MrSuave

I'll be back!

MrSuave
On 7/6/2018 at 5:11 AM, easy44 said:

Sorry but I can't imagine living on Bantayan full time. I like the place for a 2 or 3 day visit, but it's just too small and lacking in basic amenities.  Other than a nice beach there is nothing else interesting at all.

Santa Fe and Bantayan Town have some really good restaurants, which were hard to find when I lived in Albuera, Leyte.  (That may have changed since I left). There is also a very good foreigner community there. Very few sexpats. Good men and women expats too. It's also a tourist area so I can meet tourists from around the world. It has one the best Holy Week parades in the country so I can meet, and possibly do business with locals from all over the country. Very few homeless, low crime rate, most locals speak better English than other places I've lived in the Philippines.  I like being in a town where I know everyone and everyone knows me. I know most of the down sides to living on Bantayan, but having friends and family there makes up for most of it. Yes, we'll probably have to make monthly runs to a city to purchase some items but I look at it as a short vacation every month. There are four close cities we can go to for shopping, Cebu, Ormoc, Iloilo and Bacolod. I've lived in Cebu and Ormoc, so I can catch up with friends there and explore Iloilo and Bacolod where I haven't been yet.  Maybe we'll get bored there after a few years but so what, there's thousands of other islands to consider for the future.

• Like 3