soupeod

Filipino Culture vs. American Culture

soupeod

• Like 2

Bob in Iligan

That was actually pretty good, as far as what she covered.

By far the most pleasurable thing for me about Filipino culture is the lack of feminism.  That means the women are feminine!  They're the most  beautiful women in the world, objectively, but beauty is as beauty does.

So speaking of which the Filipinas are team players.   They aren't filled with hate over ten thousand years of patriarchy, toxic masculinity, sexism, blah blah blah.  

What I don't understand about women in the west is the self-loathing over motherhood.   Filipinas are all about being moms.   Hooray!   Because I have kids.  They're zealous about family and I want to zero in on that here.

Guys who look into Filipinas as wives sometimes complain that when you marry a Filipina, you marry her family.   What kind of retard complains about that?   The whole reason, for me, in going Filipina was zealous family committment.  The trick is you make yourself her family.   If you spend a lot of time in the Philippines, you enjoy all the things her extended family does for you and your kids.   If she was just a mail order bride and you don't spend any time in the Philippines, then you send money.   It's generally a one-way street.   She's gonna be a great wife, but you're missing out.  

You want all the homeys filling up the bar watching Manny Pacquiao kick the shit out of someone with you.   Bringing your posse out to do some construction.  Takin' out the fishing boat and hauling in nets of fish and crab.  They're going to be thrilled to do stuff with you.  

That's what I like about Filipino culture.  

• Like 2

savarity

Taking care of an extended family CAN (didn't say, will) be expensive. High maintenance, I think that is what a lot of guys are talking about. I know I couldn't cover a whole family's expenses, so that's one reason why I've never been married.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Bob in Iligan

Yes, absolutely I understand your perspective and it is most certainly what a lot of other guys are talking about.

Now, my take on culture is very different from the typical American.  I mean the kind of culture I want to participate in.

I have kids with my Filipina wife, so that changes a lot about what a man would be interested in doing, like marrying.

But I look at my Filipina extended family as a construction company.   A service company.  But it's a nonprofit like a Church, even - like the Hutterites or Menonites sort of.   In the respect that everyone throws their weight in, and resources are allocated by the family towards mutually agreed upon investments.   

If you do not have a strong family or religous bond in this kind of set-up then you have a disaster.   Your father-in-law has to be a guy you can stand next to and build a house and breakwater with.   The brothers have to be people you are thrilled to have pulling nets or carrying hollow block.   That's a lot of fun for me.  

So you know, a family member approaches me, and I say here comes someone who can work.   When a family member approaches you, then we say it is someone with their hand out.   

And that explains the kinds of decisions we've made.   Neither is better than the other.   It just helps to see the different perspectives.  

Jack Rat
4 hours ago, Bob in Iligan said:

By far the most pleasurable thing for me about Filipino culture is the lack of feminism.  That means the women are feminine!  They're the most  beautiful women in the world, objectively, but beauty is as beauty does.

So speaking of which the Filipinas are team players.   They aren't filled with hate over ten thousand years of patriarchy, toxic masculinity, sexism, blah blah blah.  

What I don't understand about women in the west is the self-loathing over motherhood.   Filipinas are all about being moms.   Hooray!   Because I have kids.  They're zealous about family and I want to zero in on that here.

Guys who look into Filipinas as wives sometimes complain that when you marry a Filipina, you marry her family.   What kind of retard complains about that?   The whole reason, for me, in going Filipina was zealous family committment.  The trick is you make yourself her family.   If you spend a lot of time in the Philippines, you enjoy all the things her extended family does for you and your kids.   If she was just a mail order bride and you don't spend any time in the Philippines, then you send money.   It's generally a one-way street.   She's gonna be a great wife, but you're missing out.  

You want all the homeys filling up the bar watching Manny Pacquiao kick the shit out of someone with you.   Bringing your posse out to do some construction.  Takin' out the fishing boat and hauling in nets of fish and crab.  They're going to be thrilled to do stuff with you.  

Filipino women are truly feminine and beautiful to boot. The evil tentacles of feminism haven't reached these shores, 'yet'....

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, Jack Rat said:

Filipino women are truly feminine and beautiful to boot. The evil tentacles of feminism haven't reached these shores, 'yet'....

Fat filipinas.jpg

• Haha 1

smokey
6 hours ago, Bob in Iligan said:

So to praise one culture you need to show the other one sucks .i think culture is overrated its the interation between humans that makes or breaks a marriage

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2