CommanderData

Cebu-Mactan Terminal 2 International Experiences

Enuff
How long had you been out of country?  How long was your last stay in PR?
Was only gone 2 weeks. Had new passport so no previous activity showing

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Rexsmith

I am back in this new terminal. Cheapest cappuccino coffee I can find is 180 Peso. What bullshit. 

Rexsmith

Wifi sucks also. 

rizla
7 hours ago, Rexsmith said:

I am back in this new terminal. Cheapest cappuccino coffee I can find is 180 Peso. What bullshit. 

Coffee is more expensive than 180 pesos at Birmingham airport, UK.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

liquido

Flew into and out of term 1 today...What a welcome differance with term 2 being open...Walking through term 1 was a breeze with no lines anywhere...It also makes a big differance with school being in session...I must say it was strange only seeing a handful of Koreans...

Jack Rat
On 7/10/2018 at 1:18 AM, rizla said:

Coffee is more expensive than 180 pesos at Birmingham airport, UK.

Yea but the cups are much larger!

smokey

Domestic yuk.  Same old stuff more stores but same old stuff oh did have a sandwich and coffee. 750 peso

rep1
On 7/9/2018 at 5:53 PM, Rexsmith said:

see that's why I tell everyone to go to the lounge. A tiny kid-sized meal with a few cups of coffee could easily reach 1000.

Excellent experience today. The terminal looks great and processing was very efficient, went through in about 5 minutes, mostly just walking. Lounge was ready. Much bigger, open view to enjoy the sky, and hot shower! Food was the same and flight screen was offline but it takes only one elevator to reach the gates.

PeteHK
Posted (edited)

Arrived back yesterday on the CX flight from HK at around 11.00hrs.  Very pleasant experience in arrivals though it seems to take forever to get the skybridge or gate to the plane.  On the upside passengers can now disembark through two plane exits instead of one as in the old terminal.  

When I got to Immigration I asked an officer where the line for Seniors is.  There are no signs yet but yesterday he directed to the line on the left side (facing the desks) - it went to the desk marked Cashier.  Very short wait.  So if you don't see it just ask.

The baggage carousels are greatly improved and the baggage arrival time was very short.  Just be reminded that we are now back to filling in the (same old) customs declaration form - which was not available on the CX flight - but which can be picked up from CX ground staff or in the arrivals hall.  I guess this may be a temporary arrangement until the x-ray machines are installed.  

Everyone in Arrivals was very friendly.  The Customs staff were particularly cheerful!  Just told them I lived here with my wife and they waived me through.

Edited by PeteHK
  • Like 2

CommanderData

Arrival Experience:

Flew back into Cebu on Friday 8/3, arrived about 10:45 AM with Cathay Pacific.

The new Terminal 2 arrivals area seems so much busier! Line was huge compared to my last arrival at the same time in May at the old terminal. Uncertain if this is due to inefficient processing of people, or if there are schedule changes that added more international arrival flights in the morning? I was the first one off my flight so none of them had flown in with me 🙂

PeteHK mentioned that signs are not great when entering the immigration area, I agree completely. In addition to no "Seniors" lane signage, they don't have specific signs for diplomat or APEC lane either... walked over to the lady at the left and showed my APEC card and she confirmed just to walk straight up to that "cashier desk". No wait there, I probably saved 30-45 minutes.

Customs forms are being handed out as you walk down to passport control area. I tried to wave it off saying I had nothing to declare but they said it doesn't matter and everyone must fill them out now. Huge mess of people after passport control in the baggage claim area trying to find enough space and pens to fill out Customs forms now.

With only a carry on backpack and nothing to wait for or declare I scribbled onto the form while standing as best I could using my passport as a flat surface. Walked up and handed it to the guy and he waved me right out, didn't even bother reading the form! Hopefully this is only temporary, as it doesn't seem to be useful for us or them 🙈

Upon exiting the arrivals / baggage area the "cab lines" are much closer now, using the coverage of the upper departures walkway for shade/shelter from rain. I should say "line for cabs" instead as there were no actual cabs, just a huge line of people waiting for white cabs and none in sight! One lonely yellow cab prior to the huge waiting line for white cabs, so I took it 👍

Hopefully they will continue to work out kinks and improve the arrivals process over the next few months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

wondersailor

I flew in on July 10th. Looks like customs has stepped up their game. One of my checked bags

had a big chalk x on it and on the way to the customs desk was greeted by 5 agents. I was bringing in a pc monitor and was treated like i had a kilo of heroin. They were all over it. After I explained what had, the last agent asked "used, right ?" . I said "of course", " your good to go", and out the door i went. Some things never change 😃.

• Like 3

GwapoGuy
On 8/5/2018 at 10:48 PM, wondersailor said:

I flew in on July 10th. Looks like customs has stepped up their game. One of my checked bags had a big chalk x on it and on the way to the customs desk was greeted by 5 agents.

The big X must have been put on the last time your bad was screened, maybe your departure city?

wondersailor
1 hour ago, GwapoGuy said:

The big X must have been put on the last time your bad was screened, maybe your departure city?

Maybe, but considering how easily the x was to wipe off and the fact that i was stopped twice by customs, my address tag checked twice before the customs desk, and all after midnight? Maybe. Who knows?