• Commercial Banner Advertisers

MartyC

Airport Clearance and ACR card

MartyC

I have a current ACR 1 card and my flight to the US is in a couple of days. Do I need to get some kind of clearance at Mactan airport ?  Or can I just skip it and pay the fines or fees when I return in a year or two ? Thanks

Woolf

13A   or   tourist  ??

A_Simple_Man
Posted (edited)

(Post edited after finding Marty's old post)

Ignore all that.  You already told us last year:

Edited by A_Simple_Man

MartyC
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

13A   or   tourist  ??

It’s a 13A through marriage . I paid the renewal in January I believe ,and have been here since August of last year

Edited by MartyC

A_Simple_Man
1 minute ago, MartyC said:

It’s 13A through marriage 

Yeah, that just gets taken care of at the airport.  You pay a fee and go.  Married guys will tell you how much.  

• Like 1

MartyC

Thank you ,that’s quite a relief to hear ! We just returned from our fishing trip in Siargao and I forgot to check that out in advance. 

Woolf
Posted (edited)

For 13A holders everything done at airport

The cost of leaving on 13A

3rd post this thread, post a bit old, but I think fees are still valid

https://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/topic/103131-exiting-the-philippines-with-13a-visa/

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

MartyC
5 minutes ago, Woolf said:

For 13A holders everything done at airport

The cost of leaving on 13A

3rd post this thread, post a bit old, but I think fees are still valid

https://www.livingincebuforums.com/ipb/topic/103131-exiting-the-philippines-with-13a-visa/

Thank you Woolf .. very helpful , sounds like I need to get to the airport a few hours early

Lordblacknail

Here's a little something for some of you. When we were leaving for Seattle, they asked for my daughters passport. It was a US passport. He asked how long has she been here since she got the passport? since 2016. That will be P70,000 for overstaying. I had no idea that children had to have visas too, if they have a US passport. Her RP passport was in her birth name. Had my BIL bring it from home along with some other papers, they let her go through. But he told me to get her a RP passport in her correct name, before we travel again.

Woolf
14 minutes ago, Lordblacknail said:

I had no idea that children had to have visas too

hmmmmmn

you should try check the Bi site

First table is for minors below 14 years of age

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

MartyC
11 hours ago, Lordblacknail said:

Here's a little something for some of you. When we were leaving for Seattle, they asked for my daughters passport. It was a US passport. He asked how long has she been here since she got the passport? since 2016. That will be P70,000 for overstaying. I had no idea that children had to have visas too, if they have a US passport. Her RP passport was in her birth name. Had my BIL bring it from home along with some other papers, they let her go through. But he told me to get her a RP passport in her correct name, before we travel again.

It looks look like I will be in the same boat ! I adopted my Filipina step daughter in in the US (with name change) and received her dual citizenship but never changed her name on her PH passport. I will have the adoption and dual certification on hand. I hope we don’t have to pay that much!

A_Simple_Man
11 hours ago, Lordblacknail said:

He asked how long has she been here since she got the passport? since 2016. That will be P70,000 for overstaying

7 minutes ago, MartyC said:

I hope we don’t have to pay that much!

Seems like if they are going to ask, and there is no stamp on the passport, then you "might" be able to claim them as balikbayans who did not need a tourist visa as they were only in Philippines for less than a year.  Worth a shot.  Returning filipinas and their children do qualify for that I doubt you thought to get a BB stamp in the kids passports on arriva.?

MartyC

No I didn’t think of it at the time. I assumed since my wife and 2 daughters were dual citizens It wouldn’t be necessary, but looks like I should have requested a B.B. stamp for all of us.

MickyG
15 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Yeah, that just gets taken care of at the airport.  You pay a fee and go.  Married guys will tell you how much.  

2880 pesos for Bi clearance at the airport, i aid it yesterday plus 1630 travel tax. The terminal fee should already be in the ticket price

In effect over 5000 pesos to leave the country for a resident. the flight return ticket was under 4500pesos

Utter insanity!!

MartyC

Can one just abandon the 13A and board without the clearance? Not that I plan on doing that , just wondering .