• Commercial Banner Advertisers

rep1

Was there today. All decors gone, only white wall now.Doesn't look like renovation. I'll miss the lamb paella and onzo :mellow:

What will replace them? Something Omani or Kazakh I hope.

GBT62

Yeah closed for good on April 30th. They made a brief statement on their FB page. The rumour there is rental increases.

I walked through the corridor from the parking garage to see the white glass - and hoped maybe it was just them renovating (not that it needed it).  But a week later still closed and I googled to find out the real story :(

After some of the less than average places I have tried, Cyma was a great find. 

Authentic greek dishes that were so well done. Their moussaka was worth a few return visits :D

They have a few branches in Manila still - so hopefully they will re-open here some day. 

• Sad 1

rep1

I guess they don't sell well.

Locals don't really like exotic food it seems. I'm usually the only customer.

samatm

sadly i never tried .. whre was it again.  I know I have seen it.

billy

I think there prices were to high and they out priced themselves. There food was good though

GBT62

Agree - pricing was a little too high for something many locals wouldn't be familiar with. 

A lot of the ingredients would be a little costly too - Lamb here for instance.

Unfortunately they weren't  part of that restaurant card group offering discounts (Bistro card ?). That may have helped get people to try something different.

Every time I was there I'd look across the corridor to the Italian place next door. It was generally half full to full. It is part of the Bistro card chain offering discounts - and it was offering pasta and pizza - a popular local choice.

GBT62
14 hours ago, samatm said:

sadly i never tried .. whre was it again.  I know I have seen it.

at Ayala - ground level - over the other side from the terraces  - outside where the strip of restaurants are (JCO, Japanese, Italian etc). 

rep1

price is really high, min P700 to get sufficient food and drink. Half of the food are not my type but lamb paella is really great (good for 3 they say, I always eat it all :D). They had fat lamb and very strange rice, something with flower in name.

savarity

I looked at it a few times, walked by maybe hundreds of times. Never went in, because the menu was expensive and it had a sparse open interior.

Prime real estate though, something with broader appeal could certainly do well there.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk