• Commercial Banner Advertisers

Enuff

Another 13a question

Enuff

I'll be heading down to BI on Friday 5/18 to apply for my 13a visa.

I will have just about everything in hand:

1. NBI clearance

2. 13a application

3. certificate of marriage

4. wife's birthday certificate

5. my birth certificate

6. copy's of my bio and last entry of passport

7. 2x2 photos.

8. Notarized request letter from wife (I have read that there a people outside BI, who knows where, that will write the letter and notarize it on the spot).

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

SkyMan

I thought you were supposed to have some police report from the FBI or something. Don't forget lots of money and record everything so you can do it again in a year because you're doing it in the wrong country. 

• Confused 1

soupeod
59 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I thought you were supposed to have some police report from the FBI or something. Don't forget lots of money and record everything so you can do it again in a year because you're doing it in the wrong country. 

I'm not sure what you are saying, can you be more specific please.  Thanks Brother. 

Monsoon

He means doing it in country means double the work because he will have to go back in a year and do it all over again. 

Doing it from a PH consulate in your home country eliminates the redundancy  

Unless something has changed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Kabisay-an gid
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Don't forget lots of money if you choose to do it in the USA also. Philippine consulates are few and far between in the USA.

The main embassy in D.C. was the closest option for my wife when she renewed her passport. 

17+ hour roundtrip on Amtrak; overnight stay in one of D.C.'s notoriously overpriced hotels; long walk to the nearest post office and back to buy the required priority envelope - so she could have the passport mailed to her; ridiculously overpriced food every meal in D.C.

Trip ended up costing me a boatload.

Monsoon
44 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Don't forget lots of money if you choose to do it in the USA also. Philippine consulates are few and far between in the USA.

The main embassy in D.C. was the closest option for my wife when she renewed her passport. 

17+ hour roundtrip on Amtrak; overnight stay in one of D.C.'s notoriously overpriced hotels; long walk to the nearest post office and back to buy the required priority envelope - so she could have the passport mailed to her; ridiculously overpriced food every meal in D.C.

Trip ended up costing me a boatload.

I did mine in the US. Phone interview only. Cost me priority mail and normal visa fees. 

• Like 2

Kabisay-an gid
1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

I did mine in the US. Phone interview only. Cost me priority mail and normal visa fees. 

Thanks!

How long have they had the phone interview option?

Were you able to apply by phone for your very first 13a back in the day, or is the phone option just for renewals?

Jawny
9 hours ago, Enuff said:

I'll be heading down to BI on Friday 5/18 to apply for my 13a visa.

I will have just about everything in hand:

1. NBI clearance

2. 13a application

3. certificate of marriage

4. wife's birthday certificate

5. my birth certificate

6. copy's of my bio and last entry of passport

7. 2x2 photos.

8. Notarized request letter from wife (I have read that there a people outside BI, who knows where, that will write the letter and notarize it on the spot).

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

I had thought a police check from home country was used.  Perhaps if you’ve lived here an extended period it is exempted.

Do you include income information and proof wth the bio?  As I recall there was some need for evidence of adequate income.

If there has been a divorce in your past, that should be included.

I obtained my 13a while in the USA. No interview.  No phone calls that I recall.  I had the impression the actual visa is issued in Manila and the consulate acts as a conduit to the DFA. 

I've never heard of a renewal of a 13a being done outside the Philippines.  In fact, I’ve never heard of a renewal at all.  Once issued it remains valid unless revoked for some reason.

• Like 2

Enuff

CONVERSION TO NON-QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA BY MARRIAGE (PROBATIONARY)

Who can apply?

A foreign national on the basis of his valid marriage to a Philippine citizen.

Where to apply?

BI Main Office

What to bring?

1. Checklist with complete documentary requirements (photo below)

2. Application Form

How to apply?

Secure the CGAF from either at the Public Information and Assistance Unit (PIAU) at BI G/F Main Office or from the official BI Website.

Submit the documents for pre-screening to the Central Receiving Unit (CRU) or to the frontline officer or staff of other Immigration Offices able to process this transaction.

Get the Order of Payment Slip (OPS).

Pay the required fees.

Submit copy of Official Receipt.

Attend hearing. Please refer to the Official Receipt for the schedule and venue of the hearing and Image and Fingerprint Capturing.

Proceed to Image and Fingerprint Capturing Counter of the Alien Registration Division (ARD) and submit requirements for ACR I-Card application

Check website if visa application is already approved.

If approved, submit passport for visa implementation.

If ACR I-Card is approved, claim ACR I-Card.

How much does it cost?

PRINCIPAL

DEP-SPOUSE

DEP-B16

DEP-B14

Php 8,620.00

Php 8,620.00

Php 8,370.00

Php 7,870.00

Additional Fee for ACR I-Card

1 Year - + US $50

*Fees are updated as of 06 March 2014 and may change without prior notice.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/non-quota-visa/conversion-to-non-quota-immigrant-visa-by-marriage

No mention of FBI clearance, I assumed NBI clearance was good enough.

Also no mention of income statement.

b2c97a804ea1e83d2fc2623e80b02a73.jpg

• Like 2

Jawny

Wouldn’t hurt to have some sort of financial documents.  May not be required, but should be easy to provide if asked for.  

SkyMan
10 hours ago, Monsoon said:

If you can do it via mail/phone, you could do that from here. That's the way to go.

Jawny

Might work. However, the visa would have to be used by entering the country. 

SkyMan
12 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Doing it from a PH consulate in your home country eliminates the redundancy  

I would bet it wouldn't have to be from your home country either.  You could probably do it in Bangkok or HK.

M.C.A.

Enuff here's a link to and instructions with all the forms I used in the US but also a listing of things required such as Proof of Financial stability like a printed document of your monthly pension or similar these forms never seem to be standardized and look different if done in the Philippines but they never seem to list all the requirements but for sure original notarized copies of divorce, keep in mind your forms will probably all look different here. 

http://www.chicagopcg.com/forms/immigrant visa form.pdf

• Like 1

Monsoon
On 5/11/2018 at 9:07 PM, SkyMan said:

I would bet it wouldn't have to be from your home country either.  You could probably do it in Bangkok or HK.

One might want to look into the details first. Often times they require you to be a resident or anything other than on a tourist visa of the country where you are looking to apply from.