Sign in to follow this  
samatm

Pre Paid SIM cards in USA ?

samatm

ITs been a while since I've been home.     When i get off the airplane in Dallas will I be able to find Prepaid Sim cards for sale in the Airport.       Im thinking I will register 1 day of Globe  DAta roaming so that i can communicate until i can find suitable SIM card.  Any thoughts or experiences for using your cell phone in the USA.  

Lee
1 hour ago, samatm said:

ITs been a while since I've been home.     When i get off the airplane in Dallas will I be able to find Prepaid Sim cards for sale in the Airport.       Im thinking I will register 1 day of Globe  DAta roaming so that i can communicate until i can find suitable SIM card.  Any thoughts or experiences for using your cell phone in the USA.  

T‑MOBILE TOURIST PLAN

Live like a local for only $30.

Visiting the U.S.? This 3-week plan gives you 1,000 minutes of talk, unlimited text and data, with up to 2GB of 4G LTE data.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

DeedleNuts

Buy a ting SIM on Amazon, for $6 a month you can have a USA number, and if your phone supports WiFi calling you can use it back in PH as well when connected to WiFi. The $6 comes with a little time and data, and they then charge in stages as you go. 

It will connect to the t-mobile network.

smokey

Not all phones from philippines will work in us i just bought another phone in us and carry a pre paid load from walmart works for me and if you have no internet in us even 8gb of data is not enough

MarinePride

Find a Walmart and buy a StraightTalk sim card.  They have 30 day plans that start at $35.  My phone is a GSM type phone.  

smokey

I took my LG styles 2 to Walmart for a sim and the straight talk one did not work 

samatm
T‑MOBILE TOURIST PLAN
Live like a local for only $30.
Visiting the U.S.? This 3-week plan gives you 1,000 minutes of talk, unlimited text and data, with up to 2GB of 4G LTE data.
OK great suggestions... So what about when you get off the plane. Are Sim cards available for sale. At Heathrow 5 years ago they had vending machines.. With a membership cards and plans... Anything like that in the USA? I mean I will need to communicate before I make it to a Walmart

Sent from my CPH1613 using Tapatalk

Lee
27 minutes ago, samatm said:

OK great suggestions... So what about when you get off the plane. Are Sim cards available for sale. At Heathrow 5 years ago they had vending machines.. With a membership cards and plans... Anything like that in the USA? I mean I will need to communicate before I make it to a Walmart

It will depend on the airport you arrive in but I suspect most international airports should have stores that sell sim cards, I know Atlanta did when we arrived in May of this year and JFK had them when we arrived in May of last year, what international airport will you arrive into the US?

samatm
It will depend on the airport you arrive in but I suspect most international airports should have stores that sell sim cards, I know Atlanta did when we arrived in May of this year and JFK had them when we arrived in May of last year, what international airport will you arrive into the US?
Houston Geo Bush. Ya. I think i shan't fret it. Will buy one day of globe data roaming... So I can access immediately

• Like 1

DeedleNuts
On 7/7/2018 at 6:13 AM, samatm said:

Amazon will probably deliver one to you now. You can set up WiFi calling and try it from PH. 

Woolf
Posted (edited)

@samatm

IAH has free WIFI

You can use skype, to call landline and cell phone numbers

https://www.skype.com/en/features/call-phones-and-mobiles/

Call mobile and landline numbers

https://www.fly2houston.com/iah/services/

Wi-Fi

Each terminal (including the parking garages) at IAH features Free Airport Wi-Fi.

1. Click the Wi-Fi icon on your device.
2. Select "Free Airport WIFI" from the list of SSID network options.
3. The Airport's Wi-Fi splash page will open automatically.
4. Agree to the terms and click “submit.”
5. You are now connected.

Wi-Fi help desk:  1-844-310-9990

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

Woolf

@samatm

You can also get a USA local number, so that people in usa can call you on a local number

https://secure.skype.com/my/skype-number/select/US

• Like 1