• Commercial Banner Advertisers

royman

Rape of a Family Member

royman
Posted (edited)

Crikey...this started as a simple question of wanting to know how someone can still love a guy that raped her daughter...

Anyway, I am legally the adopting father....the birth certificate with my name is legal... ....at the time of  adopting the parents were not married. The first child , by law, had to have the father;s name.....the 2nd child had to have the mother's name. The mother did not want his so my ex and I agreed to adopt the 2nd child. Remember the father is the brother of my ex wife, making him my brother in law,  and the other siblings I am a legit uncle to......so it was all family orientated.

No need to delve into deeply...it's all legit and above board.

Edited by royman
content

Headshot
9 hours ago, HTM said:

If he has done all correct the girl should already be an Australian citizen.  And have a passport.

Doesn't the Australian government require a DNA test before citizenship papers are granted, if the parents aren't married and there are no adoption papers? The US government certainly does.

Headshot
59 minutes ago, royman said:

Anyway, I am legally the adopting father....the birth certificate with my name is legal... ....at the time of  adopting the parents were not married. The first child , by law, had to have the father;s name.....the 2nd child had to have the mother's name. The mother did not want his so my ex and I agreed to adopt the 2nd child. Remember the father is the brother of my ex wife, making him my brother in law,  and the other siblings I am a legit uncle to......so it was all family orientated.

Things are seldom as simple as you think they should be (especially in the Philippines). Putting your name on a child's birth certificate is NOT the same as legally adopting the child. The Philippine government might recognize you as the real father because of the signature, but will the Australian government follow suit? Have you even checked into that? And if you acknowledge to Philippine authorities that you are NOT the child's real father (by saying you "adopted" her) you may have more problems than you can handle.

• Thanks 2

HTM
55 minutes ago, royman said:

Anyway, I am legally the adopting father....the birth certificate with my name is legal... ....at the time of  adopting the parents were not married. 

Some of us read what your writing!

She is the 2nd child of my ex wife's brother. 12 years old...has my surname on her birth certificate. All done immediately after her birth when registering.

Thats NOT an adoption! That you signing that you the real father of your "niece". or maybe I misunderstand you. for a legal adoption in the Philippines take times and money. 

HTM
15 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Doesn't the Australian government require a DNA test before citizenship papers are granted, if the parents aren't married and there are no adoption papers? The US government certainly does.

No, It's not a requirement from them as far as I know. But maybe something new na. It was not 6 years ago.

Jawny
1 hour ago, royman said:

Crikey...this started as a simple question of wanting to know how someone can still love a guy that raped her daughter...

Sorry to see your posts go astray like this.  I have little to offer to the initial query.  The violent act of rape is not something I can understand and particularly as you’ve described.

When you mentioned the reasons you were here and the adoption, I realized this would generate all this sidebar commentary.  

The self appointed experts among the group want to advise you even if you hadn’t asked for advice.  As it happens, there are instances where foreigners have gotten caught up in the legalities of birth certificate changes.  This can end up problematic.

I did adopt a child and the process involved court hearings and more.  The surname change was made post adoption.

There are instances that a man’s surname is placed on a birth certificate without being the biological father.  DNA tests would reveal that the child is not the biological child of the father.  My BIL is married to the mother of a child which is not his own.  His name is on the birth certificate.  No adoption necessary.

My child does not have a foreign passport, nor would she without first obtaining a visa and eventually citizenship.  No plans for that.  

Sorry about the trip experience you had.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Headshot
29 minutes ago, HTM said:

No, It's not a requirement from them as far as I know. But maybe something new na. It was not 6 years ago.

As of right now, you are correct. DNA testing is not required IF the Australian citizen's name is on the birth certificate. If he hasn't gotten the girl her Australian citizenship already, the clock may be ticking before DNA testing IS required.

DNA testing is not required by law and applicants do not have to undertake DNA testing even if it is suggested by the Department. DNA testing is another form of evidence—usually an alternative to a birth certificate.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/23dna

However, if he continues to say he is her "adopted" father, he will eventually get into problems with the Philippine government.

And ... if he says anything to make the Australian government believe that he is anything other than the girl's REAL father during the citizenship application, he will likely have problems there as well. I would suggest that he stop using the term "adopted", and just refer to the girl as his daughter.

• Like 2

HTM
12 minutes ago, Jawny said:

13 minutes ago, Jawny said:

The self appointed experts among the group want to advise you even if you hadn’t asked for advice.

We only say it's not an adoption, by Philippine Law! RULE ON ADOPTION
Someone shud be able to point that out widout you in a condescending way accusing other to be "self appointed experts",  an at the same time you say:

I did adopt a child and the process involved court hearings and more.

So you the real expert when you saying the same?....

• Like 1

RogerDat

Well now you see a simple question on the forum is never as simple as you thought. Asking about human morality here is a gamble as to whether it is well received, and simple to answer as you thought. Good luck getting the  response you hoped for.

• Thanks 1

HTM
6 hours ago, RogerDat said:

Asking about human morality here is a gamble as to whether it is well received, and simple to answer as you thought.

I think he got lots of answer to his question but sins he adding something he has done himself that maybe not correct by law or "moral" it easy develop. It's easy to criticise others for doing things wrong, but not that easy to see the ting you self doing wrong.

savarity
I think he got lots of answer to his question but sins he adding something he has done himself that maybe not correct by law or "moral" it easy develop. It's easy to criticise others for doing things wrong, but not that easy to see the ting you self doing wrong.

Excellent point.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

royman

Anyway...is it humane for a mother to say she loves a guy who raped her 19yrs old, mentally impaired daughter with 2 of his mates, and keep that guy in her life?

wondersailor

Without knowing the people involved, I will hazzard a guess that the mother used the "L" word as an attempt to save face. A feeble excuse to distance herself from involvement in the whole thing. An attempt to play the victim and avoid public condemnation of her turning a blind eye when it suits her. Again, just a guess without any knowlege of the people involved.

• Like 2