Davaoeno

Bitcoin bloodbath nears dot-com crash levels as hundreds of other cryptocurrencies go to zero

Oz Jon
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TequilaSunset said:

I'm glad I just mess with my 401K funding, quite a bit safer and it's currently on a 18% clip for about a year and half with just 2 funds.

Now that's a smart way to invest (particularly if you don't want to spend much time analyzing companies and following short-term market/stock moves). Highly diversified too.

Plenty of good US funds and ETF's (exchange traded funds) available with reliable gains up over 10% pa. Some (like QQQ) up over 20% in good years.

And, in a 401K, tax advantaged.

Edited by Oz Jon
  • Like 1

TequilaSunset
Just now, Oz Jon said:

Now that's a smart way to invest (particularly if you don't want to spend much time following short-term market/stock moves). Highly diversified too.

Plenty of good US funds and ETF's (exchange traded funds) available with reliable gains up over 10% pa. Some (like QQQ) up over 20% in good years.

Exactly, for too long I just let it sit in a money market account (2% on avg) just out of fear. Once I studied some of the many funds available to me, and saw their 1, 3 and 5 years histories, it made things much easier to take chances. I just split it almost evenly between 2 funds now... fun to watch, I feel I am just gambling with lots of my former employers money. Sure all the money I put it in is at risk too, but this logic just helps me stay the course and not panic during some wicked swings the market can have. 

• Like 1

Oz Jon
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TequilaSunset said:

Exactly, for too long I just let it sit in a money market account (2% on avg) just out of fear. Once I studied some of the many funds available to me, and saw their 1, 3 and 5 years histories, it made things much easier to take chances. I just split it almost evenly between 2 funds now... fun to watch, I feel I am just gambling with lots of my former employers money. Sure all the money I put it in is at risk too, but this logic just helps me stay the course and not panic during some wicked swings the market can have. 

That's not gambling - that's smart investing!   A good choice!

ps.

Yes, the market takes some nasty hits every now and then, but in the longer view, it just keeps on rising.

If you don't need to sell in the short-term, you just ride out the dips. Time is on your side.

Edited by Oz Jon
ps
  • Like 1

DeedleNuts
11 hours ago, Oz Jon said:

Blockchain is a brilliant invention which will have many very useful applications over time.

It's unfortunate that it's first application was in crypto-currency, which will make a few rich at the expense of many others.

The distributed reward of the 'coins' is the incentive that makes blockchain work. The issue is that speculation that drove the difficulty in mining through the roof, but like all such things market forces eventually prevail. 

JamesMusslewhite

Me I am investing in lobster 'grow-out' aquaculture. Low investment, a commodity that one can tangibly hold and manage themselves, which can be turned-over every 12 months with consistent 80-140% returns; and you can literally eat your loses.

Goetz1965

Lets talk again in 5 years where Coins values are...

savarity
Lets talk again in 5 years where Coins values are...
It won't matter if a certain coin is at $1, $1000, or $100,000. Its function and utility will be the same.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk