xylo7

Greetings.

xylo7

I am so glad to see that living in Cebu is back on Tapatalk. I joined about seven years ago, but I was just a lurker, just reading the posts, but now I want to get more involved now that it is more convenient! I am seriously considering Cebu City or its vicinity for spending at least part of the year in retirement. I am also considering Kuala Lumpur. I'm 42, single, no kids, & was in the Air Force. As of this post, I've been to the Philippines 5 times, and maybe spend 6 months total there. Thanks to those that contribute to make this form so great, it is really stood the test of time. And I hope to learn from the mistakes of others here!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

RogerDuMond

welcome

Headshot

Welcome to LinC Forums, and thank you for your service.

Enuff

You're welcome and welcome to LinC

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Dafey

Welcome Xylo. Ask if you have questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flakes
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, xylo7 said:

I am so glad to see that living in Cebu is back on Tapatalk. I joined about seven years ago, but I was just a lurker, just reading the posts, but now I want to get more involved now that it is more convenient! I am seriously considering Cebu City or its vicinity for spending at least part of the year in retirement. I am also considering Kuala Lumpur. I'm 42, single, no kids, & was in the Air Force. As of this post, I've been to the Philippines 5 times, and maybe spend 6 months total there. Thanks to those that contribute to make this form so great, it is really stood the test of time. And I hope to learn from the mistakes of others here! emoji4.png

Welcome yes but i think u have joined for the wrong reasons because far as i know absolutely none of us have made any mistakes here..

Edited by Flakes
  • Like 2

Headshot
9 minutes ago, Flakes said:

far as i know absolutely none of us have made any mistakes here..

I've made plenty of mistakes over the years. I just try to learn from them and move on. In fact, I don't think I know anybody who hasn't made any mistakes.

xylo7

Everyone else here may have a different story but generally what I have heard for beginners or newbies to Philippines is don't buy a place and don't get married straight away. These are the most common mistakes it seems.

• Like 1

battleborn

Welcome

Dafey
12 hours ago, xylo7 said:

don't buy a place and don't get married straight away

That's a misquote...it's don't get married!

GwapoGuy
On 7/10/2018 at 10:13 AM, xylo7 said:

I am so glad to see that living in Cebu is back on Tapatalk. I joined about seven years ago, but I was just a lurker, just reading the posts, but now I want to get more involved now that it is more convenient!

Mabuhay! Pretty much in the same banka as you. My first visit was in 2005 and I joined this forum in 2010 and was mainly a lurker until last year.🤨

• Like 1