operated duty free shops

Exemption from Travel Tax, provided that their stay in the Philippines is one year or less. If their stay in the Philippines exceeds one year, Travel tax will apply to them.

• Like 1

LechonBuddha

We've received a BB stamp the last two times we've arrived in Manila. The wife simply approaches Immigration guy or gal, hands over our U.S. Passports and after a few second of chat receives the BB stamp while I hover behind her. We carrry our documents but have never been asked for them. Last time our adult son travelled with us and he too received a BB stamp. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

cookie47
We've received a BB stamp the last two times we've arrived in Manila. The wife simply approaches Immigration guy or gal, hands over our U.S. Passports and after a few second of chat receives the BB stamp while I hover behind her. We carrry our documents but have never been asked for them. Last time our adult son travelled with us and he too received a BB stamp. 

Agree 100%.
I've been availing A Balakbayan for 30 + years.
Never a problem (Based on Cebu).
Always stand in background and smile, look at officer, only speak when asked. Let wife do all the talking,never had a grumpy BI officer. We've never been asked for proof of marriage even prior to my wife traveling on Philippine passport and me on Australian,(only asked "Bana Mamm" ). Dress well ( for the climate.). This has been our experience,others may have had a different outcome.......

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

MickyG

I think the question relates to the line up as it is usually either foreign or domestic. We have used which ever line up is shortest and they process the same way. they do understand that families should stay together as there may be questions for all .  Last time we used the air line staff booth as there was no line up. Others were being guided to the diplomatic booth for the same reason.

Just make sure you do have the correct papers to support the process you are using.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

cookie47
I think the question relates to the line up as it is usually either foreign or domestic. We have used which ever line up is shortest and they process the same way. they do understand that families should stay together as there may be questions for all .  Last time we used the air line staff booth as there was no line up. Others were being guided to the diplomatic booth for the same reason.

Just make sure you do have the correct papers to support the process you are using.
We use the senior pwd line. Its great "sometimes" getting old....

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

SkyMan
18 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

Probably going into Manila if it matters.

Asking for a friend ;)

If your friend's ultimate goal is somewhere on Luzon then that's a good choice.  Otherwise, not.  :)  Either way, it matters.

DeedleNuts
41 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

If your friend's ultimate goal is somewhere on Luzon then that's a good choice.  Otherwise, not.  :)  Either way, it matters.

Some family in Manila and then on to the in-laws near Surigao. 

• Like 1