• Commercial Banner Advertisers

MartyC

Airport Clearance and ACR card

Headshot

If you are going to abandon your 13A visa, I would suggest that you renew your passport, so you have a clean passport coming in. That way, they are less likely to ask embarrassing questions. Then you can request the BB stamp (provided you are with your wife and have your marriage certificate). A BB stamp eliminates all of the nonsense fees except the terminal fee.

MartyC
55 minutes ago, Headshot said:

If you are going to abandon your 13A visa, I would suggest that you renew your passport, so you have a clean passport coming in. That way, they are less likely to ask embarrassing questions. Then you can request the BB stamp (provided you are with your wife and have your marriage certificate). A BB stamp eliminates all of the nonsense fees except the terminal fee.

Great advice, thank you , just checking for the worst case scenario. Worried a little that our flight is at 4 :40 am, hopefully the clearance procedure is fully functional at 2 or 3 am .

A_Simple_Man
5 hours ago, MartyC said:

Can one just abandon the 13A and board without the clearance?

It will matter what is stamped in your passport.  They will look.  Did you look at your arrival stamp to see what notations they put on there?

MartyC
12 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

It will matter what is stamped in your passport.  They will look.  Did you look at your arrival stamp to see what notations they put on there?

It looks like the basic entry stamp on my 13A visa page . 

A_Simple_Man
11 minutes ago, MartyC said:

It looks like the basic entry stamp on my 13A visa page .

If you mean a stamp with no handwritten marks on it or dates stamped on it then I am not familiar with that.

Every stamp I know about either has an arrival date and "valid until" date stamped on or handwritten on it, OR it is annotated BB which is a Balikbayan stamp that is good for one year.

If your stamp has no "leave by" date and your kid's passports are stamped the same then I expect you will have the same 13a experience as everyone else.  Pay the fees and it will be a breeze.   

Lordblacknail

So we went to an Atty, she quoted P50,000 and a year to change her name. Got to her office, after looking at the paper work we had, she said since her adoption was for the new last name, changing the first name should be no more than an administrative matter. She referred us to the registar in the area where Katie was born. She said to send them any piece of paper we can come up with showing the name we want to use versu the one on her passport. Things like all of her school records, the adoption papers showing the correct last name but the original first name because we had an idiot lawyer. Any medical receipts or papers showing her desired name, her adoption papers from the US and her US birth certificate and her US passport. We will keep you posted as to progress. MartyC you are welcome to pm me if you want to discuss this further.

• Like 1

MartyC
On 6/12/2018 at 10:48 PM, Lordblacknail said:

Here's a little something for some of you. When we were leaving for Seattle, they asked for my daughters passport. It was a US passport. He asked how long has she been here since she got the passport? since 2016. That will be P70,000 for overstaying. I had no idea that children had to have visas too, if they have a US passport. Her RP passport was in her birth name. Had my BIL bring it from home along with some other papers, they let her go through. But he told me to get her a RP passport in her correct name, before we travel again.

Thanks for your post! It prompted me to put my daughters adoption with name change paperwork in my carry on, vs my checked bags . They did ask for it and entered both names in their system, so was good to go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1